The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

10 minutes ago, 17D_guy said:

This is a matter of perspective answer.  Some people will find them radical, some won't.  I surmise most won't care.

Tea Party kinda died after Ted Cruz caused the gov't shutdown, and the R's took both houses of Congress.  I imagine we'll be hearing from political scientists/historians how it paved the way for Trumpism, where the Tea Party ideals were abandoned for the "most conservative president ever."

Only in the hyperpartisan environment of 2020 would Trump be considered conservative.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, Danger41 said:

I don’t follow politics hardly at all, but whatever happened to the Tea Party within the Republican Party? Don’t hear about that anymore.

It was targeted by the "scandal free" prior administration. 

https://apnews.com/article/9d2d5e28d661455da834aee66f54353a  

The IRS is an independent agency within the Treasury Department that enforces the nation’s tax laws. Revelations that the agency was targeting political groups because they were affiliated with a movement that is critical of President Barack Obama could become a new headache for the White House.

“The admission by the Obama administration that the Internal Revenue Service targeted political opponents echoes some of the most shameful abuses of government power in 20th century American history,” said House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio.

Many conservative groups complained during the campaign that they were being harassed by the IRS. They accused the agency of frustrating their attempts to become tax exempt by sending them lengthy, intrusive questionnaires.

21 minutes ago, Guardian said:

A republican controlled county did a bad job of counting their own votes? And it doesn’t come close to affecting anything?

Thoughts?

• Downvote 1

One county, 2600 votes and I think GA is split by about 14000 votes. That’s almost 20% of the current difference between Biden and trump. So 4 more counties with similar mistake could turn GA.

It’s a mistake that was made during the election that is in dispute. It makes a difference.

2 hours ago, Guardian said:

One county, 2600 votes and I think GA is split by about 14000 votes. That’s almost 20% of the current difference between Biden and trump. So 4 more counties with similar mistake could turn GA.

It’s a mistake that was made during the election that is in dispute. It makes a difference.

You suck at details dude. Almost like it's willfull ignorance...weird.

It wasn't 2600 ballots with Trump votes, it was 2600 ballots.  The third sentence in your own source says it's presumed to result in approximately +800 differential in favor of Trump. So you'd actually need 17 more counties with similar issues to make a difference, not 4.  Except that Floyd County is among the largest counties in Georgia that leans heavily Republican.  So in reality, you'd probably need similar issues in ~30 Republican counties to make a difference.  This is all assuming that your audit finds 30 discrepancies that result in +Trump differential, and none that result in +Biden differential.  0% chance of that happening.

What exactly is your issue?  Georgia self-initiated a hand recount/audit to make sure they got things right.  They found a discrepancy and they corrected it.  What more could you ask for?  When was the last time you sorted 5 million items into 2 categories and didn't make a single error?  Not to mention that the audit is part of the counting process, so to call it an 'error' isn't correct.  It's only an error if it's found after the vote count is certified.

Not to mention even if Georgia flipped, which it won't, it changes nothing. Move on with your life.

Edited by Mark1
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You suck at details dude. Almost like it's willfull ignorance...weird.
It wasn't 2600 ballots with Trump votes, it was 2600 ballots.  The third sentence in your own source says it's presumed to result in approximately +800 differential in favor of Trump. So you'd actually need 17 more counties with similar issues to make a difference, not 4.  Except that Floyd County is among the largest counties in Georgia that leans heavily Republican.  So in reality, you'd probably need similar issues in ~30 Republican counties to make a difference.  This is all assuming that your audit finds 30 discrepancies that result in +Trump differential, and none that result in +Biden differential.  0% chance of that happening.
What exactly is your issue?  Georgia self-initiated a hand recount/audit to make sure they got things right.  They found a discrepancy and they corrected it.  What more could you ask for?  When was the last time you sorted 5 million items into 2 categories and didn't make a single error?  Not to mention that the audit is part of the counting process, so to call it an 'error' isn't correct.  It's only an error if it's found after the vote count is certified.
Not to mention even if Georgia flipped, which it won't, it changes nothing. Move on with your life.

And not too mention the secretary of state in GA is a Republican. He's getting pressure from Rep lawmakers, to include L. Graham... Seems legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You suck at details dude.

