If you posted something on 21 Feb 21, it likely didn't stick during the server migration. -DFRESH ×

1 hour ago, Waingro said:

Pfizer was never part of warp speed. 

Pfizer was in direct competition with every pharmaceutical company looking to be the first to market with a safe vaccine.Whoever gets there first “wins”; they will make billions. Even if they didn’t take a penny, they were racing against those that did.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Want to slash American carbon?  Build nuclear power plants.  

When MSNBC announced Trump's win in Iowa, there was an audible grunt from Rachel Madow. By the sound of it, she apparently sat on her sack wrong. Happens to the best of us.

Found this entertaining Because screw that bitch and her "it's my turn" mentality. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Sim said:

I just watched that video and that's not really what he is saying.

Trust me, I would love to jump at the chance to trash Cuomo and his complete idiocy, but he's talking about Trump's vaccine roll out plan and not that the vaccine itself is bad news and that they are going to try and stop the vaccine. This definitely falls under a sensationalist and slightly fake news tweet.

Even at the end he discusses working with other governors to find ways they can tweak Trump's roll out plan and not stop the vaccine from getting to their populations. Of course the TDS still runs deep in Cuomo so maybe that's where him and the other governors will end up if they can't work to tweak Trump's plan, but that was not what I got from the video right now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, jrizzell said:

Pfizer was in direct competition with every pharmaceutical company looking to be the first to market with a safe vaccine.Whoever gets there first “wins”; they will make billions. Even if they didn’t take a penny, they were racing against those that did.

So, if you don’t take the money, are you legally bound to be in the program?

Edited by Sua Sponte
7 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

So, if you don’t take the money, are you legally bound to be in the program?

I don’t know, nor is it important. The only thing  pharmaceutical companies care about is money. And getting their vaccine distributed global, first, is all that matters. OWS created an environment of accelerated development, which they were directly part of.

To go back to something quickly from over the weekend.  I've thought more about it.  AOC's list of Trump supporters, IMHO, is wrong.  I think it returns to a dark time in our Nation's past.  Shows her immaturity, and I hope she's able to grow up a little.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
13 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Who did?

To claim that anyone's response can be graded thus far is premature. Europe is falling apart again. His response can't be bad if none of them were good. 

As with most things, if he could just keep his mouth shut and act like a president, his response wouldn't be discernable from any other

New Zealand has done pretty well. 

Cognitive dissonance much? I linked warp speed plan with that company on it. it was part of the plan. If that plan changed, that doesn't make it that it wasn't part of the plan. 

I think that's an important difference. Saying that you put out a bid/competition to a pool of companies that potentially included Pfizer is very different than saying that Pfizer had taken on contractual obligations to develop a vaccine on America's behalf. I believe they saw the undertaking as a future golden cash cow and didn't want any control of their IP or parents tied to US oversight.

Any other Pres gone through this many SecDef's in so short a time?  New guy probably not going to get confirmed, so not sure if he should count.  Looks like any other Pres that went through so many did it over 8 years.

Wikipedia's got a nice color-code for acting/confirmed.  Pres. Trump's time looks starkly different to the rest, which is interesting.

2 hours ago, slackline said:

To go back to something quickly from over the weekend.  I've thought more about it.  AOC's list of Trump supporters, IMHO, is wrong.  I think it returns to a dark time in our Nation's past.  Shows her immaturity, and I hope she's able to grow up a little.

She's not going to. She's the embodiment of a Useful Idiot.

• Upvote 5
8 minutes ago, Lord Ratner said:

Precisely. There is effectively no comparison between the two countries, yet somehow we think the leadership is the reason for the disparities? 

That's like comparing NYC to Catalina island. 

Australia then.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, 17D_guy said:

Australia then.

3.2 people/km² - Australia

36 people/km² - USA

Melbourne - 500 people/km² (20,700± in Inner Melbourne, 15km² of dense area)

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/australia-population-density-fastest-growing-regions-2019-3

NYC - 10,600 people/km² (28,000-38,000 in Manhattan, 783 km² of dense area)

We have about double the number of Chinese visitors as Australia. They are an island. We have 13 times the population.

