Goldfein advocating FAA 1500 hour rule change???

189Herk

1 hour ago, VMFA187 said:

I'd miss the fighting though. Flying is a means to fight.

If you're all about "the fight" then you should probably hang up the g-suit and roll to your nearest Reaper squadron.  You're "in the fight" on almost every sortie.  Heck you'd probably employ more weapons (against the enemy) doing that than you could ever imagine in a fighter.  

I still get to fly my 6 sorties/month in my Viper, as a part-timer.  Although, it's quickly becoming not worth it.  If they actually deployed us to go fight and not sit on our asses on TSP after TSP, I might agree with you.  I wouldn't even mind the massive pay cut I take to go on orders.  But the only fighting we seem to do anymore is fighting one self (USAF) inflicted road block after another just to get anything done.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SocialD said:

If you're all about "the fight" then you should probably hang up the g-suit and roll to your nearest Reaper squadron.  You're "in the fight" on almost every sortie.  Heck you'd probably employ more weapons (against the enemy) doing that than you could ever imagine in a fighter.  

I still get to fly my 6 sorties/month in my Viper, as a part-timer.  Although, it's quickly becoming not worth it.  If they actually deployed us to go fight and not sit on our asses on TSP after TSP, I might agree with you.  I wouldn't even mind the massive pay cut I take to go on orders.  But the only fighting we seem to do anymore is fighting one self (USAF) inflicted road block after another just to get anything done.  

I'm not strictly speaking about employing ordnance. Fighting your bros in BFM, a 4vX, etc... is largely what I was speaking to when I referenced "fighting."

17 minutes ago, VMFA187 said:

I'm not strictly speaking about employing ordnance. Fighting your bros in BFM, a 4vX, etc... is largely what I was speaking to when I referenced "fighting."

It's the least fulfilling job I've ever had in that respect. 

But at some point, you have to hang up the letterman jacket, put on your Jehovah's witness uniform, and work to live instead of living to work.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, SocialD said:

Not at the pace things are going this week for the A/A game in Syria! If this keeps up, everyone over there will have about 15 kills by the end of the summer.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SocialD said:

Naw, just come to gunships.  Then you don't have to tell your kids you shoveled sh!t in Louisiana  ate Doritos 12 hours a day during the great WW Syria . . .

It's way more fun when you get to look out the window and watch the cannon fire killing ISIS scumbags.  And some of us have 10x the missiles and bombs too!

• Upvote 9