The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

2 hours ago, Seadogs said:

Now you're just being disingenuous. They voted that one down cause it is being combined with the TX case.

Again, you get things wrong.  It was denied, and Kelly is not in on the new complaint nor has he filed a brief in support of it.  Check here.

So, assuming that the Supreme Court overrides in only those listed states in the argument, and not the other states that Trump won that had the same type of "election changes."

What happens next?  Majority of people did not vote for Trump either in the popular vote, or in the places where they are contesting.  There has still be zero evidence of fraud to claw back a Trump win anywhere.  He's engaged in attempting to get legislatures to go against the will of the people that voted. 

Do you think the run-off in Georgia would go R if that were to happen?  I have extreme doubts.

Are we looking at a general strike and protests?  Are we back at riots?  Would the Congress even convene?  You couldn't ever get me to attend a protest for BLM, Abortion rights, gay rights, whatever.  I could see myself attending one where millions were disenfranchised through no fault of their own.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/22/22O155/163215/20201209144840609_2020-12-09 - Texas v. Pennsylvania - Amicus Brief of Missouri et al. - Final with Tables.pdf

Amici curiae are the States of Missouri, Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, and West Virginia. 1 Amici have several important interests in this case.

17 additional states joined the chat. 

On 12/8/2020 at 6:24 PM, Kiloalpha said:

Can’t wait to see how the Democrat staff/members characterize what happened in their version.

https://www.npr.org/sections/biden-transition-updates/2020/12/09/944751413/bidens-son-under-federal-investigation-for-tax-matter

In a statement released by the Biden-Harris transition team, Hunter Biden, the president-elect's son, said Wednesday he was recently informed he is under federal investigation over a tax matter.

"I learned yesterday for the first time that the U.S. Attorney's Office in Delaware advised my legal counsel, also yesterday, that they are investigating my tax affairs," the statement from the younger Biden said. "I take this matter very seriously but I am confident that a professional and objective review of these matters will demonstrate that I handled my affairs legally and appropriately, including with the benefit of professional tax advisors."

Also CNN 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/09/politics/hunter-biden-tax-investigtation/index.html

(CNN)After going quiet in the months before the election, federal authorities are now actively investigating the business dealings of Hunter Biden, a person with knowledge of the probe said.

Edited by Sim

9 hours ago, Seadogs said:

Now you're just being disingenuous. They voted that one down cause it is being combined with the TX case. 

Take your head out of your ass man.

You mean the TX AG suing to stop certifications in other states that aren't Texas? Curious to see how bad that'll be dismissed due to lack of standing.

14 hours ago, Sim said:

The lawsuit reads very similar to many Jim Crow laws. They shouldn’t be able to vote my mail because I don’t like who they voted for!! It’s funny to see the disenfranchisers say that they are the disenfranchised.

3000 people died yesterday. Nothing, right? People voted by mail to try to stop that from happening. And, in the end, bipartisan councils in the vast majority of states agreed that 2020 was the most secure election in history.

Maybe you think it’s cool that “I will die to stop the steal” is trending on Twitter. I think it’s sad.

4 hours ago, Sim said:

Would getting a foot-job by Natalie Biden (14 year old) cover that requirement? That "footage" has been leaked on the internet by the Chinese guy.  

Have you watched this "footage?"  What's the FBI going to go for...taxes, or CP?

Remember when the news outlets dutifully ignored the story about Donald Trump and some Russian hookers engaging in piss-play in a hotel? 

I don't believe the election was "stolen." But Victor Davis Hanson puts it best when he explains how it was "rigged" through a concerted effort to suppress negative information about Joe Biden. If you have an hour, this is a great look into the pro-Trump perspective. If you don't have the time, watch from 4:45 - 8:15. 

Do I think it means the SCOTUS saves the day? No. The media problem isn't something the government can solve. But everyone laughing and scorning the Trump team for making bold claims in public that never materialize in court sure seem to be forgetting the Adam Schiff (D) show on CNN for several years assuring us that Donald Trump was a Russian puppet, and using his position on the Intelligence Committee as standing to back up the claim. Yet nothing was every taken to court. There is no honest way to argue that the same standard has been used on Joe Biden as has been used on Donald Trump. That hypocrisy is very, very visible to conservatives. And whenever (D) voters get into a conversation with (R) voters, there is a general refusal to admit the clearly obvious difference in treatment between the two. And when that is pointed out, inevitably it's some variation of but Donald Trump is so much more offensive. He cheats on his wives! His businesses fail! His kids are only doing well because of Daddy! But to say these things in such a manner completely ignores the reality of politics.