Details like I never in my statements took a position?

Details like I never said that all 2600 were for trump? All I did was show you a percentage.

Never did define what a difference meant. It wasn’t defined in yours or my statements. Yes 2600 x 5 exceeds the current voting total differences between Biden and trump. I was giving a hypothetical.

It’s the current news cycle. Why can’t I ask you guys for opinions or pull out data and try to discuss? Why is that so offensive to you?

Seriously asking. Don’t understand the rationale. You mis quote me and mis guess at my intentions then get pissed off about it. Doesn’t make sense to me. I feel like I’m talking up to you on your high horse. Maybe you could ask me questions by what I mean instead of assuming.

Details like I never said that all 2600 were for trump? All I did was show you a percentage.

It’s the current news cycle. Why can’t I ask you guys for opinions or pull out data and try to discuss? Why is that so offensive to you?

Seriously asking. Don’t understand the rationale. You mis quote me and mis guess at my intentions then get pissed off about it. Doesn’t make sense to me.

The only way any of your math in the above comment works is if you assumed all 2600 votes were for Trump. The percentage isn't accurate otherwise. So I don't think he was offended, your comment was just misleading. I understand it probably wasn't purposely misleading, but to say he was misquoting you isn't exactly fair.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Baseops Network mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I get that there is a legal road the Trump party is going to pursue, but ultimately we've seen a number of these avenues slowly dry up.  A quick daily scan of POTUS twitter doesn't seem to paint a realistic grasp of his situation, and his resolve seems to strengthen each day and his vocabulary grows more desperate as he paints himself the victim of a grand conspiracy and the real winner.  Do you trump supporters think that, hypothetically if his legal avenues don't pan out and the electoral college votes Biden in he will simply change his tune and respect the process then or do you think he will fight until the 21st?

Also of note is a headline that Trump asked for military options vs Iran last week.  Veracity of the claims aside...how would that make you feel if it were true?

31 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Never did define what a difference meant. It wasn’t defined in yours or my statements. Yes 2600 x 5 exceeds the current voting total differences between Biden and trump. I was giving a hypothetical.

Seriously asking. Don’t understand the rationale. You mis quote me and mis guess at my intentions then get pissed off about it. Doesn’t make sense to me. I feel like I’m talking up to you on your high horse. Maybe you could ask me questions by what I mean instead of assuming.

You've made 8000 posts in this thread.  At one point last week you were averaging one post every 18 seconds.  Your position is well established.  Everybody including yourself knows why you chose to present this specific story in a long line of similarly themed things you've pointed towards over the last few weeks.  Feigning offense at the fact that I 'assumed' something because it wasn't explicitly contained within a paticular post won't get you anywhere with me.

It's time to face reality.  They said it couldn't be done, but George Soros and the New World Order organized the most complex conspiracy in the history of the world, infiltrated Dominion, and unleashed cutting edge CIA technology called Hammer and Scorecoard to surrupticiously steal the election without leaving a trace.  An entity capable of pulling that off isn't going to have left enough untied loose ends (like 2600 uncounted ballots in 30+ counties) lying around to make a difference.  It's over.  They won this battle.  Gotta reconstitute for the next one so you can win the war.

• Like 7
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, drewpey said:

I get that there is a legal road the Trump party is going to pursue, but ultimately we've seen a number of these avenues slowly dry up.  A quick daily scan of POTUS twitter doesn't seem to paint a realistic grasp of his situation, and his resolve seems to strengthen each day and his vocabulary grows more desperate as he paints himself the victim of a grand conspiracy and the real winner.  Do you trump supporters think that, hypothetically if his legal avenues don't pan out and the electoral college votes Biden in he will simply change his tune and respect the process then or do you think he will fight until the 21st?

Also of note is a headline that Trump asked for military options vs Iran last week.  Veracity of the claims aside...how would that make you feel if it were true?

Doesn't make me feel anything. He likely wanted to know what the US military options/plans against a belligerent Iran were before he announces complete withdrawal from Afghanistan and Iraq, given the strategic nature of those two border states in context to Iran. That would be something important to know before you permanently take that option away from your generals forever. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, FLEA said:

Doesn't make me feel anything. He likely wanted to know what the US military options/plans against a belligerent Iran were before he announces complete withdrawal from Afghanistan and Iraq, given the strategic nature of those two border states in context to Iran. That would be something important to know before you permanently take that option away from your generals forever. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/trump-iran-strike-nuclear-site-attack-b1723987.html

Here is the article. It would seem that if true it isn't really associated with Afghanistan at all, but retaliatory for not adhering to the Obama era program he threw away and didn't replace.

