The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

11 hours ago, slackline said:

Ok, I guess you think you got me?  He's been president for what, 2.69 days, I can't believe he hasn't fixed the decades of partisanship already!  I think you may be forgetting the 8 years of blaming Obama for every bad thing that happened.  Stop being a sore loser for long enough to realize that during Trump's presidency Democrats didn't invent blaming the president for crap that went wrong. 

Not much of a fake bait there hoss, the statement you made falls in line with 90% of the statements made by every Trump apologist on this forum.  This was the first election I've ever voted for a democratic candidate of any flavor. Thank the bang up job done by the QAnon savior for driving enough people like me away to lose him the election. 

I feel like you guys all band together at these pseudo zingers and upvote/like each other's posts that slam the supposed liberals.  #notsurewhywearehashtaggingthis

When did I say Biden should fix decades of partisanship in a few days?  I said he ran on a platform of unity...he promised to heal America...his inauguration was again about unity.  His actions so far are 180 of from what he said/promised.  To the winner go the spoils so if he wants to sign 37 executive actions reversing Trump policies so be it, but be HONEST...that is not about unity.  He has not taken a single action in the lead up to taking office or in his first few days of executive orders.  They are in such a rush to wipe Trump off the map they Biden's wonks reversed an executive order that was meant almost solely to keep the price of insulin down.

Trump is gone...he is irrelevant now.  If he tries to start a third party it will simply lock the DNC in power for eternity yet they want to pursue him with impeachment because they want revenge.  Biden could end it right now and start the "healing" but he has no backbone and won't even state an opinion.  Be a freaking leader, stand up to Pelosi and stop the impeachment...calm the Trumpsters and focus on fixing the broken shit TOGETHER, why is that so hard to understand?

The last thing I am is a Trump apologist.  Things he said and did were abhorrent, he actually lost me when he made the comments about John McCain being a POW and he preferred men who were not shot down.  Other statements were equally appalling but sadly in our two party system we are left with choosing the lesser of two evils and when I stacked up the issues four years ago Trump and his policies were the clear choice.  I did not want to vote for him this election, but knowing the history of Biden and even more frightening, Harris...there was no way in hell I was going to vote to put the most liberal person in the sent in the Senate, in a chair that is one heartbeat from the Oval Office, have you ever read her statements and policies?   ESPECIALLY concerning when Biden is in the mental condition I believe him to in...he will not make four years.  He very clearly has the early signs of dementia and it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Here is the thing that bothers me the most.  You said "you guys all band together...and upvote each other's posts."  That has been the problem the last four years with the mainstream press.  No President has ever had so much bad press.  See the graphic below.  From DAY ONE the mainstream press which is mostly liberal went into full attack mode.  Look at the first White House press conference under Trump versus Biden.  Look at the liberal press fawn all over Joe.  NY Times Editor Lauren Wolfe was so blatant they had to fire her (for once the NY Times showed some integrity).  Another NY Times contributor called for the "lynching of Mike Pence"...his account was not disabled. 

Again from day one the press was in full attack mode and Pelosi, Schiff and Schumer followed suit with an impeachment based on a fake dossier paid for by Hillary...do you not find that shocking?  The FBI knew the dossier was fake, they knew the context, yet they allowed it to continue and went after people like Mike Flynn.  How much money was wasted, how much time was wasted, how far could we as a society have pushed the ball further down the field without this partisan political stunt based on a fake dossier paid for by the Clinton's?

The mainstream press is so intellectually dishonest it is actually frightening.  This past year when BLM and Antifa burned American cities they stood by and called them "mostly peaceful protests."  ABC has a transcript of Trump's speech at the rally in DC.  I didn't listen to it (don't listen to any of his rambling speeches), but I did search the transcript and this is waht he said "I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."  This was Trump inciting an insurrection?  Contrast that with the DNC leadership taking a knee as Antifa and BLM burned parts of country?  Seriously?

My rambling point is... Clinton, Bush, and Obama all had negative press but nothing like this and under all previous administrations the press could at least acknowledge the good that was done.  In Trump's case he gets zero credit for the economy, minus COVID he would have coasted to victory on this issue alone.  Standing up the to Chinese was WAY overdue.  On a side note, I have no idea how deep the Chinese ties to Biden are, but I find it very telling that on inauguration day the official Chinese leadership Twitter Account mocked trump and cheered that he was out of office.  Under Trump America became not only energy independent but a net exporter of oil.  While the environmentalist howl reasonable people will do some research and see how this one move changed the entire dynamic...it is actually helping carbon emissions as we are now likely past peak oil and the market was forever changed.  Did you happen to notice that market was so disrupted that the price of oil went NEGATIVE under Trump (yes there were several factors in that pricing), but when compared to other Presidents it is remarkable highest was under Bush at $166.60 a barrel, second highest was Carter at $125.77 and third highest was under Obama at $124.44).

Leaving the Paris Climate Accord was a very smart move, the negotiated American position was horrific.  Do you know that under the terms of the accord that we just rejoined, all American children have to receive education not just on climate change, but how to PROTEST CLIMATE CHANGE!  Come on man.  In my humble opinion leaving the WHO was another very good move for America...before you get upset I would ask if you have done any research on the WHO?  Even though I believe they acted as agents of China, put the COVID thing aside and look at the organization.  Auditors have repeatedly slammed the WHO because they spend more on EXECUTIVE TRAVEL ($800 Million, first class baby), than they do fighting AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria...COMBINED.  Should we have left them forever, of course not, but Trump was a good negotiator and it rocked the WHO when we left.  There are other things that if viewed without bias were actually very good for our country...my favorite being the conversion of Qasem Soleimani into charred hamburger. 

