Goldfein advocating FAA 1500 hour rule change???

189Herk

Ugh.  I'll bait him.  Chang, I won't even argue with you, but do keep in mind the epic exodus that would occur the second Stop Loss was lifted.  It's a net loss, long-term.  There's always a better option, unless we start trading nukes with North Korea.  And if something like that happens, you won't need Stop Loss - because we ARE patriots, and we WILL stay to defeat the enemy.

Insert ad hominem ad infinitum, bitter Cannon comment, and Congressional corruption zinger.  Close with incrimination of average American handout taker.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, General Chang said:

Stop Loss always has been (and still is) on the table.  It has to be.  U.S. citizens are depending on military pilots, some reading this forum, to defend this country and their right to L/L/PoH.  We must sustain an appropriate posture to our enemies in this interconnected world.  Stop loss, if invoked, becomes a patriotic duty.  I sincerely hope we have a few patriots left in the pilot ranks.

Your personnelists are working day and night at the highest levels to solve this problem by any other means.  Those personnelists are heroes in my book, and I believe they will be successful.  However, if they are not successful & Stop Loss is invoked, it will be easier, and shorter, if service members remember their core values & jump on the bandwagon.  Young people- do not be disheartened by the negativity on this blog.  The future of our Air Force and our country is bright, and you are the beacons.  Thank you for serving.

Seems to me like joining the Air Force is the first place fulfilled patriotic duty, along with the countless deployments.  I wonder how many stop-lossed pilots will then go to a 365 staff job in AUAB or Korea to churn out PowerPoint slides?

These personnelists...would they be the same ones who thought it was a good idea to pay pilots extra money to get out of the service two years ago?

Chang, at what point do you believe someone has fulfilled their duty?  Because you clearly don't think it's at the end of their ADSC.

And FlyinGrunt, it won't just be a net loss once the Stop Loss has lifted.  The fact the Air Force is even talking about it is convincing people to bail now, while they still have the chance.

Edited by pawnman
  • Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Gazmo said:

If the Air Force could somehow convince the airlines to rewrite the book and do away with a seniority based promotion system alla Emirates. Then people wouldn't be so spring loaded to jump ship for a line number in hopes for accelerated seniority.   Then guys would be "promoted" based on how "hard" they work or how much ass they kiss.

FIFY.  :beer:  

Edited by SocialD
  • Upvote 1

Guest No2bonus
11 hours ago, FlyinGrunt said:

Ugh.  I'll bait him.  Chang, I won't even argue with you, but do keep in mind the epic exodus that would occur the second Stop Loss was lifted.  It's a net loss, long-term.  There's always a better option, unless we start trading nukes with North Korea.  And if something like that happens, you won't need Stop Loss - because we ARE patriots, and we WILL stay to defeat the enemy.

Insert ad hominem ad infinitum, bitter Cannon comment, and Congressional corruption zinger.  Close with incrimination of average American handout taker.

If nukes are traded you won't be here anymore. If South Korea and Japan are nuked, we wouldn't be fighting for anything at that point. I highly doubt anybody in the Army or Marines will deploy to a nuclear wasteland to fight a war. You want to die from the medical treatment at the incompetent VA hospital or from radiation exposure? I'm good and I will pass on that patriotism because I've had enough exposure to the burnpits and poo ponds.

Edited by No2bonus

15 hours ago, Gazmo said:

If the Air Force could somehow convince the airlines to rewrite the book and do away with a seniority based promotion system alla Emirates. Then people wouldn't be so spring loaded to jump ship for a line number in hopes for accelerated seniority.

The seniority system is the only way to ensure that safety is the #1 factor motivating decisionmaking, vs trying to "look good" for management.

• Upvote 1

Sockpuppet.  Nice.  I guess when someone posts a positive thought on these boards, they become trolls & sockpuppets.

I do not advocate for stop loss.  I merely remind it is always on the table, and despite what Gina said, we are closer now than we have been in many years. If it comes, just jump in with two feet, stay positive, and we will end it as soon as able.

For those on AD, I take it you saw the AFPAK Hands solicitation we sent out today.  I hope you give strong consideration to volunteering.  We are ramping that program back to full capacity.  ISIS is altering the battlefield and we must have many, many more air power experts on the ground with long-term continuity.  Many carrots to participating: attend NIU for IDE, work at the Pentagon with some of our greatest minds, free language training, and likely early promotions to Lt Col & Col.  We will see many of our future Sq/CCs come out of this program, because they will be the most relevant/qualified in the current state of affairs.  This is a big deal; don't miss your opportunity.

If you really don't want to participate in this program, please encourage your friends who are on the fence.  We have a very small vol window and many slots to fill; it will not be long before Wing Commanders will be racking their senior Capts, Maj(s), and Majors (esp post bonus) for these opportunities.

