2018 Active Duty UFT Board

flat4power

9 hours ago, Dutch566 said:

Finally got word from the commander. Picked up for CSO. Not my first choice, but at least got word before the official release and an extra few days to make a decision. Good luck to everyone else that's still waiting!

Nice, Im in the instructor upgrade down here now, hoping to finish it before leaving for ENJJPT.  If anyone has any CSO/WSO/Pcola questions feel free to pm me.

Non-selects (and even selects that didn't get UPT/URT but wanted it) that had age or med waivers/ETPs that had to have HAF approval, check with the board POCs. My commander felt that I had a strong package to not be picked up for UPT, so he called to try and get feedback. He was told by the board POC that HAF changed my package after submitted up to them to exclude UPT, which was my top choice. This may be an acceptable, or even common occurrence for rated boards... but I feel just a little wronged by the situation. I was NOT informed of the change, and my package was boarded anyways. If I had known, I would have taken my package out of the running and fought on to try another day.  

Non-selects (and even selects that didn't get UPT/URT but wanted it) that had age or med waivers/ETPs that had to have HAF approval, check with the board POCs. My commander felt that I had a strong package to not be picked up for UPT, so he called to try and get feedback. He was told by the board POC that HAF changed my package after submitted up to them to exclude UPT, which was my top choice. This may be an acceptable, or even common occurrence for rated boards... but I feel just a little wronged by the situation. I was NOT informed of the change, and my package was boarded anyways. If I had known, I would have taken my package out of the running and fought on to try another day.  

That sounds super shady. In that same motion, would you still be bound to accept a job you didn’t want or be ineligible?

42 minutes ago, Hopeful_guy said:

That sounds super shady. In that same motion, would you still be bound to accept a job you didn’t want or be ineligible?

So the only options it sounds like you have are to accept CSO (not sure if you are opposed to, or  just not what you preferred) or decline and not be eligible for future UFT boards I would imagine. 

Edited by Dutch566
Terrible, terrible grammar

1 hour ago, Blindpelican said:

That sounds shady as F...

I wonder if that’s even IGable?

2 hours ago, Blindpelican said:

This is disgusting.  Especially with the provision that says if you need a Waiver/ETP and turn down any UFT selection you are ineligible to apply again in the future.

I know my commander said he would look into what happened with my case...  I'll email the Board tomorrow and see if I can find anything out.

On a related note, only a SINGLE ABM was picked up to cross train to Pilot.  I know there had to be close to 20-25 total that applied; many of which were very qualified with PPLs, Master's Degrees, good AFOQT scores and PCSMs.  There seems to be a lot of shady business going on behind the scenes.

2 hours ago, Dutch566 said:

So the only options it sounds like you have are to accept CSO (not sure if you are opposed to, or  just not what you preferred) or decline and not be eligible for future UFT boards I would imagine. 

Yep that's about exactly what my commander said the options were...

2 hours ago, IMUA said:

That sounds shady as F...

I wonder if that’s even IGable?

Not sure but I am going to try to get this pulled from my records or talk with legal. It's not so much the fact that HAF took UPT off the table, but rather the fact that no one told me so I would have the option to pull my package out and sort it out for next years board. 

18 minutes ago, Hefe said:

This is disgusting.  Especially with the provision that says if you need a Waiver/ETP and turn down any UFT selection you are ineligible to apply again in the future.

I know my commander said he would look into what happened with my case...  I'll email the Board tomorrow and see if I can find anything out.

On a related note, only a SINGLE ABM was picked up to cross train to Pilot.  I know there had to be close to 20-25 total that applied; many of which were very qualified with PPLs, Master's Degrees, good AFOQT scores and PCSMs.  There seems to be a lot of shady business going on behind the scenes.

Yeah I really do feel like I got boned pretty hard. I'm not one of those "big blue is out to get me" types but if you knew my whole story it starts to sound like a conspiracy. 

23 minutes ago, Blindpelican said:

Yeah I really do feel like I got boned pretty hard. I'm not one of those "big blue is out to get me" types but if you knew my whole story it starts to sound like a conspiracy. 

No, I believe you.  People in my community have been wronged pretty badly too (including me haha).  It sucks to see.  Luckily you have a vote and it's with your feet.  The Guard or Reserves are hiring and I fully intend to move in that direction instead of deal with this active duty BS.