You stated this was the first time you ever voted for a DNC candidate...for me it was a tough choice because I think Trump is an extreme narcissist who says horrible things, but when I took a step back and looked at the policies and the things Biden, Harris and the squad want to do to America...not a chance in hell.  You point out QAnon...I agree horrible organization but the left is saying equally horrible things and they own the press.  Look no further than the chief counsel at PBS who said "children of Trump voters be forcibly send to reduction camps".   That is acceptable to you? 

I get it people hate Trump...As I have said multiple times, I do not like him or what he says.  But the alternative is even worse.

4FOZ5U4ESUZ3XLVKSF2L444CR4.png

• Like 5
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

When did I say Biden should fix decades of partisanship in a few days?  I said he ran on a platform of unity...he promised to heal America...his inauguration was again about unity.  His actions so far are 180 of from what he said/promised.  To the winner go the spoils so if he wants to sign 37 executive actions reversing Trump policies so be it, but be HONEST...that is not about unity.  He has not taken a single action in the lead up to taking office or in his first few days of executive orders.  They are in such a rush to wipe Trump off the map they Biden's wonks reversed an executive order that was meant almost solely to keep the price of insulin down.

Trump is gone...he is irrelevant now.  If he tries to start a third party it will simply lock the DNC in power for eternity yet they want to pursue him with impeachment because they want revenge.  Biden could end it right now and start the "healing" but he has no backbone and won't even state an opinion.  Be a freaking leader, stand up to Pelosi and stop the impeachment...calm the Trumpsters and focus on fixing the broken shit TOGETHER, why is that so hard to understand?

The last thing I am is a Trump apologist.  Things he said and did were abhorrent, he actually lost me when he made the comments about John McCain being a POW and he preferred men who were not shot down.  Other statements were equally appalling but sadly in our two party system we are left with choosing the lesser of two evils and when I stacked up the issues four years ago Trump and his policies were the clear choice.  I did not want to vote for him this election, but knowing the history of Biden and even more frightening, Harris...there was no way in hell I was going to vote to put the most liberal person in the sent in the Senate, in a chair that is one heartbeat from the Oval Office, have you ever read her statements and policies?   ESPECIALLY concerning when Biden is in the mental condition I believe him to in...he will not make four years.  He very clearly has the early signs of dementia and it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Here is the thing that bothers me the most.  You said "you guys all band together...and upvote each other's posts."  That has been the problem the last four years with the mainstream press.  No President has ever had so much bad press.  See the graphic below.  From DAY ONE the mainstream press which is mostly liberal went into full attack mode.  Look at the first White House press conference under Trump versus Biden.  Look at the liberal press fawn all over Joe.  NY Times Editor Lauren Wolfe was so blatant they had to fire her (for once the NY Times showed some integrity).  Another NY Times contributor called for the "lynching of Mike Pence"...his account was not disabled. 

Again from day one the press was in full attack mode and Pelosi, Schiff and Schumer followed suit with an impeachment based on a fake dossier paid for by Hillary...do you not find that shocking?  The FBI knew the dossier was fake, they knew the context, yet they allowed it to continue and went after people like Mike Flynn.  How much money was wasted, how much time was wasted, how far could we as a society have pushed the ball further down the field without this partisan political stunt based on a fake dossier paid for by the Clinton's?

The mainstream press is so intellectually dishonest it is actually frightening.  This past year when BLM and Antifa burned American cities they stood by and called them "mostly peaceful protests."  ABC has a transcript of Trump's speech at the rally in DC.  I didn't listen to it (don't listen to any of his rambling speeches), but I did search the transcript and this is waht he said "I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."  This was Trump inciting an insurrection?  Contrast that with the DNC leadership taking a knee as Antifa and BLM burned parts of country?  Seriously?

My rambling point is... Clinton, Bush, and Obama all had negative press but nothing like this and under all previous administrations the press could at least acknowledge the good that was done.  In Trump's case he gets zero credit for the economy, minus COVID he would have coasted to victory on this issue alone.  Standing up the to Chinese was WAY overdue.  On a side note, I have no idea how deep the Chinese ties to Biden are, but I find it very telling that on inauguration day the official Chinese leadership Twitter Account mocked trump and cheered that he was out of office.  Under Trump America became not only energy independent but a net exporter of oil.  While the environmentalist howl reasonable people will do some research and see how this one move changed the entire dynamic...it is actually helping carbon emissions as we are now likely past peak oil and the market was forever changed.  Did you happen to notice that market was so disrupted that the price of oil went NEGATIVE under Trump (yes there were several factors in that pricing), but when compared to other Presidents it is remarkable highest was under Bush at $166.60 a barrel, second highest was Carter at $125.77 and third highest was under Obama at $124.44).

