The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

But really, compared to current POTUS, Trump has actual job/work experience to draw from. I think Obama's total work record included 3 or 4 years as a community organizer and 3 years of his first Senate term. He had no business even being a Senator much less POTUS, as far as experience is concerned.

Trump is a knucklehead with regard to his comments and presentation style where as Reagan was a god when it came to communicating. I hope Trump does a good job and doesn't drift back to the left where he was previously, but only time will tell. I hoped Obama would do a good job too, and look where that took us.

• Upvote 1

Dont gloat, I like Trump but he's going to F something up (they all do) and you'll look stupid.

True words from a wise man.

Convention wisdom says trump will fvck up at some point, but convention wisdom said HRC would be president. We now have to rewrite the playbook on convention wisdom which should include a chapter of trump grabbing the world by the pu$$y and winning big.

I kid. Sorry liberal friends. I'll eat crow just like you in 2, 4 or 8 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 3

On 11/17/2016 at 5:42 PM, matmacwc said:

116% rise in health care exchange costs here in AZ.......way to go.

In fairness that is most likely due to the republican state leadership refusing to expand Medicare and trying and obstruct the ACA at every juncture. Other states like Washington have seen rates decrease. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Breckey said:

In fairness that is most likely due to the republican state leadership refusing to expand Medicare and trying and obstruct the ACA at every juncture. Other states like Washington have seen rates decrease. 

Right. First off, they're expanding Medicaid, not Medicare. Medicare is for old folks. Medicaid is for poor people. However, I digress. 

You do realize that the states bear a significant burden by expanding it, right? I can't tell you how many times I heard Democratic lawmakers in my state say "but it's free money". Bullshit, there's no such thing. The Federal Government pays 100% of the expansion for the first year and then it tapers off, putting significant costs on the state in the long run. Kentucky and Ohio are great examples, the poor bastards agreed to do it and budgeted the costs out to 2022. Then, miraculously their costs more than doubled. Illinois? Their Medicaid costs are now four times the original predictions. 

It's classic bait and switch, a year of costs covered for a lifetime of debts. In my state, thank God we had the sense to say "fvck off" and put that money in a rainy day fund. After the hurricane this year, that wisdom saved lives and homes. Literally.

Edited by Kiloalpha
profanity was removed, added it back
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Breckey said:

Dude, come on... That doesn't pass the bullshit litmus test. The politicians say, "Oh how wonderful, Obamacare gave healthcare to an additional 20M people that couldn't afford it!" How?! We're always talking about how healthcare workers are overworked and underpaid, resulting in less people joining the healthcare field which just exacerbates the issue... Did I miss something or did Obama literally pull a bunch of qualified healthcare workers that don't require sleep out of his ass?

If you live in the US and the phrase "government mandated healthcare" doesn't scare you, you've probably said the phrase "feel the Bern!" about a million times in the past year and/or cried on national television with a piece of duct tape covering your mouth that reads "silenced by the DNC"

Edited by tk1313
  • Upvote 5

15 hours ago, Kiloalpha said:

Right. First off, they're expanding Medicaid, not Medicare. Medicare is for old folks. Medicaid is for poor people. However, I digress. 

You do realize that the states bear a significant burden by expanding it, right? I can't tell you how many times I heard Democratic lawmakers in my state say "but it's free money". Bullshit, there's no such thing. The Federal Government pays 100% of the expansion for the first year and then it tapers off, putting significant costs on the state in the long run. Kentucky and Ohio are great examples, the poor bastards agreed to do it and budgeted the costs out to 2022. Then, miraculously their costs more than doubled. Illinois? Their Medicaid costs are now four times the original predictions. 

It's classic bait and switch, a year of costs covered for a lifetime of debts. In my state, thank God we had the sense to say "fvck off" and put that money in a rainy day fund. After the hurricane this year, that wisdom saved lives and homes. Literally.

I had to say that which is painfully obvious to a Demo-drone who could not grasp the fact that money doesn't actually grow on trees.  

Every health insurance policy that is government supplied or subsidized is a wealth transference device to some degree, I am not even saying that as a pejorative but just as a simple fact that libs can't / won't admit.

If that fact could come honestly into the public conversation (or what's left of it in the civic society wasteland) the other fact, that people who make less money will not have the same approximate lifestyle as someone who makes much more money, this even includes healthcare, regardless if it pisses libs off or not.

If you make 30k per year you won't have the same healthcare as someone who makes 300k per year, if we try to totally even out society in this area (and others) because we are uncomfortable with disparities in lifestyle, we'll wreck the place.  Ref:  USSR, Venezuela, NK, Cuba, etc...

Edited by Clark Griswold
  • Upvote 7

On 11/18/2016 at 7:49 PM, Breckey said:

I honestly don't know how anyone who has dealt with the Med Group thinks government-run health care is a step in the right direction.

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, Kiloalpha said:

I'm cautiously optimistic that between Trump and Mattis, a Purge may take place in the halls of Big Blue.

Nice try, Obama!

I'm a little less optimistic. It's going to be a long, hard road for anyone who wants to make changes to the current fvckery that is the political military. It's a disaster -- the Air Force knows it, the Navy knows it, the Army knows it, you know it, I know it (sorry had to counteract your Obama quote with a Trump quote)... 

Edited by tk1313
fvcking cursing
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, pawnman said:

I honestly don't know how anyone who has dealt with the Med Group thinks government-run health care is a step in the right direction.

Common sense, such a rare find in today's world. As an army brat, I concur. The "doctors" at our base were notorious for handing out athlete's foot cream for every ailment. It was so laughable that one day I had a cough and my buddy took out some Lotrimin and said "Dr. so-and-so says drink this and that cough will be gone in no time." I had to change my provider from a licensed doctor to a Nurse Practitioner who knew what the fvck she was doing... Kind of sad that Mrs. XXXXXX is noticably more compitent than Dr. XXXXXX. What a shitshow.

7 hours ago, Kiloalpha said:

Any opinions on the possible appointment of Mattis as SECDEF? 

There is at least a 1% chance mad dog will walk the pentagon halls with a fire hose just blasting weaklings out the windows.  Probably a 99% chance status quo is maintained.  But that 1% is highly attractive!  And no matter how it turns out, I doubt he'll spend energy on crafting the right tranny integration policy while we're losing wars everywhere, which is certainly how the past few years have looked.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, tac airlifter said:

There is at least a 1% chance mad dog will walk the pentagon halls with a fire hose just blasting weaklings out the windows.

Crap...there are no windows in the basement... but plenty of PowerPoint rangers that need a bath. 

ATIS