Bill Clinton was getting his dick sucked by a 22 year old in the oval office, while very much married. Kennedy was flying 19 year-olds around the world for drug-fueled orgies, also married. Sanford, Gingrich, and plenty of other republicans too. John Edwards had a love child while his wife was dying of cancer. Hillary Clinton literally ran a server in a bathroom that she had destroyed when it was discovered. Then lied about having the emails from the server. These people are monsters.

And going back before Trump, George Bush, by every account a decent man, was called a Nazi. Mitt Romney was maybe the most charitable politician in history, and he too was smeared as an evil monster. And don't even get me started on Brett Kavanaugh. 

So is Trump a horrible person? Yup. But not one fucking percent more horrible than the parade of Democrats and Republicans who hate him so furiously. And now Joe Biden is getting a pass for his kid clearly and obviously using the family name for profit, and kids are off limits? Didn't seem so for the Trump kids. And when evidence (yes, first hand testimony is evidence) comes out that Joe Biden was aware, well that's just one guy saying some stuff. If photos of Tiffany Trump snorting coke while she worked for a Russian company making $50k/month in an industry where she had zero experience or skill were to make it public, the whole world would erupt, and we all know it. 

I wish both side would be more honest about their candidates and their beliefs. But we're human, we don't like to admit any shortcomings of our own team. I'm just as tired of my god-fearing Christian airline captains acting like Trump is a good man as I am of democrats or centrists pretending like their preferred politicians are somehow less corrupt or less dishonest than Trump. Bullshit. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11

I'm shocked that the party of personal responsibility refuses to accept personal responsibility for running a shitty campaign that only pandered to his base, and did nothing to win over the moderate US.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/23/us/politics/biden-inquiry-republicans-johnson.html

It's almost as if years of yelling "Benghazi" and "Buttery males" desensitized the media to your ridiculous claims, and now require you to actually produce proof of wrongdoing.  Does it get tiring playing the victim?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, drewpey said:

I'm shocked that the party of personal responsibility refuses to accept personal responsibility for running a shitty campaign that only pandered to his base, and did nothing to win over the moderate US.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/23/us/politics/biden-inquiry-republicans-johnson.html

It's almost as if years of yelling "Benghazi" and "Buttery males" desensitized the media to your ridiculous claims, and now require you to actually produce proof of wrongdoing.  Does it get tiring playing the victim?

Probably not any more nauseating than years of hearing that Russian collusion is the only way Hillary lost and Donnie is a Russian agent...vice her lackluster campaign strategy of “I’m not Trump.”

1 hour ago, Lord Ratner said:

Do I think it means the SCOTUS saves the day? No. The media problem isn't something the government can solve. But everyone laughing and scorning the Trump team for making bold claims in public that never materialize in court sure seem to be forgetting the Adam Schiff (D) show on CNN for several years assuring us that Donald Trump was a Russian puppet, and using his position on the Intelligence Committee as standing to back up the claim. Yet nothing was every taken to court. There is no honest way to argue that the same standard has been used on Joe Biden as has been used on Donald Trump. That hypocrisy is very, very visible to conservatives. And whenever (D) voters get into a conversation with (R) voters, there is a general refusal to admit the clearly obvious difference in treatment between the two. And when that is pointed out, inevitably it's some variation of but Donald Trump is so much more offensive. He cheats on his wives! His businesses fail! His kids are only doing well because of Daddy! But to say these things in such a manner completely ignores the reality of politics.

Bill Clinton was getting his dick sucked by a 22 year old in the oval office, while very much married. Kennedy was flying 19 year-olds around the world for drug-fueled orgies, also married. Sanford, Gingrich, and plenty of other republicans too. John Edwards had a love child while his wife was dying of cancer. Hillary Clinton literally ran a server in a bathroom that she had destroyed when it was discovered. Then lied about having the emails from the server. These people are monsters.

And going back before Trump, George Bush, by every account a decent man, was called a Nazi. Mitt Romney was maybe the most charitable politician in history, and he too was smeared as an evil monster. And don't even get me started on Brett Kavanaugh. 