Leaving the Paris Climate Accord was a very smart move, the negotiated American position was horrific.  Do you know that under the terms of the accord that we just rejoined, all American children have to receive education not just on climate change, but how to PROTEST CLIMATE CHANGE!  Come on man.  In my humble opinion leaving the WHO was another very good move for America...before you get upset I would ask if you have done any research on the WHO?  Even though I believe they acted as agents of China, put the COVID thing aside and look at the organization.  Auditors have repeatedly slammed the WHO because they spend more on EXECUTIVE TRAVEL ($800 Million, first class baby), than they do fighting AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria...COMBINED.  Should we have left them forever, of course not, but Trump was a good negotiator and it rocked the WHO when we left.  There are other things that if viewed without bias were actually very good for our country...my favorite being the conversion of Qasem Soleimani into charred hamburger. 

You stated this was the first time you ever voted for a DNC candidate...for me it was a tough choice because I think Trump is an extreme narcissist who says horrible things, but when I took a step back and looked at the policies and the things Biden, Harris and the squad want to do to America...not a chance in hell.  You point out QAnon...I agree horrible organization but the left is saying equally horrible things and they own the press.  Look no further than the chief counsel at PBS who said "children of Trump voters be forcibly send to reduction camps".   That is acceptable to you? 

I get it people hate Trump...As I have said multiple times, I do not like him or what he says.  But the alternative is even worse.

4FOZ5U4ESUZ3XLVKSF2L444CR4.png

You’ve got some very good points in there.  I actually agree with you on quite a bit of it.  Some things he did were absolutely good calls, too bad he had to do them in the ways he did...  Having the respect of the world is on an identical footing as doing some of the things he did.  Problem is, he’s lost us so much of that “respect capital” that it will make it hard to be taken seriously going forward.  We’ll be able to get there, but it will be that much harder. China, loved the positions he took with them, hated how he did it.  Paris climate accords, agreed with the action, not his stated reasons for it because it continues to enable those of you in here (don’t know your stance on it, so royal you, not you specifically) who continue to pull out bogus science to deny the overwhelming bulk of scientific evidence that says climate change is real and that we could do something about it.  The accords are not good for America, once again, we end up doing the lion’s share of the work.  The WHO, absolutely agree with you again.  But also, once again, he’s POTUS, act like it.  You didn’t mention holding NATO’s feet to the fire, but I’m sure you’re on the same page.  Good, but again, bedside manner matters.

I also agree that the press, by and large, is garbage, but I also don’t have a ton of heartburn over the way he was treated because he gave worse than he got on the daily.  He can’t complain about unfair treatment when he was goading them, lying to them, and constantly belittling every personality that he didn’t like.  You honestly think that had nothing to do with his treatment?  You honestly think it would have gone down similarly if he had treated them with respect from the get go?  I don’t.  His press secretary started lying from the moment he was in office, which was simply behavior carried over from before he was sworn in.  

I mentioned on here I wasn’t a fan of many of the EOs Biden signed on days one and two.  Let’s see if he keeps up the pace.  He’s gonna need to sign a lot more to catch up to Trump on that face...  At the same time, Biden’s a politician, he has to show his base why they elected him.  If he keeps going, ignoring everything else out there, then yeah, but I’m willing to give the dude more than half a week before saying his pledge to be a president for all of Americans, R or D, is BS...  

I also agree about the Twitter crap, again, I’m no fan of social media.  Call a spade a spade.  Again, though, Twitter’s a business, so they’re gonna do what makes sense for their bottom line.  A US citizen, president or not, is subject to the public opinion of the US population.  A Chinese press release, not so much.  

Not a Trump apologist, fine, I’ll take your word for it.  But you sure did a nice job of cherry-picking the only line out of his speech that one could taken as peaceful.  You’re not being intellectually honest if you think Trump was intending peaceful protest with his delivery of his peace inspiring speech.  MLK struck the same tone in his “I have a dream” speech...  Trump sure didn’t stand up to tone things down when his lackies said other “peaceful things”.  

I’m sorry, but as much as us comfortable white people want it to not be true, there are 100% racial inequalities in this country.  Comparing Trump’s behaving like a sore loser since he lost, and riling up his base until it eventually lost control, and POC’s fight for social justice is just a non-starter.  Forgive most of the world (because almost everyone but us privileged white people in the US sees it, so clearly we must be right) for giving a little slack to people that simple want to not be looked at as criminals when driving their cars, have an equal shot at getting the job, not get life sentences when a white dude gets probation, etc., etc., etc.  Rioting doesn’t help, it won’t make the problems magically go away, and the left definitely owns some of that through tacit approval of the actions.  It isn’t right, but man, it is definitely understandable after centuries of mistreatment that started with slavery and has seen every shade in between.  But again, parade out some twisted statistic to show how I’m wrong, all while ignoring the FACTS that are screaming from literally every corner of the world of history, recent and distant.  

One last point, I love all of the arm-chair mental health experts out there that are convinced of Biden’s mental decline because he’s “showing all the signs of it”.  Actually, no, I won’t address it more than this, it’s just stupid because Trump was the picture of mental health, a rational actor...

ETA: Harris is scary for sure, and I hope and pray for Biden’s health for that reason.  I vote for the P though, not the VP.  Safe bet is that this will go down like the overwhelming majority of admins in the past have, the P will be the P and the VP is largely forgotten.  Here’s to hoping I’m not wrong...

