The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

9 hours ago, Sim said:

I agree that info is shady to the max. I also don't know if newsmax post their videos which are easily linked. Call it lazy-shit-posting.  

Edit.   As for Heather Mullins. I have no freaking idea of who she is or if the info is legit. To me it seems legit. But time will tell. 

Seems about right. Post now, fact check later (or not). Are you actually just @realDonaldTrump’s base ops burner account?

12 hours ago, slackline said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/trump-fires-head-u-s-election-cybersecurity-after-he-debunked-n1248063

Trump fired Chris Krebs via Twitter for having a spine... What a stand up president.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, a political appointee fired by a politician.

Shocked, I tell you.  Shocked.

v/r,

Gerald Walpin

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, brickhistory said:

Wow, a political appointee fired by a politician.

Shocked, I tell you.  Shocked.

v/r,

Gerald Walpin

You're right.  Not abnormal in the slightest in this revolving door administration.  Firing his own political appointee because he's a lauded cyber-security expert who doesn't stand by while he spout lies from his bully pulpit. As Sim says so frequently, nothing to see here.  Just making sure my propaganda machine is unhindered from things like truth and fact...

Not worth another reply, so I'll just throw it in here.  Gerald Walpin was a Bush appointee removed by Obama.  Totally the same thing...  Good point...🤦‍♂️

Makes me wonder, what administration has the record for most upper level positions constantly being rotated like we've seen the last 4 years.  Is this the first time, or have there been equally "temporary" admins in the past?

Edited by slackline
Question

1 hour ago, brickhistory said:

Gerald Walpin agrees with you. The fact of why he was removed is important.

Dude, Obama wasn't a guy I voted for or liked.  Barking up the wrong tree.  Correct me if I'm wrong, Obama is more or less guilty of chronieism than Trump...

I’ve never met such a ruthless vicious group of kind compassionate liberal minded just want to reunite the country group of people. Sore winners and it speaks loudly to how bad (or not badly) dems want to unite as to all the criticism levied against people for supporting the president.

Simply pointing out that executive branch members, including military officers, serve "at the pleasure of the President."

He/she can hire/fire anyone he/she wants anytime he/she wants.

It's not unprecedented, a threat to the republic, or a fraying of the national fabric.

Unless Trump does it, of course.  Then each and every one is nefarious.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, brickhistory said:

Simply pointing out that executive branch members, including military officers, serve "at the pleasure of the President."

He/she can hire/fire anyone he/she wants anytime he/she wants.

It's not unprecedented, a threat to the republic, or a fraying of the national fabric.

Unless Trump does it, of course.  Then each and every one is nefarious.

I absolutely agree with you that he isn't the only one to ever do it, and at times for shady reasons even.  To be clear though, are you saying the rate at which Trump has done this, and the frequency with which he does it for the specific reasons he does it are commonplace in the executive?  I think you'd need to prove that point if so.  All presidents have done it, no one is denying that, or calling it a threat.  Just pointing out a very common trend with this particular president.  

5 hours ago, brickhistory said:

Gerald Walpin agrees with you. The fact of why he was removed is important.

Except the bipartisan CNCS asked the White House to review Walpin’s conduct as IG. Unlike a president who removed an appointed key figure who stated facts, which wasn’t inline with the president’s partisan, and legally unproven as of yet, narrative he’s spewing.

Edited by Sua Sponte

10 hours ago, slackline said:

I absolutely agree with you that he isn't the only one to ever do it, and at times for shady reasons even.  To be clear though, are you saying the rate at which Trump has done this, and the frequency with which he does it for the specific reasons he does it are commonplace in the executive?  I think you'd need to prove that point if so.  All presidents have done it, no one is denying that, or calling it a threat.  Just pointing out a very common trend with this particular president.  

To be clearer though, you are surprised that a president who was previously a reality TV show host who's tagline was "you're fired" is firing people at an ABOVE AVERAGE rate? You find that surprising? I'm surprised with your surprise.