25 minutes ago, Hefe said:

No, I believe you.  People in my community have been wronged pretty badly too (including me haha).  It sucks to see.  Luckily you have a vote and it's with your feet.  The Guard or Reserves are hiring and I fully intend to move in that direction instead of deal with this active duty BS.

I am forced to decline, which won't allow me to apply for guard/reserve boards. 

5 minutes ago, Capt Ahab said:

I didn’t see in any ANG apps I started anywhere that asked if I declined UFT. Reserves one asks though.

That's good to know about the guard apps. I haven't started any of those processes, but the reserve process did ask the questions. I am going to try to get it expunged or taken off the record. Not sure if that is even possible, even with the potential "wrong doing". 

6 hours ago, Hopeful_guy said:

Did you find out why it excluded you from UPT? Would you of been eligible for RPA?

No one has told me yet the reasons why.  The board doesn't really know because that's the way they received my app. Supposedly it took place at the HAF when signing the age waiver (I'll take this opportunity to mention that the only reason I had to get an age waiver is because I was DQ'd a few years back for a misdiagnosis by the AF and have spent a few years trying to get that sorted out). I was cleared by the flight med for all rated duties. I chose to put UCT above URT on my app, so that's why I ended up with UCT. 

Edited by Blindpelican

Also, I realize that I sound like a btchy 4 year old toddler stomping his feet right about now. All because he didn't get what he wanted... the very first post I should have made was congrats to all of the selects! Much deserved, and good luck!

Edited by Blindpelican

11 hours ago, Blindpelican said:

I am forced to decline, which won't allow me to apply for guard/reserve boards. 

I declined an AD UPT slot and was still picked up for a guard UPT slot. So that's not true. Just get out of AD and go Guard/Reserve if you want to fly.

Edited by GDAL

1 hour ago, GDAL said:

I declined an AD UPT slot and was still picked up for a guard UPT slot. So that's not true. Just get out of AD and go Guard/Reserve if you want to fly.

Well I just got hit with an assignment in current career field today, so unless I can get hired on with a guard or reserve unit in the next 7 days... doesn't look good. So... if anyone knows any units with one of those fancy UPT slots lying around, I'll meet you in the alley

ngbbs43cddec7e2b26.jpg

Edited by Blindpelican

1 minute ago, Blindpelican said:

Well I just got hit with an assignment in current career field today, so unless I can get hired on with a guard or reserve unit in the next 7 days... doesn't look good. So... if anyone knows any units with one of those fancy UPT slots lying around, I'll meet you in the alley

ngbbs43cddec7e2b26.jpg

ngbbs43cddec7e2b26.jpg

There's plenty of 'em... http://www.guardreservejobs.com/newjobboard/

Edited by GDAL

What a whirlwind week. On March 2nd I was informed by my commander that I was a non-select on my 3rd, and therefore, last eligible board. Today my CC told me that (through some magic) I was actually a UPT select. Did not see that coming, but I'll take it!! 

40 minutes ago, Fryeguy6 said:

Found out I'm an URT Alternate! How excited/optimistic should I be about being picked up? Also I only applied for RPA.

It all depends on how many URT selects there are, how many of those selects don't make it to URT, and where you rank in the alternate rack and stack. You are an alternate only for those picked up on this AD board (not the whole URT pipeline) if someone can't make it for some reason. You can contact AFPC to find out where you are in the alternate ranking. I was a UPT alternate back in 2016 and nothing ever became of it, but there were only 14 selects that year and all of them went on to UPT.

1 minute ago, Stig said:

What a whirlwind week. On March 2nd I was informed by my commander that I was a non-select on my 3rd, and therefore, last eligible board. Today my CC told me that (through some magic) I was actually a UPT select. Did not see that coming, but I'll take it!! 

It all depends on how many URT selects there are, how many of those selects don't make it to URT, and where you rank in the alternate rack and stack. You are an alternate only for those picked up on this AD board (not the whole URT pipeline) if someone can't make it for some reason. You can contact AFPC to find out where you are in the alternate ranking. I was a UPT alternate back in 2016 and nothing ever became of it, but there were only 14 selects that year and all of them went on to UPT.

Does your commander have anymore of that magic to fix my situation?? Haha. Congrats though, that is huge!