AFOQT baseline population

reticulous

Got this question in my email and couldn't answer it:

Does anyone know what group the AFOQT scores are "percentiled" against? 

Is it that current crop of test takers (ex: all test takers in Fall 2016)? All takers who have ever taken that same test form? Some other subset?

I know the old Form S scores were re-centered on fall 2014 scores. I am wondering about the scores for new test takers.

Thanks.

When I took the AFOQT at the Academy, they made us come in on a Saturday, told us our scores wouldn't influence our AFSC selections, and as soon as we were done we could carry on with the rest of our weekend. So you can guess how much effort I put in to that test. Just get a study guide and rock it.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 9:36 AM, reticulous said:

Is it that current crop of test takers (ex: all test takers in Fall 2016)? All takers who have ever taken that same test form? Some other subset?

I know the old Form S scores were re-centered on fall 2014 scores. I am wondering about the scores for new test takers.

Thanks.

redoing the scores fuked my old scores of high 70s into mid 60s. I'm pretty pissed i have to retake the AFOQT as a Captain eligible for Major this year. :cry:

Edited by Minus5

On 12/13/2016 at 8:36 AM, reticulous said:

Thanks.

Academy cadets are the baseline scores.  They all have to take the AFOQT as a junior/senior on the weekend, but it doesn't count for anything for AFSC selection.

Edited by LookieRookie
  • Upvote 1