• Downvote 10

26 minutes ago, General Chang said:

For those on AD, I take it you saw the AFPAK Hands solicitation we sent out today.  I hope you give strong consideration to volunteering.....

...This is a big deal; don't miss your opportunity.

Love those snippets! I'm sold!! Where do I bend over and take it??!

36 minutes ago, General Chang said:

Sockpuppet.  

Your satire is on a level of Andy Kaufman if not more so. You need to stop 'cuz the train has left the fvcking rails. Young, impressionable cadets and Lts don't realize you're using a reductio ad absurdum argument style.

If it isn't satire and you 100% believe what you post, then you need to take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror and get your priorities revectored. I don't think the Commissars of the Red Army drank that much kool-aid.

Our military is the greatest, not because of the equipment, but because of the people...they WANT to be here. Compare present-day vs conscript (draft) heavy days of 'Nam. 180 degrees out from each other. To echo @pawnman and others, when is enough enough? I'd argue that zero time is enough in that no citizen currently is forced to serve. The 4-yr ADSC for new non-rated Os and 4-yr enlistment is to get payback on an investment in training. As soon as they raise the hand and swear an oath, they've done more than 90% of their fellow countrymen. Fvcking Stop with the patriot bullshit argument; it's academically lazy. Most dudes on this board have had bros give it all for the Flag, or have had to stand in formation as the family watched their loved one be ceremoniously transferred off the jet at Dover. The patriotism angle has already be satisfied...move on.

My challenge to you still stands; join the RPA force as a 18X Pilot. Pay your dues on the line and then maybe (doubtful) catch a clue. Your post history leads me to believe you couldn't lead a wet sack of dog shit, let alone a group of Airmen.

Edited by GKinnear
I still can't use the word FVCKING? Ludicrous
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, General Chang said:

Sockpuppet.  Nice.  I guess when someone posts a positive thought on these boards, they become trolls & sockpuppets.

I do not advocate for stop loss.  I merely remind it is always on the table, and despite what Gina said, we are closer now than we have been in many years. If it comes, just jump in with two feet, stay positive, and we will end it as soon as able.

For those on AD, I take it you saw the AFPAK Hands solicitation we sent out today.  I hope you give strong consideration to volunteering.  We are ramping that program back to full capacity.  ISIS is altering the battlefield and we must have many, many more air power experts on the ground with long-term continuity.  Many carrots to participating: attend NIU for IDE, work at the Pentagon with some of our greatest minds, free language training, and likely early promotions to Lt Col & Col.  We will see many of our future Sq/CCs come out of this program, because they will be the most relevant/qualified in the current state of affairs.  This is a big deal; don't miss your opportunity.

If you really don't want to participate in this program, please encourage your friends who are on the fence.  We have a very small vol window and many slots to fill; it will not be long before Wing Commanders will be racking their senior Capts, Maj(s), and Majors (esp post bonus) for these opportunities.

Fellas, this dude is clearly just fucking with everyone.  Not worth even a second of your time - it's all bullshit.

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, General Chang said:

I just watched three dudes at 18 forgo a 20 year retirement to dodge a 365.  If you think AFPAK hands is going to help your cause, you are out of your ever-loving mind.

Christ, people!  Chang is a classically trained troller.  His last post was a dead giveaway and he probably overplayed his hand.  You all take him way too seriously.  It's kind of funny actually.

Edited by WAG
meh
  • Upvote 1

Christ, people!  Chang is a classically trained troller.  His last post was a dead giveaway and he probably overplayed his hand.  You all take him way too seriously.  It's kind of funny actually.

Agreed, it seems he just likes to poke the hornets nest. I'm willing to bet he is a nobody, and referring to Grosso as "Gina" was also a giveaway.

Did anyone see that video on FB of Everhart asking AMC airmen for inputs on how to fix the pilot manning? The serious lack of real leadership is almost comical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, MooseAg03 said:

Agreed, it seems he just likes to poke the hornets nest. I'm willing to bet he is a nobody, and referring to Grosso as "Gina" was also a giveaway.

Concur.  My money's on either GS-5 working in some closet at AFPC or a SrA personnelist who failed 4x PT tests and was administratively separated, now living in his mom's basement.  Either way, classic troll just churning for a reaction.

Concur.  My money's on either GS-5 working in some closet at AFPC or a SrA personnelist who failed 4x PT tests and was administratively separated, now living in his mom's basement.  Either way, classic troll just churning for a reaction.

My money is on a pilot trolling everyone.
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, ThreeHoler said:

My money is on a pilot trolling everyone.

I'll second that. Gotta be a pilot since he knows exactly how to push everyone's buttons.  

To whoever is giving voice to Chang, well played sir, well played. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/14/2017 at 6:18 PM, General Chang said:

Well we know he is at least a 3 star since he is on a first name basis with "Gina" Grosso.

• Upvote 1