Edited by slackline
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, slackline said:

You’ve got some very good points in there.  I actually agree with you on quite a bit of it.  Some things he did were absolutely good calls, too bad he had to do them in the ways he did...  Having the respect of the world is on an identical footing as doing some of the things he did.  Problem is, he’s lost us so much of that “respect capital” that it will make it hard to be taken seriously going forward.  We’ll be able to get there, but it will be that much harder. China, loved the positions he took with them, hated how he did it.  Paris climate accords, agreed with the action, not his stated reasons for it because it continues to enable those of you in here (don’t know your stance on it, so royal you, not you specifically) who continue to pull out bogus science to deny the overwhelming bulk of scientific evidence that says climate change is real and that we could do something about it.  The accords are not good for America, once again, we end up doing the lion’s share of the work.  The WHO, absolutely agree with you again.  But also, once again, he’s POTUS, act like it.  You didn’t mention holding NATO’s feet to the fire, but I’m sure you’re on the same page.  Good, but again, bedside manner matters.

I also agree that the press, by and large, is garbage, but I also don’t have a ton of heartburn over the way he was treated because he gave worse than he got on the daily.  He can’t complain about unfair treatment when he was goading them, lying to them, and constantly belittling every personality that he didn’t like.  You honestly think that had nothing to do with his treatment?  You honestly think it would have gone down similarly if he had treated them with respect from the get go?  I don’t.  His press secretary started lying from the moment he was in office, which was simply behavior carried over from before he was sworn in.  

I mentioned on here I wasn’t a fan of many of the EOs Biden signed on days one and two.  Let’s see if he keeps up the pace.  He’s gonna need to sign a lot more to catch up to Trump on that face...  At the same time, Biden’s a politician, he has to show his base why they elected him.  If he keeps going, ignoring everything else out there, then yeah, but I’m willing to give the dude more than half a week before saying his pledge to be a president for all of Americans, R or D, is BS...  

I also agree about the Twitter crap, again, I’m no fan of social media.  Call a spade a spade.  Again, though, Twitter’s a business, so they’re gonna do what makes sense for their bottom line.  A US citizen, president or not, is subject to the public opinion of the US population.  A Chinese press release, not so much.  

Not a Trump apologist, fine, I’ll take your word for it.  But you sure did a nice job of cherry-picking the only line out of his speech that one could taken as peaceful.  You’re not being intellectually honest if you think Trump was intending peaceful protest with his delivery of his peace inspiring speech.  MLK struck the same tone in his “I have a dream” speech...  Trump sure didn’t stand up to tone things down when his lackies said other “peaceful things”.  

I’m sorry, but as much as us comfortable white people want it to not be true, there are 100% racial inequalities in this country.  Comparing Trump’s behaving like a sore loser since he lost, and riling up his base until it eventually lost control, and POC’s fight for social justice is just a non-starter.  Forgive most of the world (because almost everyone but us privileged white people in the US sees it, so clearly we must be right) for giving a little slack to people that simple want to not be looked at as criminals when driving their cars, have an equal shot at getting the job, not get life sentences when a white dude gets probation, etc., etc., etc.  Rioting doesn’t help, it won’t make the problems magically go away, and the left definitely owns some of that through tacit approval of the actions.  It isn’t right, but man, it is definitely understandable after centuries of mistreatment that started with slavery and has seen every shade in between.  But again, parade out some twisted statistic to show how I’m wrong, all while ignoring the FACTS that are screaming from literally every corner of the world of history, recent and distant.  

One last point, I love all of the arm-chair mental health experts out there that are convinced of Biden’s mental decline because he’s “showing all the signs of it”.  Actually, no, I won’t address it more than this, it’s just stupid because Trump was the picture of mental health, a rational actor...

NATO - agreed, goes without saying and long overdue.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on the press, go watch the first press conference with Spicer...right out of the gate...then watch the first one with Psaki who by the way has a LONG history of lying to the press when she was at the State Department.

As for Twitter and social media...I will agreed with your argument when they lose the protections of 230.  Until then they are not simply a business, they enjoy special protections and treatment under the law that should hold them to a different standard.

I did not cherry pick a line out of his speech.  I skimmed most of it from the transcript posted on ABC and that was the one and only line I saw then mentioned going to the Capital.  There were a lot of references to the election being stolen and cheating with regard to votes, but that was the only mention of going to the Capital.

You lost me on social justice.  I 100% acknowledge we are a country of inequities and we have a lot of work to do.  I hate the "my black friend reply" so let me put it this way, I have many minority friends and have heard countless stories that make my skin crawl.  When one friend told me about having to have the "you are a young black man and here is what you do when the cops pull you over", I was shocked and it truly made me think...again we have a LONG way to go.  Also, I am not talking about protests and rioting over racial inequities, I am talking about BLM and Antifa.  BLM is not about racial inequities, it is a group led by dedicated Marxists with a far different purpose.  Look no further than an a revealing 2015 interview with the founders (Alicia Garza, Patrisse Cullors and Opal TometiIn), who very clearly stated what they stand for " interview, Cullors said, “Myself and Alicia in particular are trained organizers. We are trained Marxists.” That same year, Tometi was hobnobbing with Venezuela’s Marxist dictator Nicolás Maduro, of whose regime she wrote: “In these last 17 years, we have witnessed the Bolivarian Revolution champion participatory democracy and construct a fair, transparent election system recognized as among the best in the world.”  Antifa is even worse and i can't believe you would associate them with the cause of minorities in this country.  They seek to cause carnage and chaos in order to bring down the American system.  You swore an oath to defeat such organizations.  Again going back to what happened this summer...Seattle and the autonomous zone had zippo to do with racial inequality.  The occupation and near destruction of Portland...again Antifa trying to destroy the system.

