The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

On 3/26/2021 at 8:57 PM, Pooter said:

Mainly the invasion of the capitol and the complete undermining of our election system. Do you need more than that?

We can go chicken vs egg all day long on whether Democrats or Republicans ruined elections first, but trump certainly didn't help anything. As it became clearer and clearer he was going to lose, trump became more erratic and irresponsible. And it culminated in probably the most shameful moment for America in my lifetime. 

Slavery, Jim Crow, Japanese internment, losing the Vietnam war, the Iraq war...and this is what you chose as the most shameful? 

On 3/31/2021 at 9:19 PM, dream big said:

Slavery, Jim Crow, Japanese internment, losing the Vietnam war, the Iraq war...and this is what you chose as the most shameful? 

I'm not getting in some dumb semantic argument about what's the worst thing the US has ever done.

The bottom line here is that delusional political extremists were actively encouraged by lies from the sitting president and stormed the capitol. And that is a very bad thing.  I don't know where it places on the ultimate scale of national shame but it's the worst thing I've seen since I've been paying attention to politics. 

Almost as concerning is the sheer number of non-extremist republicans who continued on the trump bandwagon as he devolved into increasingly desperate political lies and tantrums. It shows how few Americans have actual principles and how many want to just pick a team and root for that team at all costs. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Guardian said:

As concerning as the billion plus dollars worth of damage and destruction that happened with the Democrat supported mobs in the summer of 2020?

More concerning? Less concerning? As concerning?

“I hope these riots continue”

Now sitting Vice President Kamala Harris. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Didn’t she bail out rioters? Not saying she did or didn’t say the above. But actions speak louder than words.

No idea but a 2 second google search before you attribute quotes to folks is pretty simple.  Not pro harris in any way.  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, uhhello said:

No idea but a 2 second google search before you attribute quotes to folks is pretty simple.  Not pro harris in any way.  

Oh, hell no.

"Very fine people on both sides" never existed in reality, yet it became a weapon for four years.  Same for "I can see Russia from my front porch."

So, she said it.  True or not.

And she did raise money to bail out rioters.  Actions being even louder than non-existent words.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, brickhistory said:

Oh, hell no.

"Very fine people on both sides" never existed in reality, yet it became a weapon for four years.  Same for "I can see Russia from my front porch."

So, she said it.  True or not.

And she did raise money to bail out rioters.  Actions being even louder than non-existent words.

Except she didn't say it.  

Please enlighten me on the point of of someone attributing a quote to someone who didn't say it.  I thought it was pretty simple.  

For the entire 4 years of the Trump presidency has critics and talk head representatives on any number of press sources have attributed statements directly to the president that didn’t happen or were taken completely out of context to construct false statements. Nobody in their camps complained or called them on it.

Guess what, the bar was permanent lowered. You can blame the lack of editorial integrity by the press when permitting false statements selectively to align with their greater political narrative. They had no problem bold face stoping or interrupting the office of the Executive often rudely to “correct the record.” So it’s obviously got nothing to do with attempting to maintain an honest record as the 4th estate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Lawman said:

For the entire 4 years of the Trump presidency has critics and talk head representatives on any number of press sources have attributed statements directly to the president that didn’t happen or were taken completely out of context to construct false statements. Nobody in their camps complained or called them on it.

Guess what, the bar was permanent lowered. You can blame the lack of editorial integrity by the press when permitting false statements selectively to align with their greater political narrative. They had no problem bold face stoping or interrupting the office of the Executive often rudely to “correct the record.” So it’s obviously got nothing to do with attempting to maintain an honest record as the 4th estate.

So, what has happened to presidents since online media has been a thing? Copy.

On 4/4/2021 at 1:44 PM, Lawman said:

You could substitute "8" for "4" as well as "Obama" for "Trump" and the statement would be equally accurate.  Both the right mainstream media and left mainstream media do it and we're all worse off as a result.  

Edited by Swamp Yankee
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, Swamp Yankee said:

You could substitute "8" for "4" as well as "Obama" for "Trump" and the statement would be equally accurate.  Both the right mainstream media and left mainstream media do it and we're all worse off as a result.  

If you think the treatment of President Trump and President Obama by the press were similar you are completely delusional. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

On 4/5/2021 at 1:42 PM, Swamp Yankee said:

Complete and utter malarkey.

ONE mainstream network went after Obama, Foxnews, some of it unwarranted Political tripe, some of it valid.  Meanwhile ALL of the remaining mainstream networks supported Obama.

The mainstream anti-Trump anti-GOP theme continues.   Look no further than the Ga Voter law controversy.  The WASHPO gives Biden four Pinocchios but the rest of the press pushes on as if it is absolute fact, furthering the cancel culture march.  To be clear, the law ADDED early voting days, still allows food and water in lines, just without party branding, and is less restrictive than current laws in New York State.  Even with those facts CNN and MSNBC run speeches with Chuck Schumer screaming about racism and telling corporations to boycott Georgia.  Meanwhile google and Delta airlines sign partnership deals with that great human rights advocate...CHINA, and the mainstream press says NOTHING.

Another wonderful example...the 60 minutes hit piece on DeSantis Sunday night.  60 minutes used to be a bastion of investigative reporting...finding real corruption, now they purposely edit to invent a pay for play controversy.  The FACTS are 180 out from what 60 minutes says.  It was a democrat that made the decision to use Publix.  While the closest Publix to some of the areas was indeed 30 minutes away...there were two state vaccination sites ONE mile away.  Shame on 60 minutes and shame on you for a complete lack of intellectual honesty.

If both it happens to both sides why hasn't New York based 60 Minutes dedicated even one second of air time to the Cuomo controversy?  Falsified nursing home deaths, Toxic/sexist work environment with eight accusers, sending state representatives to his mother's house and his brothers house to test them, using state workers to edit and work on his personal book....nothing to see here right?  Not a fucking word by 60 minutes.

And why haven't the gun hating networks like MSNBC and CNN said a word about Hunter and his gun.  They support a federal background check if I want to give my 13 year old son a .22 that has been in the family for 100 years but Hunter can lie on his background check (a FELONY), acquire the gun, then toss it in the trash and the Secret Service cleans it up, no charges...all without the press saying a word.

The mainstream press is absolutely complicit with the DNC.  Look at the softball interview with Hunter now that he is releasing a book.  "Well the laptop may be mine, I don't know."  How about you do some real journalism and read the emails to him and get him to deny on camera.  All the while the mainstream network and the tech oligarchs crushed the story during the election...and now we know it was TRUE!

The mainstream media is dead in this country and  I am happy to acknowledge that FoxNews is in lock step with the GOP but EVERY other mainstream network is a political arm of the DNC.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 16

A great example of media partisanship is this MLB debacle.  Since the media LIED about the new Georgia law and Biden LIED about the new Georgia law, MLB (whose commissioner has a membership at Augusta) are moving the All Star game from 51% minority Atlanta to 76% white Denver which happens to be in a state that REQUIRES voter ID and all of this is costing the city of Atlanta a cool $100 million dollars. Absolutely stupid woke morons.