General Order Number One for Washington DC! YGBSM

ClearedHot

So the memo is out, 40,000 Airmen assigned to and under OPCON of the AFDW are banned from consuming alcohol for 48 hours surrounding the inauguration.  Air Force civilians are strongly encouraged to adopt the policy as well.

All of the promises from Fingers made to look like a steaming pile of poo in one moronic action.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Kiloalpha said:

Meanwhile, in the five-sided funhouse... the GOs will likely gather and toast the new administration with their hidden bottles of bourbon.

Leadership vs. Management on display here.

In Iraq the biggest violators of GO1 were the GOs....usually during Thursday poker night. (here's my shocked face) The next day they're taking rank from an E-4 and E-5 for the same infraction

• Upvote 2

I can't link on my phone but Maj Gen Schwartz is getting fired on Jan 20. Story is on Drudge.

It doesn't mention GO-1, but I wonder if this story has anything to do with it.

Edit: Samsonite! I was way off.

The guy getting fired is Maj. Gen. Errol R. Schwartz. Went back to the top of this thread-that guy is Maj Gen Burke.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

• Upvote 1

I can't link on my phone but Maj Gen Schwartz is getting fired on Jan 20. Story is on Drudge.

If only we would have fired the first Gen Schwartz before he wrecked the place.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Warrior said:

Edit: Samsonite! I was way off.

The guy getting fired is Maj. Gen. Errol R. Schwartz. Went back to the top of this thread-that guy is Maj Gen Burke.

Here's a WaPo link.

Very... interesting decision.  But I guess I shouldn't be shocked at anything with the incoming admin.

• Downvote 1

14 hours ago, 17D_guy said:

Here's a WaPo link.

Very... interesting decision.  But I guess I shouldn't be shocked at anything with the incoming admin.

Hmmm, Trump isn't in office yet and his SecDef isn't either yet he gets blamed for an action taken recently under the current Administration.

THAT, my friends, is power.

• Upvote 1

Here's a WaPo link.

The way I read it he resigned. Just so happens the time and date is always set for this time.

Let's make something out of nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Lstcause257 said:

The way I read it he resigned. Just so happens the time and date is always set for this time.

Let's make something out of nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to his Nat'l Guard GO bio:

He entered service in 1979, so he is waaaay beyond the 35 year total military service law (unless waived by Congress as in Rickover); probably his Guard time played with that calculation.

The TAG of the DC Guard, unlike states' Guard which are appointed by the respective governor, is appointed by the President of the United States who is currently, and was when this order was given, Barack H. Obama.

The MG is also 65, again a mandatory military retirement age unless waived by Congressional action.

Nope, it's Trump's fault.

We're gonna see a lot of that, I reckon.

There was a good column (forget the venue and writer) on how everything for the past eight years was Bush's fault, and from here on out everything is Trump's fault.

It's as though the last Administration didn't exist.

Sure must be nice...

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, brickhistory said:

Hmmm, Trump isn't in office yet and his SecDef isn't either yet he gets blamed for an action taken recently under the current Administration.

THAT, my friends, is power.

I mean we can split hairs over it all you want, but feel free to read the article at some point.  Plenty of WTF to go around, along with the assumption I'm a liberal who's going to blame Trump for everything.  

"Two military officials with knowledge of the situation said the Trump team decided to accept the resignation. A person close to the transition said transition officials wanted to keep Schwartz in the job for continuity, but the Army pushed to replace him.

Edited by 17D_guy

I mean we can split hairs over it all you want, but feel free to read the article at some point.  Plenty of WTF to go around, along with the assumption I'm a liberal who's going to blame Trump for everything.  

"Two military officials with knowledge of the situation said the Trump team decided to accept the resignation. A person close to the transition said transition officials wanted to keep Schwartz in the job for continuity, but the Army pushed to replace him.

And how is this Trump's fault? Just because he accepted the resignation?

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, 17D_guy said:

I think we are agreed that reading is fundamental and implying that I hadn't read the article isn't. 

If the transition team wanted to keep him on, but Big Green was pushing him out the door, who exactly is the action figure in this scenario?

And if we get "it's all Trump's fault" on these forums (liberal or not, I don't know), just imagine what the wider world is going to say - at least 1/2 anyway and that percentage of unhappy campers contains most of the media so the effect will only be magnified.

- to BFM - Yep, that's the one, thanks.

edited to add:

The Commander of the DC Guard, appointed by the President, traditionally offers his resignation to each new Commander in Chief who decides to decline or accept the resignation.  This particular commander was appointed by George W. Bush in 2008.  Thus he has been in the same position for eight years.

The Trump team offered to keep the MG through January 20 with his retirement effective 21 January.

The MG refused and decided to voluntarily leave effective 1201 EST, 20 Jan 17.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/01/fake-news-wapo-not-tell-whole-story-dc-national-guard-chiefs-resignation-video/

Nope, it's gotta be Trump's fault...

Edited by brickhistory
  • Upvote 3