Comparing Trump (who has been an executive for decades) with Obama (who had never been an executive) is not a valid comparison. WTF had Obama led before he became the leader of the free world? Seriously?

Edited by ViperMan
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, ViperMan said:

To be clearer though, you are surprised that a president who was previously a reality TV show host who's tagline was "you're fired" is firing people at an ABOVE AVERAGE rate? You find that surprising? I'm surprised with your surprise.

Comparing Trump (who has been an executive for decades) with Obama (who had never been an executive) is not a valid comparison. WTF had Obama led before he became the leader of the free world? Seriously?

He was a U.S. Senator, which last time I checked, is sorta a big deal. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, SurelySerious said:

That doesn’t address the question: Does a junior Senator actually lead anything?

Subjective, he was the Chairman for the Subcommittee on European Affairs. He was law school professor, State Senator, and U.S. Senator. To skip being a Rep in the House to go being a U.S. Senator that young is pretty amazing.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Guardian said:

And if they do, are they automatically assumed to be a good leader just because they have reached the senate?

The MAF considers one to be a good leader because they're good at tracking/editing awards & decs, performance reports, and setting up holiday parties. YMMV.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sua Sponte said:

He was a U.S. Senator, which last time I checked, is sorta a big deal. 

Shoot, I meant to make my post about the guy being a big deal in another thread - my bad. Also, you forgot to mention he was a community organizer, too. Which, also, makes him a big deal.

41 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

Subjective, he was the Chairman for the Subcommittee on European Affairs. He was law school professor, State Senator, and U.S. Senator. To skip being a Rep in the House to go being a U.S. Senator that young is pretty amazing.

That is amazing - but we were talking about executive-level decision-making.

38 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

The MAF considers one to be a good leader because they're good at tracking/editing awards & decs, performance reports, and setting up holiday parties. YMMV.

This is basically the exact corollary to Obama (i.e one who "checks all the boxes" sts) - are you saying the Obamas in the MAF are where they should be?

Edited by ViperMan

46 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

Sure, he was good at speaking and was charismatic and academically knows law, but is that providing leadership opportunities? Not in the same way JFK had to as a PT boat skipper, I would argue, if you want to look at young political wonders. 

Kind of like MAF HPOs from Phoenix to your reference, I guess the way I look at it. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ViperMan said:

I'll bite.

Not surprised with Trump. Surprised with people's continued defense of his actions/"leadership". Surprised officers think Trump has any leadership skills whatsoever. Surprised it isn't clearly, painfully obvious that he has way less leadership capability than virtually every president in recent history.

I wasn't a fan of Obama before or during his presidency, but he clearly exhibited more leadership capability than Trump has at any point during his 4 years. By yours and the other points made here, making decisions doesn't equate to leadership. Being an executive, running multiple failed companies doesn't equate to leadership. Being a reality TV personality doesn't equate to leadership.

By your question, I take it to mean a person has no place running the Free world without massive experience in leadership? In your incredibly wise opinion, what's that bar/limit?

AF officers have no place in most leadership capacities by your logic. "Leading" a two, fourship or , whoa, an LFE is actual leadership? Leading a squadron with maybe 100 people? Stop kidding yourself. MX officers have twice as much leadership as most of us pilots by the time they're Captains, but that's heresy in the pilot's AF. People get offended, but you are being hypocritical saying Obama had no leadership experience when you claim your own experience is actually leadership. Trump made for "ok" reality TV, that's it. He's been a failure who was given a massive jumpstart by daddy, and survived off name recognition the rest of the time. I'm using some hyperbole, but you get the idea...

I'd almost guarantee that most of the intelligent people in this board, if I were able to give them the amount of money Trump was given by his daddy, would be just as rich if not moreso by now. With a much less questionable history (you know, misogyny, disgusting comments about dating his daughter, and clear evidence of racism) and a lot less bankruptcies...

