Baseops Forums
Sign in to follow this  
congressman

The Congressman is back yo

On 1/15/2017 at 7:35 PM, BashiChuni said:

serious question

how many hot interns are running around DC?

Lots. Also hot staff members. See: http://thehill.com/50-most-beautiful/2016/   Far too many willing to sell... themselves for what they want.

On 1/15/2017 at 8:31 PM, 17D_guy said:

Follow-up - How many have Russian... Eastern European accents?

I actually wonder this as well.  The number of pol's who get caught up in women chasing.

There's a few. Most are hot as hell, but SOP is you don't date them. Cause of Anna Chapman, n-stuff.

• Upvote 1

On 1/27/2017 at 3:41 PM, Blue said:

There is a lot going on in DC.  I like most of what I hear.  However, how do I keep score?

Track Trump. The First 100 Days. This is about as concise as it gets, with daily updates.

Edited by HerkPerfMan
grammar
  • Upvote 2

On 1/10/2017 at 4:09 PM, congressman said:

Hey guys, after a little break from Baseops, was checking back in with you all to see what stuff I need to be aware of.  Are there issues out there you think I need to know about or concerns, etc?  Im not going to engage in debates or complaints about votes I have taken, but was curious if there is anything I need to be aware of.  I'm still flying in the guard so I know about many of them, but wanted to see what was up

Feel free to PM if youd rather, cant guarantee Ill be on often but Ill take a look occasionally.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Congressman, first thanks for coming on here and honestly soliciting feedback.  Not many bag wearing pilot types on Capitol hill these days.

It has been mentioned before, but one of the biggest qualms us lowly operator types have is the "do more with less;" whether that is a reduced budget, less flying hours, antiquated equipment, etc.  I've seen numerous mishaps (some unfortunately fatal) where one of the root causes was lack of proficiency.  The worst day of my Air Force career was to see two of my squadron buds crash a perfectly good airplane.  One of the pilots had just deployed out there and had hardly flown the new airplane because of sequestration.  Without making this a red v blue arguement, it boils our blood to see so much money wasted on "foreign aid," social programs etc. only for war fighters to be asked to go to the deepest sh*tholes of the world without the money or resources.  

My old airplane was 1970s made, broke all the time; how the heck are we supposed to go to a real war with ancient equipment?  Not to mention the even older bomber fleet.  How much money have we wasted in the acquisition process of the F-35? We must do better.

Most of us on here love serving our country, would do it again and will continue to do so! We just wish our elected officials would have our backs.  16 years of war takes a toll.

Edited by dream big

12 hours ago, matmacwc said:

I think it would have been better if somebody didn't "out" him.

QFT.  Straight DOXed.

Since I'm here: flight pay whats up with it?  

Edited by the g-man

Just got the official email today. Over 6 years goes up to $700 and over 12 goes up to $1000. Effective 01 Oct. memo signed 01 Jul. 

• Upvote 1

Just got the official email today. Over 6 years goes up to $700 and over 12 goes up to $1000. Effective 01 Oct. memo signed 01 Jul. 

Well $50/150 doesn't do crap to keep up with inflation, but I'll take a little extra beer money.

7 hours ago, the g-man said:

QFT.  Straight DOXed.

Since I'm here: flight pay whats up with it?  

Guess I need to look up DOXed. I can't keep up with millennialspeak(poundsign).

Post deleted.

Edited by ImNotARobot

$1000 at 12+ or 14+?  The current bump starts at 14. They changing it to 12? 

36 minutes ago, ThreeHoler said:

Yes. The 14 year category is gone. Hooray for $160 (pre tax) dollars a month. Too little too late.

I like to think of it as ($160 x 12) x 6 = $11,500. 

It helps with the sadness. :D

20 minutes ago, Homestar said:

I like to think of it as ($160 x 12) x 6 = $11,500. 

It helps with the sadness. :D

Or about $8600 after taxes...