I get that "obama bad" and all, but hypothetically speaking...wouldnt a shitty agreement that minimizes their nuclear stockhold be better than no agreement which removes those restrictions and opens to door for more conflict. I was hoping he and or his Sec state would have come up with something better since he is a self reported deal master.

16 minutes ago, Negatory said:

It is interesting how normalized it seems for a president to hypothetically impose unilateral military action. Wasn’t this sort of thing designed to go through Congress?

I blame Bush and Obama.

Repeal the AUMF. Sitting on the Senate's stack of bills awaiting the turtle guy.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, drewpey said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/trump-iran-strike-nuclear-site-attack-b1723987.html

Here is the article. It would seem that if true it isn't really associated with Afghanistan at all, but retaliatory for not adhering to the Obama era program he threw away and didn't replace.

I get that "obama bad" and all, but hypothetically speaking...wouldnt a shitty agreement that minimizes their nuclear stockhold be better than no agreement which removes those restrictions and opens to door for more conflict. I was hoping he and or his Sec state would have come up with something better since he is a self reported deal master.

So to be honest I don't support the CVID strategy. However, one major concern with anything short of CVID is NPT strength. Once you start allowing states like Iran and North Korea to possess nuclear weapons the NPT is effectively meaningless and compliance is no longer required by anyone. That is a risky road to step down and we already started it with Pakistan/India. Tolerating North Korea and Iran, which are likely the next two steps, will likely mean a collapse of the NPT and the rapid acquisition of nuclear arms by several other states we would prefer to not have them. 

The US is not alone in this endeavor. Russia, France, Great Britain and China all have interest in preventing anymore nuclear powers. There is a very legitimate and real fear that once some of these smaller states with high corruption, low security, begin obtaining nuclear arms, the probably of a nuclear incident increases dramatically. 

Edit:  This is a good video where former secretary Perry describes the nature of nuclear strategy in the four hot spots of the world. Russia, China, North Korea and Iran. 

Edited by FLEA
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So reading that article.... whoever leaked that needs fired and needs to go to prison. Like, yes, I understand, its concerning for the public. However, you effectively leaked plans of a US military option on an adversary state to that state. The POTUS (this one or next) no longer has that military option now, as Iran will likely enact countermeasures. 

This was terribly fucking irresponsible. So now, when Biden walks back to the negotiation table to reenter the agreement, he is forced to start at a weaker negotiation position than previous because the amount of options we had under our BATNA is effectively reduced. 

This is fricken ridiculous. You cannot just leak shit because you don't like the policy. This irreversibly damages our national instruments of power. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mark1 said:

You've made 8000 posts in this thread.  At one point last week you were averaging one post every 18 seconds.  Your position is well established.  Everybody including yourself knows why you chose to present this specific story in a long line of similarly themed things you've pointed towards over the last few weeks.  Feigning offense at the fact that I 'assumed' something because it wasn't explicitly contained within a paticular post won't get you anywhere with me.

It's time to face reality.  They said it couldn't be done, but George Soros and the New World Order organized the most complex conspiracy in the history of the world, infiltrated Dominion, and unleashed cutting edge CIA technology called Hammer and Scorecoard to surrupticiously steal the election without leaving a trace.  An entity capable of pulling that off isn't going to have left enough untied loose ends (like 2600 uncounted ballots in 30+ counties) lying around to make a difference.  It's over.  They won this battle.  Gotta reconstitute for the next one so you can win the war.

And not only did they orchestrate such a complex conspiracy...they covered it up by losing seats in the House and failing to capture a majority in the Senate.

Really masterful...someone with less experience would have used that voter fraud to tip the legislature in their direction as well, but Soros is a real mastermind...

Blanket /s for anyone who even remotely believes this tinfoil hat nonsense.  Trump lost...pack it in, try again in 2024.  I'm no fan of Biden, but this shit is just getting embarassing.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1