The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

Any other Pres gone through this many SecDef's in so short a time?  New guy probably not going to get confirmed, so not sure if he should count.  Looks like any other Pres that went through so many did it over 8 years.

Wikipedia's got a nice color-code for acting/confirmed.  Pres. Trump's time looks starkly different to the rest, which is interesting.

2 hours ago, slackline said:

To go back to something quickly from over the weekend.  I've thought more about it.  AOC's list of Trump supporters, IMHO, is wrong.  I think it returns to a dark time in our Nation's past.  Shows her immaturity, and I hope she's able to grow up a little.

She's not going to. She's the embodiment of a Useful Idiot.

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, Lord Ratner said:

Precisely. There is effectively no comparison between the two countries, yet somehow we think the leadership is the reason for the disparities? 

That's like comparing NYC to Catalina island. 

Australia then.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 17D_guy said:

Australia then.

3.2 people/km² - Australia

36 people/km² - USA

Melbourne - 500 people/km² (20,700± in Inner Melbourne, 15km² of dense area)

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/australia-population-density-fastest-growing-regions-2019-3

NYC - 10,600 people/km² (28,000-38,000 in Manhattan, 783 km² of dense area)

We have about double the number of Chinese visitors as Australia. They are an island. We have 13 times the population.

And it looks like their plan, as many do, on a vaccine that it looks like the US will be responsible for.

Trump's failure was allowing doctors to act as policy makers. But the opposition has staked their entire argument on trusting the science and listening to the doctors, so by their own words they would have made that mistake in even more spectacular fashion.

But the real point is, perhaps Australia will have done better, even if you control for the innumerable differences in demographics. Surely someone will emerge the winner. But we're not going to know that for at least a year, once the virus has had a chance to run its course.

How did WI and MI get 90+% voter turn out, and 100+% turnout in the blue counties? 

Why are votes being subtracted on CNN? 

Is this video doctored? Why would votes ever be decremented? Any good explanations? 

Edited by Seadogs

1 hour ago, Seadogs said:

How did WI and MI get 90+% voter turn out, and 100+% turnout in the blue counties? 

From a post I made earlier:

Same day voter registration is the missing factor for the higher number of votes than the number of registered voters on 1 Nov. From the fivethirtyeight blog:

To give you an idea of how much same-day registration can change things, let’s look at the impact in North Carolina in 2016, as recorded in a report by the Southern Coalition for Social Justice. In that election, more than 100,000 voters registered at the same time they voted. Now, North Carolina does this a little differently than other states with same-day registration in that it only applies to early voting, not on Election Day proper. But you can see how it could easily make a big change in voter registration numbers. What’s more, at least in North Carolina, same-day registration doesn’t seem to be disproportionately used by one party or the other. In 2016, 35 percent of SDR users were Democrats, 34 percent were Republicans and 30 percent were unaffiliated. 

6 minutes ago, Breckey said:

From a post I made earlier:

The BBC refutes your "Social Justice" source. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-37243190

Watch the turnout figures ‒ they can be a big giveaway.

You never get a 98% or 99% turnout in an honest election. You just don't.

Voting is compulsory in Gabon, but it is not enforced; even in Australia where it is enforced, where you can vote by post or online and can be fined for not voting, turnout only reaches 90-95%.

The main reason that a full turnout is practically impossible is that electoral registers, even if they are recently compiled, can rarely be 100% up-to-date.

This is looking like a 3rd world country election with Democrats offering sizable resistance. 

This fight is far from over. We need questions answered about "software" called hammer and scorecard. Thousands are coming out with affidavits about fraud. USPS postal workers coming out under oath saying there was widespread fraud in MI and PA. 

How can anyone even think this is over yet? Legacy media does NOT have the authority to call elections. PA votes will likely not be certified at this rate. GA and MI headed that way and possibly WI, especially with their majority of Republican state legislatures. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Seadogs said:

Benford's law. Not to be used as a single source of evidence but a starting point. There is something wrong with the vote counts. "The data is manipulated."

Biden got it brother.  Good on him.  Shananigans? Maybe. There's always voter shananigans.  Biden got it.  And you know what, don't take me out back and beat the shit out of me, but I didn't want to hear anymore Trump.  Shut the up and be glad the Republicans kept the Senate.  That's huge.  We're ok with Biden.  Look forward.  I understand your enthusiasm, but politics take time.  A long time. We're good.

He fucking lost guys.  Get over it.  Your tin foil hat schtick is embarrassing and, frankly, worrisome in that you guys probably hold security clearances.

The GOP held the Senate.  President Trump outperformed himself with virtually all minority groups compared to 2016. The Democrats lost a dozen House seats when they were supposed to gain a dozen.  The squad scared off a lot of independents.  From a strictly partisan point of view there is much to be satisfied with if you are a Republican.  But the President got his ass handed to him by a larger margin than he won 4 years ago.  The networks called it, as they do every year, when the states report a sufficient number of ballots.  IT IS OVER.  

This would be a great time for the POTUS to show some grace, class, humility, integrity, and leadership.

While we are waiting for that, here is a textbook example:

Edited by HercDude
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Also make sure everyone knows your Parler username so you can trade voting conspiracy theories, what about Hillary's emails, Obama's birth certificate forgeries, how Biden's the worst person on the planet cause he's a career politician (even though McConnell has served three months less in the Senate compared to Biden, almost 36 years).

