No ppl, but lots of flight hours

Flyingforce

I'm applying for this years active duty board, which meets late January. What I'm wondering is, I have over 100 hours with a pcsm of 89, but with the cut off date I wasn't able to get a ppl. That's literally my next step. Does anyone know if the board looks more at flight hours then an actual ppl; and will not having a ppl hurt my chances? Curious what your thoughts are, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

I flew 63 hours in 2013 then ran out of money, started flying again in October just till the cut off date. Don't have enough time to turn in a ppl.

Don't most get their PPL around 40 ish hours? 63 then ran out of money sounds odd. I got my PPL at 35 hours...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

lol it's called Embry Riddle. Most get their ppls in like 70+ hours. Anyways though, I know my situation is different then most that's why I was wondering if the people who got picked up mostly got picked up cause of their flight hours and the ppl is just a reflection of that. I'm just curious if anyone knew.

There's no way to know for sure (i.e. I don't know anyone that was on the board), but yes bluedevil is correct that everyone picked up on last year's Active Duty board had a PPL. See below for the source document he's referencing. High PCSM seemed to be another indicator, and good news for you that having/not having a PPL doesn't influence your PCSM, which I would hope is fairly high with that many flight hours. Either way, as with anything, timing plays a huge role in these situations. Good luck...Pilot Data.JPG

• Upvote 1