No more off base TDY reimbursement

emer msn

3 hours ago, emer msn said:

I have a feeling this is ultimately a response to a number of "crash pads" that have cropped up around places like PIT and Shaw that take advantage (rightfully so) of the rules of the game regarding long-term "deployments" to places like AFCENT/CENTCOM, or TDYs at Randolph, etc.

Bros notice that there is a huge economic disconnect between what is being paid for vs what is received on base. and have rushed to fill the gap. This undermines the "monopoly" system, takes money from someone's pocket, which powerful entities don't like, and hence a "mini" policy that directly contravenes established law.

It's all fact (sort of). There has been a partial resolution for DTS vouchers since they are locally approved. The TDY enroute guys are still in limbo as of right now. I know of people at multiple base who have had their lodging zeroed out on their voucher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, ViperStud said:

One IG complaint should do it. Usually I despise the IG because they are spring-loaded to side with CCs. In this case they're violating federal guidelines. If Fingers is legit, someone needs to lose their job. Ball's in your court, Big Blue. 

My guess is that history repeats itself and someone gets promoted

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I don't know why you guys have faith in the IG or the JAG to fix this stuff. They are going to side with the commander 99% of the time.

Time to call a congressman, then.  Why does the Air Force think they can violate federal law?

I would think there are enough guys (and renters) at Randolph to get a fund together to get a lawyer to sue the shit out the AF. I would gladly send away some $$ to see the AF get bent over in court. Its a direct violation of the JFTR and unlike most the shoe clerk regs its not ambiguous what so ever. Take every opportunity to shove it to the man, god knows they don't pass up a opportunity to shove up ours. 

I don't know why you guys have faith in the IG or the JAG to fix this stuff. They are going to side with the commander 99% of the time.

99% of stats are made up and only 69% are accurate.

If the complaint involves the commander over the IG, it gets elevated, and in my experience in the IG, your 99% estimation is 50% accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One IG complaint should do it. Usually I despise the IG because they are spring-loaded to side with CCs. In this case they're violating federal guidelines. If Fingers is legit, someone needs to lose their job. Ball's in your court, Big Blue. 

Go to the DoD IG if you decide to go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

Can a schoolhouse commander require students to use on base lodging? Is that in there anywhere? Because it's happening at Lackland for C-5M PIQ and ACIQ

There used to be a piece of the JFTR that gave the schoolhouse CC the ability to set per diem for said schoolhouse and if you lived on base or refused on base quarters then you were stuck with that determination. Not sure if that transferred over to the JTR when re- written several years ago.

A quick google search and Cntrl+F and you could probably find your answer.

8 minutes ago, Herk Driver said:

There used to be a piece of the JFTR that gave the schoolhouse CC the ability to set per diem for said schoolhouse and if you lived on base or refused on base quarters then you were stuck with that determination. Not sure if that transferred over to the JTR when re- written several years ago.

A quick google search and Cntrl+F and you could probably find your answer.

Only thing I can find is "however for training, the training location commander, decides if govt qtrs use by a uniformed member is directed ..." page O-13

So does mean students are required? Or what?

the word "directed" is used on page O-8 when talking about how you can still get reimbursed the same as govt quarters but no more...

Not a lawyer...

But directed just means that if you refuse then you just get reimbursed up to the government lodging rate and the per diem specified on your orders.

If you get a non-a then that changes things.

However with the latest shenanigans, who knows.

Isn't there a congressman on this board or something ? Maybe he should take this on and ask the AF what the hell they think they're are doing.

The fact this is 100% illegal aside, what if you just file your travel voucher with a lost receipt form for lodging expenses.  A lost receipt form is always a legitimate way to claim expenses and you are not busting the JTR by doing so; not your problem if you don't supply an original receipt. Only issue would be if your AO wants to go through the hassle of personally calling Base X lodging and demanding to know if you stayed there or not.  This is all such a crock of shit, but I'm not surprised...counting down the days until I can pull the handle.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, faipmafiaofficial said:

Can a schoolhouse commander require students to use on base lodging? Is that in there anywhere? Because it's happening at Lackland for C-5M PIQ and ACIQ

Did they change who's running the place down there? Granted I had a Non-A when I went through years ago, but it was entirely a reservist show and they could have cared less where you lived as long as you showed up at brief time. 

If there was one place worse than Randolph lodging, it would have been the Kelly Inn, that place was a dump. Unless you really liked cockroaches, then you'd be just fine.

Edited by The-osu
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, brabus said:

The fact this is 100% illegal aside, what if you just file your travel voucher with a lost receipt form for lodging expenses.  A lost receipt form is always a legitimate way to claim expenses and you are not busting the JTR by doing so; not your problem if you don't supply an original receipt. Only issue would be if your AO wants to go through the hassle of personally calling Base X lodging and demanding to know if you stayed there or not.  This is all such a crock of shit, but I'm not surprised...counting down the days until I can pull the handle.

The AO would likely insist that you call the hotel and get a copy of your bill because the hotel will be able to provide that.