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Seadogs said:

Why are votes being subtracted on CNN? 

Is this video doctored? Why would votes ever be decremented? Any good explanations? 

AP reports MI turnout to be 71%. https://apnews.com/article/record-votes-michigan-highest-turnout-1f7802d2a2e67966ba8ccb02e3d1cbed
WI reported to be 72%. https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-joe-biden-donald-trump-wisconsin-elections-c14705ea715877b472454e57df022a91

Not sure where you got 90%, but the lesson for rational human beings is that Eric Trump’s Twitter page may not be the unbridled truth. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Seadogs said:

Thousands are coming out with affidavits about fraud. USPS postal workers coming out under oath saying there was widespread fraud in MI and PA.

Site your source you dumb motherfucker.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

6 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

3.2 people/km² - Australia

36 people/km² - USA

Melbourne - 500 people/km² (20,700± in Inner Melbourne, 15km² of dense area)

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/australia-population-density-fastest-growing-regions-2019-3

NYC - 10,600 people/km² (28,000-38,000 in Manhattan, 783 km² of dense area)

We have about double the number of Chinese visitors as Australia. They are an island. We have 13 times the population.

And it looks like their plan, as many do, on a vaccine that it looks like the US will be responsible for.

Trump's failure was allowing doctors to act as policy makers. But the opposition has staked their entire argument on trusting the science and listening to the doctors, so by their own words they would have made that mistake in even more spectacular fashion.

But the real point is, perhaps Australia will have done better, even if you control for the innumerable differences in demographics. Surely someone will emerge the winner. But we're not going to know that for at least a year, once the virus has had a chance to run its course.

There plan is not to rely on a vaccine, they're opening back up now after a lock down with very low case counts.

Just so we're clear...there's no nation outside the US we can compare response to then unless they're having problems right now according to your requirements?

Can you control for an American city similar to Melbourne, like SLC, or Portland...or somewhere else?

I’m genuinely curious to hear from a few pro-Biden/never-Trumpers just exactly what do you foresee that will improve in your life under a Biden presidency. Will your job security/satisfaction increase? Your wealth or family’s security? Your satisfaction with your identity as an American? I for one have a negative outlook on all of those areas. Curious to hear other perspectives.
IMG_1023.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

49 minutes ago, pcola said:

I’m genuinely curious to hear from a few pro-Biden/never-Trumpers just exactly what do you foresee that will improve in your life under a Biden presidency. Will your job security/satisfaction increase? Your wealth or family’s security? Your satisfaction with your identity as an American? I for one have a negative outlook on all of those areas. Curious to hear other perspectives.
IMG_1023.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

I guess the first thing to improve would be a Biden Presidency won't echo talking points from the GRU.

Secondly, we might not get a new SecDef every 9 months.

Thirdly, DOD and DOS policy might actually synch better, have more thought out strategy, and we won't have to react based on Twitter diplomacy.

Finally, the "F!@#$ your Feelings" group would have a lot of crow feathers to pick out of their teeth.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Seadogs said:

This fight is far from over. We need questions answered about "software" called hammer and scorecard. Thousands are coming out with affidavits about fraud. USPS postal workers coming out under oath saying there was widespread fraud in MI and PA. 

How can anyone even think this is over yet? Legacy media does NOT have the authority to call elections. PA votes will likely not be certified at this rate. GA and MI headed that way and possibly WI, especially with their majority of Republican state legislatures. 

Did Q tell you this?

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

The appearance of cheating needs to be dealt with. Michigan it WI, I forget which, just had 20,000 votes for Biden taken down

Some outlets have now un-called PA.

It might be over and Biden might have won. However the election needs to be protected and looked into. Both sides should be able to appreciate that.

7 hours ago, 17D_guy said:

There plan is not to rely on a vaccine, they're opening back up now after a lock down with very low case counts.

Just so we're clear...there's no nation outside the US we can compare response to then unless they're having problems right now according to your requirements?

Can you control for an American city similar to Melbourne, like SLC, or Portland...or somewhere else?

Hardly. If they are opening back up and plan on no vaccine, what exactly do we think is going to happen? This isn't the Andromeda Strain, it's still contagious and still fatal to old people. What happened here when we did that in Texas. How about Germany? 

We can't effectively compare responses until the virus has run its course. Once it's like the flu, just a thing we live with and pops off 50-100k per year. That will be either summer of 2021 or 2022. We can make comparisons now, they just won't be useful.

I worked the election processing ballots.... keeping an eye on a voting machine..making sure that initials were in the right spot, paper jams got cleared... In a high school gym full of tables, workers, machines etc.  Nine hour shift which was a bit sporting for the older folks..but they pressed on..  NOW, the highest levels of  the Republican party (starting with Donald Trump) and many party members are all but accusing me and co-workers of fraud, mis-handling paperwork, forgery and in general just being a herd of mopes. BTW..we had an official election observer..spent most of his time perched on a chair screwing with his phone... Some locations had armed demonstrators banging on windows.  I am truly beginning to wonder about people who took an oath to "support and defend the Constitution from all enemies foreign and Domestic"  Have I become a Domestic Enemy?  Do I need to be defended against?  Any other potential Domestic Enemies you fighting men need to deal with?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1