So is Trump a horrible person? Yup. But not one fucking percent more horrible than the parade of Democrats and Republicans who hate him so furiously.

Concur on most of this, and the stuff I don't I would probably consider a matter of degrees of difference.

And now Joe Biden is getting a pass for his kid clearly and obviously using the family name for profit, and kids are off limits? Didn't seem so for the Trump kids. And when evidence (yes, first hand testimony is evidence) comes out that Joe Biden was aware, well that's just one guy saying some stuff. If photos of Tiffany Trump snorting coke while she worked for a Russian company making $50k/month in an industry where she had zero experience or skill were to make it public, the whole world would erupt, and we all know it.

Here's where I don't agree.  "The media" hasn't gone after Barron, or the other kids who aren't in a political office.  As a Dad who's literally looking down the future of a son who's not on a right path no matter what I do, I also don't think we hold the Father for the crimes of the son, even if the name was invoked for dirty dealings.  My son's said shit to me that I thought sounded ok...found out after it wasn't.  I wouldn't do that for Don Jr, an I won't do it for Hunter.    I think that the appointment of Trumps kids to political office was reprehensible and should be outlawed by the Legislature in the next session. 

But again, when the kids are appointed to political positions...fair game.

53 minutes ago, Homestar said:

Russian collusion is to 2016

https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/29/breaking-russia-believed-clinton-was-planning-anti-trump-collusion-campaign-in-2016-and-u-s-officials-knew-it/

In a letter provided on Tuesday afternoon to Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., who chairs the Senate Judiciary Committee, Ratcliffe wrote that Russian intelligence officials knew about Clinton’s plan to “stir up a scandal” against Trump by “tying him to Putin and the Russians’ hacking of the Democratic National Committee.”

“In late July 2016, U.S. intelligence agencies obtained insight into Russian intelligence analysis alleging that U.S. Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton had approved a campaign plan to stir up a scandal against U.S. Presidential candidate Donald Trump by tying him to Putin,” Ratcliffe wrote in his summary of U.S. intelligence findings.

Clinton pushed pee-pee scandal with Obama, CIA and FBI awareness. But I'm sure you knew that...right? 

16 hours ago, 17D_guy said:

Here's where I don't agree.  "The media" hasn't gone after Barron, or the other kids who aren't in a political office.  As a Dad who's literally looking down the future of a son who's not on a right path no matter what I do, I also don't think we hold the Father for the crimes of the son, even if the name was invoked for dirty dealings.  My son's said shit to me that I thought sounded ok...found out after it wasn't.  I wouldn't do that for Don Jr, an I won't do it for Hunter.    I think that the appointment of Trumps kids to political office was reprehensible and should be outlawed by the Legislature in the next session. 

But again, when the kids are appointed to political positions...fair game.

I get what you're saying, but the difference is, you're a nobody. Not a slam. I'm nobody too. But Both Obama's and Biden's staff were aware and concerned about what Hunter was doing. That doesn't make it Joe's fault, but are we going to pretend he didn't know, as he claims? Nonsense. He's unfit. So is Trump.

So with two unfit people running, one traditionally unfit (corrupt to the ears, but maintains an outward appearance of propriety) and one untraditionally unfit (morally bankrupt, yet proudly and loudly so). So I go for the policy. There are a lot of voters like me. Dislike Trump, like the policy. 

And there are a lot more people like the MAGA crowds, who don't know policy, they just see the huge contradictions in reality. Ben Shapiro's podcast from yesterday is a near-perfect encapsulation of the massive double standard that the less-knowledgeable conservatives, such as my father, can see clearly. 

Edited by Lord Ratner
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

131275169_10218180150719538_3121718083459593648_o.jpg

Not only did they conspire to steal the edition by creating millions of votes out of thin air but they convinced the most conservative Court in a generation to go along with it unanimously. How deep does the rabbit hole go, Q?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Homestar said:

Not only did they conspire to steal the edition by creating millions of votes out of thin air but they convinced the most conservative Court in a generation to go along with it unanimously. How deep does the rabbit hole go, Q?

Looks like Parler is dealing well with the SCOTUS ruling.

62D4BB0B-E467-43A1-B7EF-EDF0FD308AA8.jpeg

9FCA2494-FDDC-4155-A71D-3EF68E153DD7.jpeg

• Downvote 1