As for mental health, one could certainly argue about Trump's mental state as an extreme narcissist.  However, he has been like that for as long as he has been int he spotlight.  With Biden we are talking about real signs of change and decline.  I would invite you to watch this short non-bias clip that is not about Biden, but shows a clear link between his demonstrated symptoms and mental decline. 

Then watch this piece done by an Australian news agency.

Do you ever think that Trump may have gotten more negative press coverage because he’s a worse human being with worse policies?

Just like how I talk more shit about my sisters abusive ex husband than her current husband?

Not everyone is entitled to 50-50 good:bad press.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

NATO - agreed, goes without saying and long overdue.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on the press, go watch the first press conference with Spicer...right out of the gate...then watch the first one with Psaki who by the way has a LONG history of lying to the press when she was at the State Department.

As for Twitter and social media...I will agreed with your argument when they lose the protections of 230.  Until then they are not simply a business, they enjoy special protections and treatment under the law that should hold them to a different standard.

I did not cherry pick a line out of his speech.  I skimmed most of it from the transcript posted on ABC and that was the one and only line I saw then mentioned going to the Capital.  There were a lot of references to the election being stolen and cheating with regard to votes, but that was the only mention of going to the Capital.

You lost me on social justice.  I 100% acknowledge we are a country of inequities and we have a lot of work to do.  I hate the "my black friend reply" so let me put it this way, I have many minority friends and have heard countless stories that make my skin crawl.  When one friend told me about having to have the "you are a young black man and here is what you do when the cops pull you over", I was shocked and it truly made me think...again we have a LONG way to go.  Also, I am not talking about protests and rioting over racial inequities, I am talking about BLM and Antifa.  BLM is not about racial inequities, it is a group led by dedicated Marxists with a far different purpose.  Look no further than an a revealing 2015 interview with the founders (Alicia Garza, Patrisse Cullors and Opal TometiIn), who very clearly stated what they stand for " interview, Cullors said, “Myself and Alicia in particular are trained organizers. We are trained Marxists.” That same year, Tometi was hobnobbing with Venezuela’s Marxist dictator Nicolás Maduro, of whose regime she wrote: “In these last 17 years, we have witnessed the Bolivarian Revolution champion participatory democracy and construct a fair, transparent election system recognized as among the best in the world.”  Antifa is even worse and i can't believe you would associate them with the cause of minorities in this country.  They seek to cause carnage and chaos in order to bring down the American system.  You swore an oath to defeat such organizations.  Again going back to what happened this summer...Seattle and the autonomous zone had zippo to do with racial inequality.  The occupation and near destruction of Portland...again Antifa trying to destroy the system.

As for mental health, one could certainly argue about Trump's mental state as an extreme narcissist.  However, he has been like that for as long as he has been int he spotlight.  With Biden we are talking about real signs of change and decline.  I would invite you to watch this short non-bias clip that is not about Biden, but shows a clear link between his demonstrated symptoms and mental decline. 

Then watch this piece done by an Australian news agency.

It’s like you haven’t read a word posted by the many smart people in here as to why getting rid of 230 is a bad idea.  Do you honestly not see how that is going to bite everyone in a bad way?  It’s like that bear chasing you.  You’re in the woods, come across a bear which starts to chase you.  As you run from the bear, you pray, “please Lord, let this bear be a Christian!”  When the bear catches you and knocks you down, as it’s standing above you, before it eats you, the bear folds its arms and says, “Dear Lord, please bless this meal I’m about to eat, thank you Jesus.  Amen!”  230 is not what you want.  All the reasons have been laid out, so I’m not going to rehash them.  Careful what you ask for, you just might get it... 

Don’t ignore the press treatment issue.  Trump has always treated them like trash, like everyone.  It doesn’t excuse their clear bias, they should be better/have some journalist integrity, but he was/is a super douche, so he invited their treatment.  He loved it even.  Played very well to his base.   Funny thing, Trump wouldn’t be caught dead hanging with the majority of people that voted for him.  Too “white trash” for him, but he sure knew how to whip em up into a frenzy!  It’s funny too because you even admit to not liking him, but you’re still harping about it.  He’s get you focused on the wrong thing.  Screw how the media treats the president.  Do a good job and the public won’t care because their lives are getting better.  

Go back and read my post.  Please highlight the parts where I linked the racial inequalities we’re (as a nation) struggling with and BLM/Antifa.  This is hilarious, I didn’t say anything of the kind, I even said riots/violence hurt the cause, not help it.    

Let me put it more clearly, it is more easy to understand why POC would feel that it is a last resort after their cries for equality consistently fall on deaf ears.  You acknowledged in this post what many on this forum flat out say isn’t happening, there are no problems, POC just need to pick themselves up by their bootstraps like other successful POC have done, no excuses.  Careful, they’re going to call you a SJW and an extreme leftist for that acknowledgment.  

As for the mental health decline of Biden, dude is old.  Like the majority of old options we were presented with, he’s not as sharp as he used to be, but still, no one has presented anything that can be used as proof.  Yet, people on the right constantly latch on every bit of “evidence” presented by every “expert” who hasn’t actually examined or tested him.  I’d sure love to have a bunch of people watching me from afar comment on my cognitive health, especially people with incentive to say I’m in decline.  Sounds fun.

