The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

45 minutes ago, M2 said:

A Fucking MEN!

Liberal media needs a reason to NOT report on Cuomo so they focus on Ted going on vacation.  You want to talk about lies...thankfully DOJ and the FBI are investigating the joke that is the NY Governor and his staff.  Over at the joke that is CNN Brother Fredo Cuomo has been absolutely silent about a controversy that may have caused 1,000 unnecessary deaths.  

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

A Fucking MEN!

Liberal media needs a reason to NOT report on Cuomo so they focus on Ted going on vacation.  You want to talk about lies...thankfully DOJ and the FBI are investigating the joke that is the NY Governor and his staff.  Over at the joke that is CNN Brother Fredo Cuomo has been absolutely silent about a controversy that may have caused 1,000 unnecessary deaths.  

image.gif.6eba85d90d601ab8b70cdac7009e167c.gif

image.gif.e22486299d5ca70dc39da3191bf3c2eb.gif

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

A ing MEN!

The liberal mainstream media largely excused Cuomo and the conservative mainstream media largely excused Cruz. I'm not saying their sins are equally mortal but those are the immediate examples.  

We've got two sides of the mainstream media now with roughly equal viewer/reader/listenerships.  Conflating mainstream media with liberal is passe.  That might be a good thing although the two sides are getting further apart.   They want us to choose R or D and obediently stay in our little boxes. 

Edited by Swamp Yankee
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Swamp Yankee said:

The liberal mainstream media largely excused Cuomo and the conservative mainstream media largely excused Cruz. I'm not saying their sins are equally mortal but those are the immediate examples.  

We've got two sides of the mainstream media now with roughly equal viewer/reader/listenerships.  Conflating mainstream media with liberal is passe.  That might be a good thing although the two sides are getting further apart.   They want us to choose R or D and obediently stay in our little boxes. 

The sins are not even in the universe.  Ted Cruz went on vacation during a snow and ice storm.  As a senator not much he could do more than symbolic gestures.  Optics bad, yes but he didn't kill anyone.  Cuomo is DIRECTLY responsible for many deaths, withheld information from the Justice Department and lied about.  Come on man.

When dividing the "sides" of the media at least be relative and honest.  On the conservative side of televised media you have one player FoxNews (although newsmax is growing an audience).  On the liberal side is the VAST majority of CNN/MCNBC/CBS/ABC/NBC.  It is David versus Goliath which is why Foxnews gets higher ratings than all of the left wingnut networks combined.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Swamp Yankee said:

This actually isnt' true. At least FOX, I know for sure, was all over Cruz for several days and even ran a side by side headline heavily critical over Cruz and Cuomo both on their main website. 

The conflict of interest with the Cuomo family at CNN is certainly concerning to its reporting though. 

• Upvote 1

Still not sure why it's news that Cruz went to Mexico? Who cares?  What was he going to do to make TX warmer and get power back?

This is no different than Trump/Obama golfing all the time.  I can do my job from the links so long as I have reception.  Its  just the optics.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, ecugringo said:

Still not sure why it's news that Cruz went to Mexico? Who cares?  What was he going to do to make TX warmer and get power back?

This is no different than Trump/Obama golfing all the time.  I can do my job from the links so long as I have reception.  Its  just the optics.

Because the news of Cruz going to Mexico covers up the Cuomo COVID nursing home fiasco in NYC on CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, etc...  

As long as they keep talking about how bad Cruz and the GOP are, most people who really don’t follow current events will forget about Cuomo.  

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, Tank said:

Because the news of Cruz going to Mexico covers up the Cuomo COVID nursing home fiasco in NYC on CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, etc...  

As long as they keep talking about how bad Cruz and the GOP are, most people who really don’t follow current events will forget about Cuomo.  

The only reason Cuomo is in the news at all is because competing progressives (DeBlasio, mainly) smell blood and want his job.

On 2/20/2021 at 2:05 PM, FLEA said:

This actually isnt' true. At least FOX, I know for sure, was all over Cruz for several days and even ran a side by side headline heavily critical over Cruz and Cuomo both on their main website. 

The conflict of interest with the Cuomo family at CNN is certainly concerning to its reporting though. 

