Looks like someone at AFIT got bored

chizz

Good thing I decided to check my email this quarter, haha.  Anyone else get something similar?  They are rectifying records over 7 years old, really?????  Like someone would falsify an AAD?  YGBSM.  Anyway, just posting to check your records so you get credit for the "hard" work you put in to get your degree.

------------------

Sir,

Our office is currently reviewing records for officers.

This is a notification that your official transcripts were never received after the degree award date from TUI University. This degree was originally updated via a temp update, based on a letter from the registrar, which you would have requested dated 29 Sep 09. This degree will be removed from your records after 90 days if transcripts are not received.

To correct this: 

IAW:  AFI 36-2305 Para 4.1 Officer Updates.

In order to update academic records in MilPDS, we need official degree documentation (transcripts) sent directly from the university to:

AFIT Academic Coding Branch

2950 Hobson Way

WPAFB OH, 45433-7765

Official e-transcripts sent directly from the school may be sent to afit.coding@afit.edu

We cannot accept diplomas, faxes, photocopies, student scanned e-mail copies, unofficial or opened issued to student transcripts.

***If you have sealed copies of your transcripts, we can accept those from you.

Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery and processing of traditional mail (We only receive mail from the base postal center on Wednesday and Friday).  Overnight post and email runs 1 week for processing.  The individual will notice the update in CDB in vMPF within 24 hrs of processing. (We do not make real time updates to AMS SURF or AFVEC, it may take up to 30 days for the change to flow to other systems.)  If delivery confirmation is required, utilize certified mail, FED EX, UPS or Express Mail.

I went though survival school 100 years ago and we had a Lt Col flyer in our class...he had just returned to fly from a staff tour and was about to take command...curing the "audit" they discovered his record did not reflect attending Survival School so they made him go back and do it again.  He was MISERABLE and made each once of us promise we would make a hundred copies of the grad cert and mail one to everyone we knew for safe keeping. 

• Upvote 7

One of my previous squadron commanders got an email while we were deployed that they didn't have a record of his bachelor's.  He told me it was the third time they'd lost the documentation.  On that specific iteration, he told them "I've been serving as an officer for 17 years, and I'm in command of a squadron.  I think that's proof enough."