So I guess I'm the only one who finds it hilarious (in a self-depricating way) that immediately after an applicant visit weekend the squadron makes a post looking for additional applicants (seemingly because they didn't like us). Obviously that's not the reality of the situation because the other 8 guys are great dudes who are going to be extremely competitive, but I made a joke.

I'll keep my day job and hopefully you all can forgive my faux pas. I'm sorry. My flying is better than my joke making, I swear.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, FoxtrotNovemberGolf said:

So I guess I'm the only one who finds it hilarious (in a self-depricating way) that immediately after an applicant visit weekend the squadron makes a post looking for additional applicants (seemingly because they didn't like us). Obviously that's not the reality of the situation because the other 8 guys are great dudes who are going to be extremely competitive, but I made a joke.

I'll keep my day job and hopefully you all can forgive my faux pas. I'm sorry. My flying is better than my joke making, I swear.

I think it is more the lack of situational awareness or respect to be calling out the hiring board on a public forum shortly after they gave you a great opportunity to go visit with them. They may still be considering all options and you're kind of making an ass of yourself at the same time.

Edited by bb17

So I guess I'm the only one who finds it hilarious (in a self-depricating way) that immediately after an applicant visit weekend the squadron makes a post looking for additional applicants (seemingly because they didn't like us).

Dude, learn when to just stop. There are times (this being a prime example) where you just need to drop it and shut up for a bit. Regardless of the circumstances, it only makes things worse by trying to argue and defend yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums
  • Upvote 3

Dude, learn when to just stop. There are times (this being a prime example) where you just need to drop it and shut up for a bit. Regardless of the circumstances, it only makes things worse by trying to argue and defend yourself.

I dunno, man. I got the joke. I thought it was balzy as hell, but I got the joke.

Responses seem unintentionally SNAP-ish, compared to the clumsy attempt at humor.

Maybe my brain just works that way.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, BFM this said:

I dunno, man. I got the joke. I thought it was balzy as hell, but I got the joke.

Responses seem unintentionally SNAP-ish, compared to the clumsy attempt at humor.

Maybe my brain just works that way.

I thought we established your brain doesn't work?

• Upvote 1

All, 

Due to our current deployment we have reschedule our outreach event. This will now be held on April 1st and is for APPLICANTS ONLY. The event is not a requirement but is a good chance to meet the pilots in the squadron and see the local area. Hand carried applications will be accepted for this event only. Our website is currently being updated to reflect this change. 

Please email jeremy.t.devlin.mil@mail.mil to RSVP.