If we stop voting these dbags into office, people so out of touch with reality it’s not even funny anymore, maybe we’ll get better options.  But no, we tear apart the younger ones, leaving the old as the only options remaining.  No way was Trump the best option back in 2016 just like Biden wasn’t the best option last fall.  In fact, they were both horrible options.  We screwed ourselves!

Edited by slackline
Obvious mental decline or early onset dementia...

3 hours ago, slackline said:

As for mental health, one could certainly argue about Trump's mental state as an extreme narcissist.  However, he has been like that for as long as he has been int he spotlight.  With Biden we are talking about real signs of change and decline.

58 minutes ago, slackline said:

As for the mental health decline of Biden, dude is old.  Like the majority of old options we were presented with, he’s not as sharp as he used to be, but still, no one has presented anything that can be used as proof.  Yet, people on the right constantly latch on every bit of “evidence” presented by every “expert” who hasn’t actually examined or tested him.  I’d sure love to have a bunch of people watching me from afar comment on my cognitive health, especially people with incentive to say I’m in decline.  Sounds fun.

One doesn't need to be a trained mental health expert to know something is wrong with Joe Biden's mental state.

Biden is 78 years old, the oldest person to ever sit in the Oval Office.  The next closest is Reagan, who was 77 at the end of his presidency.

This is a big fucking problem for the country, and I don't know how anyone can brush it off as "he's just old," or "people are just picking on poor Joe."

Age-related mental decline is insidious.  It comes and goes.  Someone can have their mental faculties at 100% at the beginning of the day, but then as the day drags on and they wear mentally and physically, they get worse and worse.  The results manifest themselves in several ways: people end up being excessively argumentative, they get tunnel vision and fixate on things with no rhyme or reason.

Anyone who's had the pleasure of working with those in their late 60s and 70s has seen this play out before. 

It was rumored that Reagan was experiencing the beginning of mental decline during his second term; he even got some raised eyebrows during the 1984 Presidential race when he seemed to falter during the debates.  That was a problem then, but at the very least you had an established team surrounding the president, and a more-or-less stable country and world.

Now you've got Joe Biden, who's starting his presidency in today's chaotic world, and surrounding himself with an eclectic band of unproven staffers and Cabinet picks.

Agree or disagree with Joe Biden's polices and ideals all you want.  That's everyone's right as a red-blooded American.  But the fact that we're starting a Presidential term with a 78 year old is a big fucking problem.

Edited by Blue
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

One doesn't need to be a trained mental health expert to know something is wrong with Joe Biden's mental state.

Biden is 78 years old, the oldest person to ever sit in the Oval Office.  The next closest is Reagan, who was 77 at the end of his presidency.

This is a big fucking problem for the country, and I don't know how anyone can brush it off as "he's just old," or "people are just picking on poor Joe."

Age-related mental decline is insidious.  It comes and goes.  Someone can have their mental faculties at 100% at the beginning of the day, but then as the day drags on and they wear mentally and physically, they get worse and worse.  The results manifest themselves in several ways: people end up being excessively argumentative, they get tunnel vision and fixate on things with no rhyme or reason.

Anyone who's had the pleasure of working with those in their late 60s and 70s has seen this play out before. 

It was rumored that Reagan was experiencing the beginning of mental decline during his second term; he even got some raised eyebrows during the 1984 Presidential race when he seemed to falter during the debates.  That was a problem then, but at the very least you had an established team surrounding the president, and a more-or-less stable country and world.

Now you've got Joe Biden, who's starting his presidency in today's chaotic world, and surrounding himself with an eclectic band of unproven staffers and Cabinet picks.

Agree or disagree with Joe Biden's polices and ideals all you want.  That's everyone's right as a red-blooded American.  But the fact that we're starting a Presidential term with a 78 year old is a big fucking problem.

100% agreed that starting with a 78 yr old president is a problem. 

Totally disagree you don't need to be a mental health expert to see the problems you guys are talking about. 

I'm not saying he doesn't have the issues.  I'm saying no one has proven it, and that you absolutely cannot judge a person's mental health on sound bites, but you obviously are an expert on the possible here, so by all means. 

If Trump hadn't been such an NTAC with regards to his dismissiveness towards the Rona, he'd be the president right now.  He'd be a 74 yr old tool sitting in that office, so not much better.

Stop voting for old people.  They are out of touch. Along with term limits we should have age limits. We recognize a bottom age is important, why is it difficult to do the same on the upper stops?

1 hour ago, Negatory said:

Do you ever think that Trump may have gotten more negative press coverage because he’s a worse human being with worse policies?

Just like how I talk more shit about my sisters abusive ex husband than her current husband?

Not everyone is entitled to 50-50 good:bad press.

There is definitely an element of Truth to that, and conservatives do their argumentative service to pretend like it's not a factor. But you can go back to George W Bush, Mitt Romney, and Brett Kavanaugh, to see examples of people who were I know rational measure bad people, that treated quite differently than their Democratic counterparts.

Just like conservatives who deny the difference you cite with Trump immediately posture their liberal counterparts to ignore the remainder of their argument, liberals and listed the same effect from conservatives and they deny a very obvious and measurable bias immediate coverage between conservatives and liberals.

If we're going to talk about mental illness, why are we all of a sudden concerned about it when we've had a sociopathic narcissist and compulsive liar in the WH for the past 4 years?  I'd take Uncle Joe over Piece of Shit Trump any day of the week.

