2018 Active Duty UFT Board

flat4power

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2017 at 10:08 PM, Pred69 said:

We have released the Undergraduate Flying Training (UFT) Board 2018 Announcement this morning to the field:

MyPers Announcement:
https://mypers.af.mil/app/answers/detail/a_id/34543

There are several changes to the program this year:
1.  One Personal Letter:  We are now allowing members to provide a letter to the board with the member's comments on why they should get picked for Pilot, CSO, RPA, or ABM training.  This is YOUR chance to sell yourself.

2.  Members are now required to apply for all crew positions to which they are medically qualified.

Please read the message carefully!  There are subtle changes this year as well.  If there is any information you want or need, let us know.  

Please visit our website on the Portal.... CAC required.
https://www.my.af.mil/gcss-af/USAF/ep/browse.do?programId=t0ECF2BB852AD5A280152C257EBA7018E&channelPageId=s330D98A14DFE211B014E2178A7BD03FF
Any questions, let us know.

Pred

Maj Travis "Pred" Halleman
UFT Board POC / Deputy Branch Chief, Rated Assignments

Is the board still planning to meet on time with the government being shutdown? 

4 hours ago, calnav said:

I would imagine so. I mean AD are still required to report to work. Good question though...

Just wondering because the board is made of rated colonels pulled from their squadrons for the week so I wasn’t sure if it falls under an “essential TDY or non essential” 

• 2 weeks later...

So it looks like, from the last few board dates, they are released the second-ish week of Feb. Last couple of years, people were notified via command that Tuesday with the PSDM dropping that Thursday-ish. I don't know how far out command is actually notified. There is new directive to let commanders or senior raters and MPFs know seven days in advance of the member, don't really know if it relates.

Edit: yeah, what Goddard said ^

Edited by Hopeful_guy

5 hours ago, goddard15 said:

Using the PDSMs from previous years this is my hypothesis: the results will be pushed on February 12 and we will find out Wednesday the 14th.

In 2017, the PDSM was published on February 13th, 12 business days after the board closed from 23-26 January. In 2016, it was 11 days from 25-28 January until 12 February. In 2015, it was 18 business days from 17-20 February until 18 March. 

In last year's forum thread there was an update to the portal page on 1 February saying the results would be published on 13 February. 

Also note that last year the PDSM is dated the 13th but the earliest anyone posted about finding out was the 14th so 13 Feb might be more realistic. Last year the moderator of the board said they pushed out the PDSM on Monday the 13th. Some folks found out from their commanders on the 14th. On Thursday the 16th someone posted that the list was public on Mypers and on Friday folks reported receiving a auto generated email from vMPF.

I have no idea if the ETP extension will delay the release.

Sounds good! Almost time then

On 2/6/2018 at 11:20 AM, goddard15 said:

Using the PDSMs from previous years this is my hypothesis: the results will be pushed on February 12 and we will find out Wednesday the 14th.

In 2017, the PDSM was published on February 13th, 12 business days after the board closed from 23-26 January. In 2016, it was 11 days from 25-28 January until 12 February. In 2015, it was 18 business days from 17-20 February until 18 March. 

In last year's forum thread there was an update to the portal page on 1 February saying the results would be published on 13 February. 

Also note that last year the PDSM is dated the 13th but the earliest anyone posted about finding out was the 14th so 13 Feb might be more realistic. Last year the moderator of the board said they pushed out the PDSM on Monday the 13th. Some folks found out from their commanders on the 14th. On Thursday the 16th someone posted that the list was public on Mypers and on Friday folks reported receiving a auto generated email from vMPF.

I have no idea if the ETP extension will delay the release.

I found out I got picked up on 13 Feb last year while driving home from work. The rest of the timeline checks, and I had a RIP within 2 weeks for both MFS and  UPT

Good luck to all of you that applied

Edited by Warriorboy16
  • Like 1

On 2/10/2018 at 11:48 PM, Warriorboy16 said:

I found out I got picked up on 13 Feb last year while driving home from work. The rest of the timeline checks, and I had a RIP within 2 weeks for both MFS and  UPT

Good luck to all of you that applied

If you found out on Monday the 13th last year then that would correspond with today in terms of this year's timeline. Ideally someone from the board will post on here when the list gets pushed to commanders or someone will post as soon as the hear anything. But I think we will see a delay this year following them pushing back the deadline to apply.

3 hours ago, afguy123 said:

If you found out on Monday the 13th last year then that would correspond with today in terms of this year's timeline. Ideally someone from the board will post on here when the list gets pushed to commanders or someone will post as soon as the hear anything. But I think we will see a delay this year following them pushing back the deadline to apply.

If that is true than that means  this year they might have more slots than applicants so I think they might be struggling with placement 

51 minutes ago, Dreamin21 said:

If that is true than that means  this year they might have more slots than applicants so I think they might be struggling with placement 

Might be too optimistic? lol

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:40 AM, Virginian90 said:

Hey guys, 

new to the chat. When I asked i got the response of “before 28 Feb”. Which might have just been a “dude, wait” response. It’s killing me that someone out there knows my fate and I have to wait haha

You think with a response like that, they'd have a ton of people calling or a lot of information released. The mid-feb thing is all we have so far.

Edited by Hopeful_guy

19 minutes ago, Hopeful_guy said:

might be too optimistic? lol

You think with a response like that, they'd have a ton of people calling or a lot of information released. 

Not really, based off the numbers of slots rumored, extending application deadline for medical physicals , last year turn outs and reasoning, and number of original applicants, it’s more of an educated guess 

Pulled the attached from another thread. Interesting they are trying to ramp up pilot output, but a buddy of mine this morning said drones showed up on his UPT dreamsheet. That coupled with the entire T-6 fleet down for breathing equipment issues and talks of cancelling a UPT class, I am just over here confused as hell and hoping my PPL and scores are enough to float me to get there.

5a8438fdd9531_Crisis4.jpg.5544bc63c835403090852abfd8b77a47.jpg

Edited by Hopeful_guy

19 hours ago, Virginian90 said:

Same. Last year one of the Majors in charge of organizing the board got on here and updated the applicants on rough timelines :/

I feel like we all want the board to do this again this year. I'm not sure what they gain by not  or what they would lose by being a bit more transparent. 

5 hours ago, Hopeful_guy said:

Pulled the attached from another thread. Interesting they are trying to ramp up pilot output, but a buddy of mine this morning said drones showed up on his UPT dreamsheet. That coupled with the entire T-6 fleet down for breathing equipment issues and talks of cancelling a UPT class, I am just over here confused as hell and hoping my PPL and scores are enough to float me to get there.

5a8438fdd9531_Crisis4.jpg.5544bc63c835403090852abfd8b77a47.jpg

Was this recently? AFPC road show just said last year they stopped forcibly dropping RPA in UPT unless people actually want them. And a foot in the door is all I’m praying, drop list dream sheets is more near the finish line of a awesome UPT ride 

1806 at CBM definitely has MQ1 and RQ4 on its dream sheet on the T1 side (along with a B52).  Only saw the list in passing, so maybe there is a deeper story but it wouldn't surprise me for AFPC to say one thing and do another or for someone to get inexplicably screwed due to poor timing.