The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

6 minutes ago, spike said:

It's quite interesting how a failed presidential ticket campaigning on a message of bat shit crazy could inspire even more voters to turn out in a run off election.  Definitely a conspiracy.

I’m not saying I believe the conspiracy, I’m just saying it’s not going to go away and there are going to be certain individuals that play strongly on the fact I listed above. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kaputt said:

I’m not saying I believe the conspiracy, I’m just saying it’s not going to go away and there are going to be certain individuals that play strongly on the fact I listed above. 

Not a dig at all.  I understood your meaning.  

More of a sarcastic critique on those grasping for straws.

• Upvote 1

Can’t say I expected it to happen, but the R party has really imploded these last 2 months. Many of you expected Trump to throw a wrench in traditional politics and he did - he fractured voting confidence and the base for Rs as he tried to burn down the establishment. At the same time, he’s galvanized some more fringe voters to vote dem. It’s funny, because in Nov it was relatively understood that Rs were going to be able to keep the senate if they could just hold themselves together. You can’t argue that you didn’t get what you voted for.

Incoming: senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell. The mayor’s lost control.

25 minutes ago, Negatory said:

Can’t say I expected it to happen, but the R party has really imploded these last 2 months. Many of you expected Trump to throw a wrench in traditional politics and he did - he fractured voting confidence and the base for Rs as he tried to burn down the establishment. At the same time, he’s galvanized some more fringe voters to vote dem. It’s funny, because in Nov it was relatively understood that Rs were going to be able to keep the senate if they could just hold themselves together. You can’t argue that you didn’t get what you voted for.

Incoming: senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell. The mayor’s lost control.

The (R) are like the gangsters in The Dark Knight who hired the Joker. They hoped for a one sided chaos they could control, but they just got chaos. 

Still. 

I think we've only seen the end of the beginning, with Trump as the catalyst for what comes next. Rational liberals who voted Democrat, and could have voted no other way because of the absurdity of Trump as president, no longer have the boogeyman to distract them from the insanity of democratic policy.  Phase two is going to be the breakdown of the democratic party, a split that has been a long time coming, will once again take away the fabled supermajority of voters that Democratic politicians have been chasing for decades.

Joe Manchin may be able to sell out his entire ethical foundation, but the American voters will be less pliable. The worship of race, and the now open demonization of "whiteness," wealth, and masculinity will take the many, many suburban woman who voted against Trump for the justified hated of his disgusting composure, and deliver them right back to the Republicans. Well, only if the Republican politicians learned from the last 4 years. Some have. 

Warnock is the continuation of the Marxism camel getting it's nose under the tent. The (D) will be hard pressed to keep it out now.

• Upvote 4

22 hours ago, slackline said:

Can some of you MAGA/Trump diehards explain why every Republican that doesn’t outright support the unsupported claims of fraud and overturning of Democracy as we know it is now labeled a RINO, or has to worry about reelection? How is this turn of events not seen as a problem on the right? It is totally possible that the GOP loses the Senate because of this sentiment and Trump’s inflammatory words. That is an outcome that is highly undesirable, but they won’t have anyone to blame but themselves. Trump and his MAGA crowd will have effectively handed the senate, and therefore, tons of control to the Dems. Great... I just don’t get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While I don’t think it was Trump’s “inflammatory words” that cost the right the senate (at least one senate seat in Georgia, fingers crossed to keep the other for the sake of this country), I do find Ted Cruz’s grand standing counter productive.  I’m obviously a huge MAGA fan and not ashamed about it but Trump lost.  It’s time for Republicans to deal with it, thank him for his service (sincerely), and focus on their fight against the Green New Deal and its radical supporters the next few years.  Or worse, court packing and going after the electoral college.  Buckle in, hope sticking it to Trump was worth it. 