Definitely conflict of interest at CNN (duh).  However, the NY Times, NPR, Wash Post, and networks for what that's worth have hammered Cuomo pretty hard. 

On 2/20/2021 at 1:58 PM, ClearedHot said:

The sins are not even in the universe.  Ted Cruz went on vacation during a snow and ice storm.  As a senator not much he could do more than symbolic gestures.  Optics bad, yes but he didn't kill anyone.  Cuomo is DIRECTLY responsible for many deaths, withheld information from the Justice Department and lied about.  Come on man.

When dividing the "sides" of the media at least be relative and honest.  On the conservative side of televised media you have one player FoxNews (although newsmax is growing an audience).  On the liberal side is the VAST majority of CNN/MCNBC/CBS/ABC/NBC.  It is David versus Goliath which is why Foxnews gets higher ratings than all of the left wingnut networks combined.

There are also a large number of additional conservative outlets available: OAN, Newsmax, Blaze, WSJ editorial, Rebel News WorldNetDaily, and of course much of talk radio.  Listener/reader/viewership is another matter; but that's up to each outlet - if they suck at their job less people will partake.  However, the outlets exist for consumers to consume.  

Edited by Swamp Yankee

NY AG Letitia James mulling request for probe of Gov. Cuomo over sex harass claim

And of course the mess of a mayor that is Deblasio wants the spotlight off him and is willing to throw Cuomo under the bus bus in the process.

NYC Mayor Calls for ‘Full and Independent Investigation' Into Allegations Against Cuomo

I've said it several times, I do not like Trump but I voted for him to prevent what you will see below.  How anyone who voted for Biden can watch this without throwing something at the screen is beyond me.  Giving three year olds drugs to change their sex...you are truly some sick fucks.

• Upvote 4

We have age requirements for drinking, voting, signing contracts, etc. In recognition of the lack of decision making skills that might prevent you from doing something stupid. Sex change or hormone treatments? No worries. A 4 year old or hormonally challenged adolescent going through puberty has the rational mental capacity to judge a life altering decision.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

I've said it several times, I do not like Trump but I voted for him to prevent what you will see below.  How anyone who voted for Biden can watch this without throwing something at the screen is beyond me.  Giving three year olds drugs to change their sex...you are truly some sick fucks.

Just as you voted for Trump who espoused ideas and policies you disagree with, so too can Biden voters vote for Biden and not agree with all his positions. One does not become more righteous than another. 

25 minutes ago, Homestar said:

Just as you voted for Trump who espoused ideas and policies you disagree with, so too can Biden voters vote for Biden and not agree with all his positions. One does not become more righteous than another. 

Really dude?  The left has made the argument that if you voted for Trump then you’re lockstep with what Trump believes, etc.  Hell, the left is still trying to make that argument!  Let me know if you need examples...

By the way, how are those “cages” (or detention holding facilities?) that Biden is forcing children into?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TreeA10 said:

We have age requirements for drinking, voting, signing contracts, etc. In recognition of the lack of decision making skills that might prevent you from doing something stupid. Sex change or hormone treatments? No worries. A 4 year old or hormonally challenged adolescent going through puberty has the rational mental capacity to judge a life altering decision.

These same people argue that 18-year-old high school graduates don't know what they're signing up for when they take on student loans.

3 hours ago, Homestar said:

Trump said some fucked up shit...making fun of John McCain and servicemen who were not captured being horrible, but when it comes to three year olds being mutilated and partial birth abortion (and I am pro-choice), you let your hate of the orange man trump any sense of righteousness.  Sickening.

1 minute ago, ClearedHot said:

hate of the orange man

I'm a Never Trumper, but have never been an Orange Man Bad-er.  There's a difference I believe.

Also, this is a hot-button culture war topic that isn't representative of all of Biden's policies, just as children in cages wasn't a representation of all of Trump policy. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Homestar said:

I'm a Never Trumper, but have never been an Orange Man Bad-er.  There's a difference I believe.

Also, this is a hot-button culture war topic that isn't representative of all of Biden's policies, just as children in cages wasn't a representation of all of Trump policy. 

Kids in cages was started by OBAMA.

• Upvote 2