But Trump is a great leader, sure.

7 hours ago, SurelySerious said:
Sure, he was good at speaking and was charismatic and academically knows law, but is that providing leadership opportunities? Not in the same way JFK had to as a PT boat skipper, I would argue, if you want to look at young political wonders. 

Kind of like MAF HPOs from Phoenix to your reference, I guess the way I look at it. 

Seriously, a PT boat skipper equates for you? You're probably in the group that includes leading an LFE as massive leadership experience and thinks a fighter pilot could easily lead any other type of squadron because they know BFM...

People often aren't prepared for the govt position they're given. They are surrounded by people invested in ensuring they have good advice and help. Most depend on that. Some, Trump, ignore it because they "know" better than everyone. Trump's publicly claimed as much. He knows more than his generals about all the military decisions he's made. He said so... Great leader. You guys win.

ETA: Let me clarify that while I do acknowledge leading in combat and even in LFEs is actual leadership, my point is that it is a very specific form of leadership that doesn’t slice across all situations nicely. I’ve led in the flying world and the non-flying world. Two different animals.

Edited by slackline
typing on an iPhone sucks...
  • Like 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, slackline said:

I'll bite.

Not surprised with Trump. Surprised with people's continued defense of his actions/"leadership". Surprised officers think Trump has any leadership skills whatsoever. Surprised it isn't clearly, painfully obvious that he has way less leadership capability than virtually every president in recent history.

I wasn't a fan of Obama before or during his presidency, but he clearly exhibited more leadership capability than Trump has at any point during his 4 years. By yours and the other points made here, making decisions doesn't equate to leadership. Being an executive, running multiple failed companies doesn't equate to leadership. Being a reality TV personality doesn't equate to leadership.

By your question, I take it to mean a person has no place running the Free world without massive experience in leadership? In your incredibly wise opinion, what's that bar/limit?

AF officers have no place in most leadership capacities by your logic. "Leading" a two, fourship or , whoa, an LFE is actual leadership? Leading a squadron with maybe 100 people? Stop kidding yourself. MX officers have twice as much leadership as most of us pilots by the time they're Captains, but that's heresy in the pilot's AF. People get offended, but you are being hypocritical saying Obama had no leadership experience when you claim your own experience is actually leadership. Trump made for "ok" reality TV, that's it. He's been a failure who was given a massive jumpstart by daddy, and survived off name recognition the rest of the time. I'm using some hyperbole, but you get the idea...

I'd almost guarantee that most of the intelligent people in this board, if I were able to give them the amount of money Trump was given by his daddy, would be just as rich if not moreso by now. With a much less questionable history (you know, misogyny, disgusting comments about dating his daughter, and clear evidence of racism) and a lot less bankruptcies...

But Trump is a great leader, sure.

Seriously, a PT boat skipper equates for you? You're probably in the group that includes leading an LFE as massive leadership experience and thinks a fighter pilot could easily lead any other type of squadron because they know BFM...

People often aren't prepared for the govt position they're given. They are surrounded by people invested in ensuring they have good advice and help. Most depend on that. Some, Trump, ignore it because they "know" better than everyone. Trump's publicly claimed as much. He knows more than his generals about all the military decisions he's made. He said so... Great leader. You guys win.

ETA: Let me clarify that while I do acknowledge leading in combat and even in LFEs is actual leadership, my point is that it is a very specific form of leadership that doesn’t slice across all situations nicely. I’ve led in the flying world and the non-flying world. Two different animals.

I’ll take combat leadership over law school professor any day. 

• Like 2

Just now, SurelySerious said:

I’ll take combat leadership over law school professor any day. 

Depends on the role.  We've all seen the shit-hot patch who is the pinnacle of tactical knowledge but couldn't spell "OPR" with a dictionary on their desk.

At some point, you need the ability to rely on other folks expertise and you need the ability to navigate the bureaucracy.  

• Like 2