• Upvote 3

While I don’t think it was Trump’s “inflammatory words” that cost the right the senate (at least one senate seat in Georgia, fingers crossed to keep the other for the sake of this country), I do find Ted Cruz’s grand standing counter productive.  I’m obviously a huge MAGA fan and not ashamed about it but Trump lost.  It’s time for Republicans to deal with it, thank him for his service (sincerely), and focus on their fight against the Green New Deal and its radical supporters the next few years.  Or worse, court packing and going after the electoral college.  Buckle in, hope sticking it to Trump was worth it. 

Agree with most of your sentiment, but it was definitely Trump’s inflammatory words. You’re kidding yourself if you think otherwise. He’s the only reason Cruz was grandstanding, to pacify Trump’s crazy followers (not rational people like you, but those that believe he can do no wrong), and Trump’s constant talk about the fake election was more of a motivator for D turnout than anything they did on their own. On top of that, it had to have affected R turnout. It’ll be interesting to see the #s when this is all said and done. My bet is lots of Rs that thought it was pointless so they didn’t show up when it mattered.

This was clearly the Rs race to win, and as has been stated above, Trump’s goal to burn it to the ground seems to have worked... You reap what you sow, and now we’re screwed. Not happy the Ds are in the driver’s seat.

I will say that, at least on the surface, they seem to care more about people than they do about the upper echelons of society like it seems with the Rs. May only be perception, but you know what they say about perception being people’s reality.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, slackline said:

Agree with most of your sentiment, but it was definitely Trump’s inflammatory words. You’re kidding yourself if you think otherwise. He’s the only reason Cruz was grandstanding, to pacify Trump’s crazy followers (not rational people like you, but those that believe he can do no wrong), and Trump’s constant talk about the fake election was more of a motivator for D turnout than anything they did on their own. On top of that, it had to have affected R turnout. It’ll be interesting to see the #s when this is all said and done. My bet is lots of Rs that thought it was pointless so they didn’t show up when it mattered.

This was clearly the Rs race to win, and as has been stated above, Trump’s goal to burn it to the ground seems to have worked... You reap what you sow, and now we’re screwed. Not happy the Ds are in the driver’s seat.

I will say that, at least on the surface, they seem to care more about people than they do about the upper echelons of society like it seems with the Rs. May only be perception, but you know what they say about perception being people’s reality.

There's even a video out there where the GOP chair in Georgia is answering questions at a rally, and people keep asking "why should we even vote if the outcome is already decided?" and "what's the point in voting if the Democrats are going to rig the election anyway?"

Turns out when you call the entire voting process into question...you chip away at the motivation of your voters.

Trump's done some good things, but I would be happy to see someone more capable of regulating their emotions in charge of the party.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, M2 said:

Do people really believe the GOP wanted Trump to be re-elected?

Umm, the incredibly divisive discussion in here and everywhere else would lead one to believe, yes, yes they did.  

You're splitting hairs if you are trying to say, no they just didn't want Biden.  You have members of this forum that have said he's better than Reagan...  You want us to believe they're outliers?

3 minutes ago, BashiChuni said:

not a good look for the GOP, trump is burning it down while he leaves

As we always knew he would.  Hell, he's been burning it down for most of his presidency.  He's just losing the support of the GOP to cover for his shenanigans. 

Do people really believe the GOP wanted Trump to be re-elected?

Based on how hard they fought to get him re-elected, fight the results in places where he didn't win, and pushing to not certify the electoral college...I'd have to say yes.

It's not like a huge number of GOP voters went to third party candidates.  It's not like a bunch of GOP representatives and senators have bothered to put up even the most lackluster show of protest for Trump's election circus.  It's not like anyone with real power in the GOP has come out and said "Trump has lost this election, he needs to stop whining about it and get ready to peacefully turn over the reins of power to Biden's administration".

So...yeah, seems like they worked really hard to keep him in office.

Edited by pawnman

21 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

This is hard to read!  This is not supposed to happen in the US!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

Ahhhh, yes, I remember back when Al Gore took to the airwaves to trash democratic processes, berate his fellow party members for not supporting him, and to call on his supporters to rush the Capitol (and Supreme Court) when he believed the election was stolen from him/there were ballot irregularities.