The National Nightmare is Finally Over

HuggyU2

I liked the line "We're gonna take people off of welfare and put them back to work"... I'm sure that scared the sh!t out of a lot of people today... More "peaceful protesters" bashing windows, setting everything on fire, and shooting into crowds are close to follow I'm sure...

• Upvote 2

Eh, I knew Obama would eventually go away.   He was like a bad version of Windows.  He'd eventually be replaced.

I'm more excited about finally getting rid of that nasty Clinton virus.  In the past, it seemed like, just when you thought you got rid of it, it popped up somewhere else.   Out of the White House, then into the Senate.  Then the State Department, then it tried to get back into the White House.

Thankfully, not only does it seem like we finally got rid of the virus on our system, it looks like we've been able to disinfect it out of existence.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/16/clinton-global-initiative-to-lay-off-employees-shut-down-amid-dwindling-donations.html

Eh, I knew Obama would eventually go away.   He was like a bad version of Windows.  He'd eventually be replaced.
I'm more excited about finally getting rid of that nasty Clinton virus.  In the past, it seemed like, just when you thought you got rid of it, it popped up somewhere else.   Out of the White House, then into the Senate.  Then the State Department, then it tried to get back into the White House.
Thankfully, not only does it seem like we finally got rid of the virus on our system, it looks like we've been able to disinfect it out of existence.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/16/clinton-global-initiative-to-lay-off-employees-shut-down-amid-dwindling-donations.html

Weird, when your donations no longer gain political influence, they stop?
  • Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, TreeA10 said:

With money left over in the Clinton Foundation and an unopposed run for a New York Congressional seat, there is a possibility of the virus Clinton 3.0. 

While she could win the seat, what kind of influence would Hillary legitimately have in Congress? Chelsea on the other hand could, but I've seen nothing from her indicating she even has the ability to govern.

3 hours ago, Blue said:

Don't think for 2 seconds you've seen the last of the Clintons - there's still Chelsea. I predict you'll see her begin to move around the chess board here shortly.

• Upvote 1

While she could win the seat, what kind of influence would Hillary legitimately have in Congress? Chelsea on the other hand could, but I've seen nothing from her indicating she even has the ability to govern.

Listening to Chelsea is like listening to Ferris Bueller's teacher

Herkbum

I'd love to see Hillary win the race for mayor of NYC.  Those idiots deserve her and it would show just how corrupt and villainous she is.  Her disastrous term as mayor could always be pointed to show why it's a good thing that she lost the Presidential race. 

18 hours ago, Herk Driver said:

What happened to her potential run for Mayor of NYC?

I think that's just a masturbatory fantasy for a few on the left. Her access as mayor would be smaller and I don't see the same level of big-money backers propping her up. She doesn't have enough personal wealth from her shut down ponzi scheme to fund a serious mayoral run. Anthony Weiner's campaign was only as successful as it was because of his connections to her. Now that her balloon's popped, she doesn't have the power, influence, or money to make it happen. 

I thought maybe as a Representative in up-sate NY might work. It's out of the spotlight enough she might get the Dem party nod, but I think Chelsea's where the remaining Clinton-name capital will be spent. She still has the "potential".

19 hours ago, ViperMan said:

Don't think for 2 seconds you've seen the last of the Clintons - there's still Chelsea. I predict you'll see her begin to move around the chess board here shortly.

No one is as driven as Hillary, so Chelsea can't match her determination and get over  the burden of being a Clinton. Added with ability to be less charismatic than her mother doesn't bode well for her. Lower-house back-bencher is about all she'll accomplish.

But I've been wrong before...

Edited by GKinnear
grammer

16 hours ago, pbar said:

I'd love to see Hillary win the race for mayor of NYC.  Those idiots deserve her and it would show just how corrupt and villainous she is.  Her disastrous term as mayor could always be pointed to show why it's a good thing that she lost the Presidential race. 

Are there any significant policy disagreements between her and DeBlasio?  NYC would be trading in a generic liberal with low approval ratings and lack of charisma for ... a generic liberal with low approval ratings and a lack of charisma.  What would be the point?

On 1/21/2017 at 11:42 AM, Blue said:

Ever heard of herpes?

Oh, good. I didn't realize the UN was such a threat to our sovereignty.

https://twitter.com/repmikerogersal/status/816380592833105920
https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/193

Apparently some people are dreaming up new nightmares for funsies.

That bill in some form has been put forward every year for something like 20 years and it goes nowhere.

It would have happened this year no matter who was elected. And it'll die this year like it always has.
  • Upvote 1

That bill in some form has been put forward every year for something like 20 years and it goes nowhere.

It would have happened this year no matter who was elected. And it'll die this year like it always has.

Nor do I think it has a chance for success; more of a public shaming of the sponsor from Alabama, Mike Rogers.