2018 Active Duty UFT Board

flat4power

This is the week, or so we hope. Can we get some confirmation from the board as to the likelihood that we find out this week? 

I'm not suggesting anyone call since they've said they don't want us to: but if anyone has/does please report what was conveyed. 

Edited by afguy123
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Virginian90 said:

“Keep calling and emailing to a minimum” has some gray area that another applicant and I decided to use. 

Here’s what we got: The list is with the GO(?) at AFPC. Target date is still 28 Feb. 

General Officer. That means it isn't finalized yet, we won't find out today. Even if he/she signed it right after they sent that unless they have the emails to everyone's commanders ready we wouldn't find out until tomorrow at the absolute earliest. 

Edited by JoshuaTheCSO

5 minutes ago, JoshuaTheCSO said:

General Officer. That means it isn't finalized yet, we won't find out today. Even if he/she signed it right after they sent that unless they have the emails to everyone's commanders ready we wouldn't find out until tomorrow at the absolute earliest. 

True, even according to last year's process it seems like Commanders were notified the day after the PDSM was pushed out.

5 hours ago, goddard15 said:

It is my assumption that CSOs have a higher than average PCSM due to the fact that they get flight hours at IFT and I presume have a greater understanding of general aviation knowledge than a contracting officer (ceteris paribus) for instance. So if you are someone who does not have a PPL and you see that the average PCSM is in the high 80s and think "geez how could I ever get a slot without getting hundreds of hours and going broke" I think you are being misinformed. I think there is a discontinuity between the 80% of individuals selected with a PPL and the 20% of individuals selected without a PPL. This means that individuals without a PPL can be accepted with lower PCSM's but that there are far fewer slots for individuals without PPLs. 

I can tell you that as a Strike WSO with an RCH over 900 hours, it has no bearing/impact on my PCSM.  It all boils down to AFOQT, GPA (mine sucked as an egnineer, no rated slot from USAFA), TBAS (yeah give me a break on how that shows airmanship) and civilian flight hours.  Ill be on my third AD board this year and it seems that PCSM is weighted very heavily over other "qualifying" factors.  I was able to improve my PCSM slightly for this years board, however I finished my PPL, so it will be interesting to see how that will play into things.  It seems to be more of a pipe dream at this point, and at the end of my ADSC the air force will probably shed another frustrated rated aircrew.  Cheers for tomorrow, im going back to my scotch.   

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Merlin said:

I can tell you that as a Strike WSO with an RCH over 900 hours, it has no bearing/impact on my PCSM.  It all boils down to AFOQT, GPA (mine sucked as an egnineer, no rated slot from USAFA), TBAS (yeah give me a break on how that shows airmanship) and civilian flight hours.  Ill be on my third AD board this year and it seems that PCSM is weighted very heavily over other "qualifying" factors.  I was able to improve my PCSM slightly for this years board, however I finished my PPL, so it will be interesting to see how that will play into things.  It seems to be more of a pipe dream at this point, and at the end of my ADSC the air force will probably shed another frustrated rated aircrew.  Cheers for tomorrow, im going back to my scotch.   

If you were not rated out of USAFA but are now a WSO does that mean in one of your first two AD boards you were offered that and accepted? If you don't mind sharing, what were the PCSM's during the respective years. 

12 minutes ago, Merlin said:

Keep your head up brother. PPL is huge and that could’ve been the deciding factor for you last year. Now you have it. Along with the rest of us who have it with our applications this year. I think that pushes you in the running along with experience . The undergraduate rated application board page has been taken down. Pretty strong sign tomorrow’s the day. Best of wishes to everyone. 

If that’s the case it makes me wonder how bad a package has to be for perfect scores and a PPL to not get selected lol

26 minutes ago, afguy123 said:

If you were not rated out of USAFA but are now a WSO does that mean in one of your first two AD boards you were offered that and accepted? If you don't mind sharing, what were the PCSM's during the respective years. 

Yup picked up FY12 Board. Think I was around 60 ish for that board, with around 20 hrs civilian time.  

24 minutes ago, Dreamin21 said:

Keep your head up brother. PPL is huge and that could’ve been the deciding factor for you last year. Now you have it. Along with the rest of us who have it with our applications this year. I think that pushes you in the running along with experience . The undergraduate rated application board page has been taken down. Pretty strong sign tomorrow’s the day. Best of wishes to everyone. 

Well I am 31, and at this point I am a bit tired of trying only to be dissappointed, probably time to grwo up at some point.  Oh well now I have my PPL and civilian flying, albeit pricey, is kind of fun.  Plus now that I'm an instructor down at UCT in Pcola I have plenty of free time to enjoy it.  

22 minutes ago, Dreamin21 said:

Just got word from some others. They have been notified they got picked up by their bosses 

Here's to hoping.  

Edited by Merlin

31 minutes ago, Hopeful_guy said:

If that’s the case it makes me wonder how bad a package has to be for perfect scores and a PPL to not get selected lol

My PCSM isnt great still, thats the lowpoint of my app.  Below average compared to last years average.  Done about all I can to improve it, vice spending 15k+ racking up another 140 civilian hours.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, goddard15 said:

Lol so did dreamin troll us or have people actually heard? 

Actually I keep being down voted trolled for trying to help. So ill just wish you all the best and let the guys crunching numbers and odds  constantly fill you in lol. 

Best wishes to all 

• Downvote 1

Ok the bros are 2 navs from a buff squadron in Guam. They are currently in the middle of an  exercise and it’s already tomorrow their time. So that makes sense why they and their commanders know already. They’ll let me know more if they get anything else. Sorry doesn’t put our hearts at ease. At least we know the list is out

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1