No, I don't like Harris.  No, I don't like "government by Executive Order."  Maybe the Biden 1st presser went better because the press sec didn't march into the room, declare an obvious lie, and march out.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, slackline said:

Stop voting for old people.  They are out of touch. Along with term limits we should have age limits. We recognize a bottom age is important, why is it difficult to do the same on the upper stops?

You did....

1 hour ago, slc said:

You did....

Seriously?  Tell me which young person I could have voted for. When we're at the end of the race you pick from the horses still running.  Or stand on principle and write a name in. I almost did, but when faced with 4 more of Trump I went with the lesser of two evils.

That was a statement for all.  If it somehow made you feel triggered or guilty... my bad, I guess. 

Edited by slackline

100% agreed that starting with a 78 yr old president is a problem. 
Totally disagree you don't need to be a mental health expert to see the problems you guys are talking about. 
I'm not saying he doesn't have the issues.  I'm saying no one has proven it, and that you absolutely cannot judge a person's mental health on sound bites, but you obviously are an expert on the possible here, so by all means. 
If Trump hadn't been such an NTAC with regards to his dismissiveness towards the Rona, he'd be the president right now.  He'd be a 74 yr old tool sitting in that office, so not much better.

Who doesn't love a good conspiracy? Biden was popular enough to win, moderate enough to pull independents and anti Trump Republicans, and paired with a female VP. He's old, 25th amendment for mental acuity/inability to execute his duties, and bam, 1st female president who's much further left.

On a serious note, isn't age a protected class in employment?

On 1/22/2021 at 12:39 PM, Swamp Yankee said:

It was well-lit and clean for a parking garage.  Of course, in the Air Guard the worst I had to deal with was passing out in the old Balboa Yacht Club in Panama.  

There are a lot of worse places to pass out than there. Last time I was there was 89.

On 1/22/2021 at 12:30 PM, Lord Ratner said:

This problem will solve itself. It's a bridge too far for many, and will illicit a response from more people than there are trans athletes. Politicians take the path of least resistance. This move will flip the resistance equation. It's also an obvious States-rights domain.

This shouldn't have been a problem in the first place. It should've never happened.

2 hours ago, jazzdude said:

Who doesn't love a good conspiracy? Biden was popular enough to win, moderate enough to pull independents and anti Trump Republicans, and paired with a female VP. He's old, 25th amendment for mental acuity/inability to execute his duties, and bam, 1st female president who's much further left.

On a serious note, isn't age a protected class in employment?

So many Puppeteers control this old worn out puppet that it’s inevitable the “Harris/Biden” yard sign will come true. That will be a whole whipsaw in itself = U R correct. Let’s just say there were no shenanigans regarding the election itself and everything was pure, fair and balanced. In the end, regardless of who you voted for or what you believe in = Every Other Person thinks the Opposite of You/Me. Traveling thru a lot of these Lockdown states = we know better than you draconian measures and self righteous “do as I say not as I do” Governor's/Mayors paints quite the picture. In the beginning nobody knew anything, everyone is looking thru 20/20 hindsight and there is really no excuse for where we are headed. Time will tell and the herds are coming to this life of opportunity. Hopefully the directions of travel doesn’t reverse flow with Americans anytime soon. Once again it’s a 50/50 nation at Best!

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, jazzdude said:

Biden was popular enough to win, moderate enough to pull independents and anti Trump Republicans, and paired with a female VP.

Do you really think people voted for Biden?  I would say they voted against Trump but hey what do I know.  I do find it odd that the best the DNC could do was a 78 year old white guy...party of the people and all.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, slackline said:

It’s like you haven’t read a word posted by the many smart people in here as to why getting rid of 230 is a bad idea.

It's like you think I can't have my own opinion.  I fully understand the dangers of killing 230...but something has to change and since we are willing to rip off every other bandaid (immigration, gun control, energy independence), lets do this one too.

230 has to be eliminated or modified period dot.  Otherwise, a few tech oligarchs are going to control this country and influence elections...like they did in 2020.  Yes we need protections for a free and open internet but 230 is an absolute abortion in its current form.

And the spin begins...before your panties climb up your back, I fully admit both sides do it...I know I know...it's all Trump's fault.

920945939_ScreenShot2021-01-24at7_24_25AM.thumb.png.b35dd4d95d77e237921e0f64ad6f2a30.png

An interesting corollary...I had a potential business trip to New Mexico only to discover they are still in FULL lockdown (and have been since September).  Did a bit of quick research and in a very simplistic comparison of Florida to New Mexico, the lock down is having ZERO impact on infection rate, but it has destroyed the economy.  Florida which is fully open has the exact same infection rate as New Mexico where you must quarantine for 14 days if you enter the state and does not allow indoor dinning or any bar activity.  Apparently there is a massive fight brewing with the governor over how much power she has "taken"...several retired NW Supreme Court Justices are now speaking out in the press.  I guess it is no surprise that DNC mayors and governors are saying they must open.  NY is screwed by the way if you look at the numbers.

• Upvote 1

Do you really think people voted for Biden?  I would say they voted against Trump but hey what do I know.  I do find it odd that the best the DNC could do was a 78 year old white guy...party of the people and all.

Either way, it was still a vote for Biden. Just like in 2016 many votes for Trump were not so much votes for Trump, but votes against Hillary.

Biden (outside his age) makes sense: had name recognition (especially among older voters, who are consistent voters), executive experience, more moderate than the other Democrat primary candidates (more attractive to independents and Republicans who hate Trump, and may at best encourage them to vote for the democrat nominee over abstaining from voting, or at worst voting for Trump as a vote against a perceived worse far left candidate).

