The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:54 AM, HuggyU2 said:

I doubt it. 

He is concerned about his legacy most of all, and a pardon for HRC will not help that legacy. 

My money is on pardon. Obama's base, the Clinton crowd, and the left-leaning media will support a pardon. Precedent was set by the Republicans with Ford/Nixon. 

Edited by Spoo

Irrelevant. The President can issue a preemptive blanket pardon which bars future prosecution for crimes previously committed, alleged or otherwise. Like I said, precedence has already been set, ref Ford/Nixon. There were no charges pending and no prosecution underway when Ford signed off on Nixon's pardon.

Edited by Spoo
  • Upvote 6

18 hours ago, Spoo said:

My money is on pardon. Obama's base, the Clinton crowd, and the left-leaning media will support a pardon. Precedent was set by the Republicans with Ford/Nixon. 

As an Obama fan, a Clinton voter, and a consumer of a fair amount of left-leaning media, I don't support a pardon and haven't heard anyone talking about a pardon other than conservatives.  FYI.

Edited by nsplayr

1 hour ago, nsplayr said:

As an Obama fan, a Clinton voter, and a consumer of a fair amount of eft-leaning media, I don't support a pardon and haven't heard anyone talking about a pardon other than conservatives.  FYI.

If a pardon actually is in the works, my bet is none of us will hear about it  until sometime on 20 January 2017. Right now it's a state secret.

Losing the WH is just the tip of the iceberg for the Democratic Party.

In 2009, Dems controlled the WH, the Senate, the House, 27 state legislatures, and 28 governorships.

Since then, they have lost the WH, the Senate, the House, and now control only 12 state legislatures and 13 governorships.

The Democratic message of the today doesn't resonate anywhere in America, outside of major cities and college campuses.  They have been lost in their world. They have focused on things like transgender bathrooms, race-baiting, cop-hating, and fretting over ocean levels.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, folks are trying to figure out how to get by with lower wages, higher food costs, skyrocketing healthcare costs, and a government that doesn't notice or care about them.  The only time they hear from a Democratic politician, they are told they are racist, sexist, homophobic, bigoted deplorables.

Dems have only themselves to blame for their electoral decimation. Obama came into office with more political capital and goodwill than any POTUS in modern history.  He and the Dems chose to spend it on an unpopular and failing healthcare plan, enflaming racial tensions and divide, and of course transgender bathrooms. The funny thing is they have no clue how out of touch they are.

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, Spoo said:

Irrelevant. The President can issue a preemptive blanket pardon which bars future prosecution for crimes previously committed, alleged or otherwise. Like I said, precedence has already been set, ref Ford/Nixon. There were no charges pending and no prosecution underway when Ford signed off on Nixon's pardon.

The rest of the story; Yep, the top dog (Nixon) received a pardon but this act of clemency didn't flow down the chain of command. In typical fashion, most of the Watergate co-conspirators/worker bees were hung out to dry without any hope of a pardon.  The Watergate 7 (none received a pardon); four of the seven were convicted, fined, and did jail time. One had charges dropped prior to trial, one had his conviction overturned on appeal, and one was acquitted at trial. Here's a few more that didn't receive a pardon for their Watergate involvement; These three were convicted and did jail time; Jeb Magruder, Dwight Chapin, and Ed Reinecke. Note; If history repeats itself then Hillary's staff may meet the same end.

Edited by waveshaper
  • Upvote 2

A pardon would help Trump as well, then he doesn't have to deal with it and the optics of a president going after the opponent would be terrible.

"The optics"...always hated that term. Not like I dislike "product" or "merchandise", as I have no real reason for those...

"The optics" always only seem to be an issue when a tough decision to do the right thing seems to be at stake. In my experience, this term has gone hand in hand with risk aversion and trying to find a reason to say no...this term is handy for making up a reason out of thin air.

That said...I agree with you.

Bendy

Sent from my iPad using Baseops Network Forums

16 hours ago, nsplayr said:

As an Obama fan, a Clinton voter, and a consumer of a fair amount of left-leaning media, I don't support a pardon and haven't heard anyone talking about a pardon other than conservatives.  FYI.

Sorry, I was referring to Democrats whose opinion may have some effect on the decision. To be clear, my statements were independent of my political beliefs; I merely disagree with Huggy. If a pardon becomes a realistic possibility, I believe political support for Obama would likely ease concerns for his legacy. Personally, I think you're naïve if you don't believe the administration isn't considering the possibility or consequences of pardoning HRC. The White House has insinuated as much. (ref: Politico Article)  FYI.

7 hours ago, nsplayr said:

As an Obama fan, a Clinton voter, and a consumer of a fair amount of left-leaning media...

If yall didn't know those facts from reading my posts on here over the years, I'd have to question the Wing's bonafides at collecting intelligence :beer:

"Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death..." 0 fvcks given

If yall didn't know those facts from reading my posts on here over the years, I'd have to question the Wing's bonafides at collecting intelligence :beer:

We knew, I guess we need some parity. But you will likely get lonely. And BTW, come pick up your clothing issue stuff-it's crowding up my office!

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums
  • Upvote 1

The Left, and media said the same things about Ronald Reagan when he became President.  They called him a dumb actor who had no experience.  What they didn't realize, was Like Trump, Reagan was a leader....

On 11/12/2016 at 11:18 AM, guineapigfury said:

I blame their parents; they raised this lot.  You get exactly what you tolerate.  Where are the news stories about dads showing up at college campuses to violently apply boot leather to hindquarters?

I still think the only reason I did so well in college is because I knew if my dad said "How's school going?!" and I said something to the effect of "Bro C's get degrees, don't worry they won't drop my full ride until my cumulative GPA is below a 3.5" he would break the land speed record, drag me to the middle of a 'safe-space', and beat my ass senseless in front of the "we don't spank our children" crowd during parent weekend...

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Vito said:

The Left, and media said the same things about Ronald Reagan when he became President.  They called him a dumb actor who had no experience.  What they didn't realize, was Like Trump, Reagan was a leader....

History always repeats itself. The Northeast press and intelligentsia said the same thing about Abraham Lincoln. Pinkerton men had to get him to D.C. in disguise so  southern sympathizer's would not assassinate him before he took the oath. He grew a beard.

How many of you have been unfriended on social media because of your pro Trump support by liberal long time friends?

Edited by Prosuper
grammer
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Vito said:

The difference is that those critiques were invalid in Reagan's case.  Reagan's last movie was about 15 years before his 1980 run.  In the meantime he served two terms as Governor of California.  He also served in the Army in WWII and was President of the Screen Actor's Guild.  Reagan was more than experienced by 1980.  Trump not so much.  Donald Trump has no government experience at all.  I don't know how that's going to go, but we're about to find out.

• Upvote 1

History always repeats itself. The Northeast press and intelligentsia said the same thing about Abraham Lincoln. Pinkerton men had to get him to D.C. in disguise so  southern sympathizer's would not assassinate him before he took the oath. He grew a beard.
How many of you have been unfriended on social media because of your pro Trump support by liberal long time friends?

My FB friend count is a net -3 after my 24 hour gloat session. That is not including my old HS prom date who full on banned me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 6