And it looks like their plan, as many do, on a vaccine that it looks like the US will be responsible for.

Trump's failure was allowing doctors to act as policy makers. But the opposition has staked their entire argument on trusting the science and listening to the doctors, so by their own words they would have made that mistake in even more spectacular fashion.

But the real point is, perhaps Australia will have done better, even if you control for the innumerable differences in demographics. Surely someone will emerge the winner. But we're not going to know that for at least a year, once the virus has had a chance to run its course.

How did WI and MI get 90+% voter turn out, and 100+% turnout in the blue counties? 

Why are votes being subtracted on CNN? 

Is this video doctored? Why would votes ever be decremented? Any good explanations? 

Edited by Seadogs
1 hour ago, Seadogs said:

How did WI and MI get 90+% voter turn out, and 100+% turnout in the blue counties? 

From a post I made earlier:

Same day voter registration is the missing factor for the higher number of votes than the number of registered voters on 1 Nov. From the fivethirtyeight blog:

To give you an idea of how much same-day registration can change things, let’s look at the impact in North Carolina in 2016, as recorded in a report by the Southern Coalition for Social Justice. In that election, more than 100,000 voters registered at the same time they voted. Now, North Carolina does this a little differently than other states with same-day registration in that it only applies to early voting, not on Election Day proper. But you can see how it could easily make a big change in voter registration numbers. What’s more, at least in North Carolina, same-day registration doesn’t seem to be disproportionately used by one party or the other. In 2016, 35 percent of SDR users were Democrats, 34 percent were Republicans and 30 percent were unaffiliated. 

6 minutes ago, Breckey said:

From a post I made earlier:

The BBC refutes your "Social Justice" source. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-37243190

Watch the turnout figures ‒ they can be a big giveaway.

You never get a 98% or 99% turnout in an honest election. You just don't.

Voting is compulsory in Gabon, but it is not enforced; even in Australia where it is enforced, where you can vote by post or online and can be fined for not voting, turnout only reaches 90-95%.

The main reason that a full turnout is practically impossible is that electoral registers, even if they are recently compiled, can rarely be 100% up-to-date.

This is looking like a 3rd world country election with Democrats offering sizable resistance. 

This fight is far from over. We need questions answered about "software" called hammer and scorecard. Thousands are coming out with affidavits about fraud. USPS postal workers coming out under oath saying there was widespread fraud in MI and PA. 

How can anyone even think this is over yet? Legacy media does NOT have the authority to call elections. PA votes will likely not be certified at this rate. GA and MI headed that way and possibly WI, especially with their majority of Republican state legislatures. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Seadogs said:

Benford's law. Not to be used as a single source of evidence but a starting point. There is something wrong with the vote counts. "The data is manipulated."

Biden got it brother.  Good on him.  Shananigans? Maybe. There's always voter shananigans.  Biden got it.  And you know what, don't take me out back and beat the shit out of me, but I didn't want to hear anymore Trump.  Shut the up and be glad the Republicans kept the Senate.  That's huge.  We're ok with Biden.  Look forward.  I understand your enthusiasm, but politics take time.  A long time. We're good.

He fucking lost guys.  Get over it.  Your tin foil hat schtick is embarrassing and, frankly, worrisome in that you guys probably hold security clearances.

The GOP held the Senate.  President Trump outperformed himself with virtually all minority groups compared to 2016. The Democrats lost a dozen House seats when they were supposed to gain a dozen.  The squad scared off a lot of independents.  From a strictly partisan point of view there is much to be satisfied with if you are a Republican.  But the President got his ass handed to him by a larger margin than he won 4 years ago.  The networks called it, as they do every year, when the states report a sufficient number of ballots.  IT IS OVER.  

This would be a great time for the POTUS to show some grace, class, humility, integrity, and leadership.

While we are waiting for that, here is a textbook example:

Edited by HercDude
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Also make sure everyone knows your Parler username so you can trade voting conspiracy theories, what about Hillary's emails, Obama's birth certificate forgeries, how Biden's the worst person on the planet cause he's a career politician (even though McConnell has served three months less in the Senate compared to Biden, almost 36 years).

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1