That's why I voted for Trump in 2016 (vote against Hillary), but couldn't bring myself to do it again in 2020. But I also didn't want to vote for Biden either as a vote against Trump; voting as a vote against someone else just doesn't feel right to me anymore. Especially when it means I'd be part of their "popular mandate". It's not "wasting" my vote, it's voting my conscience over voting to be with a (potentially) winning candidate I don't agree with.

The Republican party sold it's soul by nominating Trump.
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, slackline said:

Seriously?  Tell me which young person I could have voted for. When we're at the end of the race you pick from the horses still running.  Or stand on principle and write a name in. I almost did, but when faced with 4 more of Trump I went with the lesser of two evils.

That was a statement for all.  If it somehow made you feel triggered or guilty... my bad, I guess. 

I voted for Jorgensen.  She was way younger than Biden or Trump, and had an actual platform that wasn't "I'm not Trump/Biden".

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jazzdude said:

Either way, it was still a vote for Biden. Just like in 2016 many votes for Trump were not so much votes for Trump, but votes against Hillary.

Biden (outside his age) makes sense: had name recognition (especially among older voters, who are consistent voters), executive experience, more moderate than the other Democrat primary candidates (more attractive to independents and Republicans who hate Trump, and may at best encourage them to vote for the democrat nominee over abstaining from voting, or at worst voting for Trump as a vote against a perceived worse far left candidate).

That's why I voted for Trump in 2016 (vote against Hillary), but couldn't bring myself to do it again in 2020. But I also didn't want to vote for Biden either as a vote against Trump; voting as a vote against someone else just doesn't feel right to me anymore. Especially when it means I'd be part of their "popular mandate". It's not "wasting" my vote, it's voting my conscience over voting to be with a (potentially) winning candidate I don't agree with.

The Republican party sold it's soul by nominating Trump.

100% agree that many 2016 votes were against Hillary and not for Trump.  I voted for Trump this time and it absolutely pained me.  I did it because I could not vote for the DNC polices which are now being thrust upon us (draconian gun control, "free" everything, seven-fold increase in immigration and enabling the Squad agenda). 

I disagree with your assessment that the GOP sold it's soul nominating Trump...what were they supposed to do...rig the nomination like the DNC (sucked to be Bernie in 2016 with Super-Delegates).  If Trump had the votes, he had the votes.  I can however support the soul selling argument when it comes to protesting the election and other issues. 

• Upvote 2

And this gem from the NY Times this morning calling Biden "the most religiously observant' president in 50 years"  SERIOUSLY?  Last I checked he is a Catholic who advocates for abortion.  The mainstream media just can't help but slobber all over his knob.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/23/us/biden-catholic-christian.html

• Like 2

100% agree that many 2016 votes were against Hillary and not for Trump.  I voted for Trump this time and it absolutely pained me.  I did it because I could not vote for the DNC polices which are now being thrust upon us (draconian gun control, "free" everything, seven-fold increase in immigration and enabling the Squad agenda). 
I disagree with your assessment that the GOP sold it's soul nominating Trump...what were they supposed to do...rig the nomination like the DNC (sucked to be Bernie in 2016 with Super-Delegates).  If Trump had the votes, he had the votes.  I can however support the soul selling argument when it comes to protesting the election and other issues. 

I guess I'm naive to believe that the GOP would hold to it's professed values, and boot extremists from the party. Instead, they clung to "well, they'll increase our voter base" in the name of maintaining power ahead of maintaining their values. So they sold out their soul to increase party membership, and that caused a shift in values, which was reflected in the party's nominee. Trump is the symptom, not the disease
  • Upvote 1

Super delegates didn't thwart Bernie in 2016. https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2016/jul/25/donald-trump/no-donald-trump-bernie-sanders-wouldnt-have-won-ev/

That's a claim Trump made to try to encourage division within the Democratic base, but like most things he says it wasn't true.

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

And the spin begins...before your panties climb up your back, I fully admit both sides do it...I know I know...it's all Trump's fault.

920945939_ScreenShot2021-01-24at7_24_25AM.thumb.png.b35dd4d95d77e237921e0f64ad6f2a30.png

An interesting corollary...I had a potential business trip to New Mexico only to discover they are still in FULL lockdown (and have been since September).  Did a bit of quick research and in a very simplistic comparison of Florida to New Mexico, the lock down is having ZERO impact on infection rate, but it has destroyed the economy.  Florida which is fully open has the exact same infection rate as New Mexico where you must quarantine for 14 days if you enter the state and does not allow indoor dinning or any bar activity.  Apparently there is a massive fight brewing with the governor over how much power she has "taken"...several retired NW Supreme Court Justices are now speaking out in the press.  I guess it is no surprise that DNC mayors and governors are saying they must open.  NY is screwed by the way if you look at the numbers.

That is mind bogglingly frustrating. I'm 100% with you on the economy and covid. It's long since past time to open up smarty. It's really too bad that a certain someone in power made this a political thing from the get go where one side stupidly has to show how 180 out from him they are, thereby ruining the economy.  Completely blame the Dems for not being smart enough to ignore his childish games.  Had this not been a political thing, and instead a "let's keep everyone safe thing" we'd be in a totally different economic situation right now. 

• Upvote 1