Congressman, I have a DFAS SBP issue. Hubby ( deceased in 2013 0-6 pilot) and I started paying into SBP in 1997. He died. It took me six months to begin SBP for minor children (2...during a gov shut down). Went smooth for 1.5 years then both got overpaid one month. I paid $650 back on 13 yo. Oldest cropped below full-time in college a few semesters but ultimately should have been reinstated. DFAS owes her about $10,905 ( plus the 5% they want to screw her out of for their bad record keeping) instead she got reported to collections and couldn’t even get a tuition loan. Youngest daughter became eligible for the entire monthly entitlement. ( oldest got married). DFAS 1099 claimed they overpaid by some exorbitant amount they pulled out of the air so I asked for an audit and to correct the bogus 1099. Right now, DFAS owes my youngest over $85,000 as they stopped her Annitant pay in late 2015. I got a congressman in AR to look into this early 2016 and that made it worse as DFAS marked my then 14 yo as Married on My Pay. I’ve called them every month or two since Dec 2015 and it’s like banging my head on a wall. When I was active duty or in the Air Guard, I never had problems with pay. This is my “ only Child Support”. This has been in an “ escalated Status” for the past 1.5 years now. I’ve learned to ask for a Tier 2 Annutant representative when I call DFAS, then wait on hold for an hour only to be fed a bunch of lies. Might as well be getting answers from Sarah sanders. Useless. My QUESTION  now is should I CALL UP MY CONGRESSMAN AGAIN or should I FILE AN IG COMPLAINT. PS. The volunteer for the retirees on base can’t help either...I’ve asked. 

SOmebody gets to meet with Pres T today....

One on one impressions?

Edited by matmacwc

So putting aside the border politics, this article highlights over $1B in available bonus and incentive money sitting on the budget floor, yet the decision to limit pilot bonuses to $35K and not renegotiate for higher dollar amounts remains DoD status quo. What say you?

https://apnews.com/ba6c2bc1fa024393801131bfbaa9cd89

8 hours ago, war007afa said:

So putting aside the border politics, this article highlights over $1B in available bonus and incentive money sitting on the budget floor, yet the decision to limit pilot bonuses to $35K and not renegotiate for higher dollar amounts remains DoD status quo. What say you?

https://apnews.com/ba6c2bc1fa024393801131bfbaa9cd89

The amount doesn’t  matter. Not when it is still connected to a longer contract for indentured servitude. 

21 minutes ago, IDALPHA said:

The amount doesn’t  matter. Not when it is still connected to a longer contract for indentured servitude. 

True for you. Not for all. Show us the money and let the market sort it out.

Edit to add: preserving options to leave would only help. The service commitment functions as a multiplyer on the bonus of somewhere between 0 and 1 depending on the individual’s situation. 

Edited by jice
  • Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, IDALPHA said:

What purpose would a bonus with no commitment serve for the Air Force?  I'd love to get paid to not come to work, but that's just not in the cards.

HASC NDAA FY20 version just renews last year's offer...present "business case" does not appear to be max -performed yet thus no bureaucratic justification or urgency to change policy yet. However, as everyone knows, that's faulty logic considering the pilot exodus trend is accelerating not in govt's favor...

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-115hr5515rh/pdf/BILLS-115hr5515rh.pdf

For me, the bonus release this January will determine my future.  If it substantially increases (at least 55k/year) or move to the professional pay that was thrown around I would CONSIDER staying.  I’m giving the AF one last shot to fix itself.

Another thing I think they could do to sweeten the deal would be to offer us an early (15 year) retirement.  It could be a win/win, letting us help bridge the gap while the AF figures out it’s experience/numbers problem, and then we can get out with a retirement while not severely hurting our seniority numbers (since most of us are around 12 years once our UPT ADSC is up).  But I figure that’s a good deal so we will never get it.

2 hours ago, DuckHunter said:

If it substantially increases (at least 55k/year) or move to the professional pay that was thrown around I would CONSIDER staying.  I’m giving the AF one last shot to fix itself.

My friend's Excel worksheet still says he needs $72k/year to make it worth it for him monetarily... but I think $55k would probably do it for him given he just got the assignment he wanted.