2018 Active Duty UFT Board

flat4power

3 hours ago, afguy123 said:

Looks like more than 76 too (edit count 84), the fact that it was altered is so disheartening for folks who weren't selected. Like what changed? Why were some people added? 

I'm not sure with the folks that were added but there were selects taken off due to age ETP being restricted to CSO by HAF. This was after the age ETP being given the green light by all other levels.  The applicants weren't notified of the restrictions to their applications and therefore couldn't decide to pull their application out of the board and attempt to remedy the situation.

3 hours ago, Blindpelican said:

I'm not sure with the folks that were added but there were selects taken off due to age ETP being restricted to CSO by HAF. This was after the age ETP being given the green light by all other levels.  The applicants weren't notified of the restrictions to their applications and therefore couldn't decide to pull their application out of the board and attempt to remedy the situation.

So is it a possibility that an AFRC UPT board candidate with an age ETP approved thru the NAF commander could get stopped by HAF if AFRC selects said candidate? Or could HAF direct AFRC to not approve ETPs? Asking for a friend (3 of them actually). 

17 minutes ago, FlyArmy said:

So is it a possibility that an AFRC UPT board candidate with an age ETP approved thru the NAF commander could get stopped by HAF if AFRC selects said candidate? Or could HAF direct AFRC to not approve ETPs? Asking for a friend (3 of them actually). 

Responding for a friend... not sure about AFRC but that is the exact scenario that happened. Worked many months up through the wing, NAF, MAJCOM... got the ETP flawless and it was signed at every level with no issues. Worked with the Medical and got things squared away with no issue. The UFT board was great to work with and got everything submitted with no issues. 

Literally had no idea that this was even in the cards to happen. Planned for everything, asked all the questions, and covered all the bases... only to get blindsided. 

Tell your friends I said good luck. I am talking AFRC to see if they can work with what I have to get me in the cockpit... my friend I mean. 

Great, hope mine will be similar. I've been trying to take my check-ride for the past 3 months all I need to do is the flight portion. Hoping to have another shot next week (weather). I'm debating between asking to waive IFS (the release does say "for selectees without a PPL") and taking the TDY to get as much stick time as possible.
If you end up getting out of it, let us know what it took!

I already popped off an email. If I didn’t have a conflicting schedule, I would prefer to go actually due to it being “training” now and not “screening”.

28 minutes ago, Hopeful_guy said:

I already popped off an email. If I didn’t have a conflicting schedule, I would prefer to go actually due to it being “training” now and not “screening”.

I would not recommend going to IFT if you can help it. I was in the same boat as ya'll last year, I have my PPL and did not go to IFT. From what I've heard about IFT it does not really prepare you for UPT that well. You are also going to have a longer wait time until you can start UPT if you have to go. My timeline -- I was picked up on the 2017 board in Feb, PCS'd in May, and started UPT in June. If I had to go to IFT it would have been several additional months before I could start. 

I would not recommend going to IFT if you can help it. I was in the same boat as ya'll last year, I have my PPL and did not go to IFT. From what I've heard about IFT it does not really prepare you for UPT that well. You are also going to have a longer wait time until you can start UPT if you have to go. My timeline -- I was picked up on the 2017 board in Feb, PCS'd in May, and started UPT in June. If I had to go to IFT it would have been several additional months before I could start. 

See that’s what I think, but buddies at UPT who went to IFT recommend it like crazy. While they recommend it, they say that after a month in UPT everyone is on a level field. (I think they just liked the per diem to drive from Columbus)

2 hours ago, Virginian90 said:

Got my rip today. 15 July Laughlin. Still need Wright pat and Doss 

Pretty positive you dont go to wright pat off the AD board. That’s why u get the FC1 to be eligible to apply.

i didnt go to wright patt after i got picked up in 2017.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Virginian90 said:

Got my rip today. 15 July Laughlin. Still need Wright pat and Doss 

1 hour ago, IMUA said:

Pretty positive you dont go to wright pat off the AD board. That’s why u get the FC1 to be eligible to apply.

I got a RIP already to go to Wright-Pat in April;  not the FC1 but for MFS (I completed the FC1 last June).  Also got told by my CC that I'll be going to Laughlin 15 July (yay), so I'll see you there Virginian!

I'm also supposed to be deploying in April....I really hope that reclama comes through, lol!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, IMUA said:

That is weird. My approved FC1 specifically said something to the effect of "Pending MFS approval" last year. MFS was the first thing I had to do.

2 hours ago, Vimix22 said:

That is weird. My approved FC1 specifically said something to the effect of "Pending MFS approval" last year. MFS was the first thing I had to do.

Guess that “case by case basis” rings true yet again.

45 minutes ago, cx300 said:

"MFS (Medical Flight Screening) was designed to augment the Flying Class I (FCI) physical exam performed at local Flight Medicine Clinics across the USAF on active duty pilot applicants. The certification stamp on the FCI exam will note "pending successful completion of MFS" which means it requires the additional MFS evaluation. If you did not have your FCI physical done at USAFSAM or USAFA, then the following applies to you; the MFS evaluation is accomplished on pilot selectees just prior or en-route to IFS/UPT"

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/Welcome/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/853108/usafsam-fci-medical-flight-screening/

As any good instructor would say, “This is what the black and white says”.