The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

42 minutes ago, Seadogs said:

You guys believe MSM and the polls way too much. Guess their tactics are working though. On a military forum where many see combat, people think and want Biden to win. Now that is an interesting data point.

The interesting point is you questioning people on this forum’s service because they don’t share the same political opinion as you.  Or how military members/veterans are supposed to support Trump, you know, the guy who skirted service himself due to “bone spurs.” You also said “see you tomorrow” to someone else, assuming all the ballots will be counted immediately after tomorrow. Apparently you’ve never witnessed a Presidential Election where it takes some states days, and possibly weeks, after the close of the polls to count the voters depending on state law. For instance, Colorado state law says that ballots have to be in by 7pm (MST) tomorrow night once the polls close. However, if a voter was notified there was an issue with their ballot, they have up to eight days, nine days this year due to the eight day falling on Veteran’s Day, to correct their ballot to be counted. Many states don’t even allow counting of ballots until after the polls close.

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/01/930140373/fact-check-trump-falsely-claims-that-votes-shouldnt-be-counted-after-election-da

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Kiloalpha said:

If the news/polls end up being “kind of right” I think we get here after the thousands of court cases/appeals. PA could very well be red, but their ballot counting clusterfuck will likely turn it blue. I have a second, more optimistic map for Republicans, but there’s no way in hell I’d put money on it.

0DbjP.png

If Trump wins the “Southern Route,” Pennsylvania is even more key. But much like your map I don’t see him winning Arizona, and I’m 50/50 if he’ll win Georgia or Florida, which if Biden wins one of the five “Southern Route” states, Trump is screwed. But we all know a state could flip at the last second. I think Florida is going to be just as contested as 2000 and that the SCOTUS is going to see another version Bush v. Gore.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

The interesting point is you questioning people on this forum’s service because they don’t share the same political opinion as you.  Or how military members/veterans are supposed to support Trump, you know, the guy who skirted service himself due to “bone spurs.” You also said “see you tomorrow” to someone else, assuming all the ballots will be counted immediately after tomorrow. Apparently you’ve never witnessed a Presidential Election where it takes some states days, and possibly weeks, after the close of the polls to count the voters depending on state law. For instance, Colorado state law says that ballots have to be in by 7pm (MST) tomorrow night once the polls close. However, if a voter was notified there was an issue with their ballot, they have up to eight days, nine days this year due to the eight day falling on Veteran’s Day, to correct their ballot to be counted. Many states don’t even allow counting of ballots until after the polls close.

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/01/930140373/fact-check-trump-falsely-claims-that-votes-shouldnt-be-counted-after-election-da

Thanks for putting words in my mouth. Did I question anyone's service? Simply a data point in my opinion. Be offended though. Seems like that is what you are best at. 

4 hours ago, Seadogs said:

You guys believe MSM and the polls way too much. Guess their tactics are working though. On a military forum where many see combat, people think and want Biden to win. Now that is an interesting data point.

Agree, except: .  many see combat,  No, most do not see combat. On this forum, or in civilian life.

I agree with your point above. Interesting data point for sure.

4 hours ago, pcola said:

Some very good points made in this article.
TLDR: Biden winning tomorrow will be a silver lining for the conservative long game.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/11/republicans-choice-trump-or-2024/

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Always tough to predict the future. 

The article mentions some of the differences between then and now, but a huge one is how far left some mainstream portions of the democrat party already are. There is a risk of a lot of damage being done in only 4 years of a Harris administration with Joe Biden as President. 

Beyond that, is there even a Reagan waiting in the wings? He challenged Ford in the primary and was already establishing himself as a true conservative and leader. I don’t see anyone right now in the Republican Party that could be that person. 

Another item from that article that I personally think conservatives make a mistake on is having the pro-life/pro-choice debate be a cornerstone of their policy. Most younger conservatives I know are actually pro-choice, and I think many conservative leaning women sometimes get turned off by the heavy pro-life factions of the Republican Party. 

It will be interesting to see what happens today, or maybe in the next few days and weeks?

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, kaputt said:

Beyond that, is there even a Reagan waiting in the wings? He challenged Ford in the primary and was already establishing himself as a true conservative and leader. I don’t see anyone right now in the Republican Party that could be that person.

Crenshaw!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

I don’t see how he was questioning anyone’s military service- giving him the benefit of the doubt it sounds like he’s just perplexed why military members would vote for Biden; especially since Biden was the VP during the gutting of the military during sequestration which cost many fellow aviator lives. Trump’s bone spurs? Don’t care..what conflict did Biden and Harris serve in? What conflict did Obama serve in? Trump’s policies have been very positive for the national defense of this country.  

Also most Biden supporters do realize he’s just filler right? His handlers will move him aside ASAP for Kamala who had 4% in the primary in terms of popularity.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pcola said:

Some very good points made in this article.
TLDR: Biden winning tomorrow will be a silver lining for the conservative long game.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/11/republicans-choice-trump-or-2024/

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

I have to disagree with that one. Republicans have made winning elections the goal instead of conservative policy. They might get a big win in 2024 is Biden wins today, but for what?

The hilarious irony is that Donald Trump, the great vulgarian, has accomplished more conservative policy goals than any Republican in the past 50 years. I really do wish there was a way to get that without the tweeting, the narcissism, or any of the other myriad character flaws he possesses. But there isn't. And Kamala, who has a decent chance at being president, publicly called for equality of outcome. No thanks.

1 hour ago, dream big said:

I don’t see how he was questioning anyone’s military service- giving him the benefit of the doubt it sounds like he’s just perplexed why military members would vote for Biden; especially since Biden was the VP during the gutting of the military during sequestration which cost many fellow aviator lives. Trump’s bone spurs? Don’t care..what conflict did Biden and Harris serve in? What conflict did Obama serve in? Trump’s policies have been very positive for the national defense of this country.  

Also most Biden supporters do realize he’s just filler right? His handlers will move him aside ASAP for Kamala who had 4% in the primary in terms of popularity.

Sequestration cost aviator lives? Go on. I’m sure having a minority woman as POTUS scares the shit out of you hilfuck Texas.

• Downvote 9

1 hour ago, dream big said:

he’s just perplexed why military members would vote for Biden

Just as many of us are perplexed at how military members could ever support such a monumentally incompetent commander in chief. No, I’m not going to waste my time writing a Medium essay here to outline all the reasons why I think Trump is a dumbass. I don’t care why you like Trump. I’m not going to vote for him because he’s a piece of shit human being, imho, and when invited to rise to the challenge of bringing America through a crisis he failed bigly, again, imho (feel free to disagree and think what you like). I like his Supreme Court justices, sure, so the Machiavelli in me is grateful for that I guess. I also like to own the libs every now and then, but 4 years of this has be ready for a different style. But to me character still matters. A lot. And comparing Biden to Trump.....there’s nothing redeeming for me about Trump. I want to be able to tell my grandkids that I never voted for that guy. 

Give me Crenshaw or Give me Death. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Homestar said:

Just as many of us are perplexed at how military members could ever support such a monumentally incompetent commander in chief. No, I’m not going to waste my time writing a Medium essay here to outline all the reasons why I think Trump is a dumbass. I don’t care why you like Trump. I’m not going to vote for him because he’s a piece of shit human being, imho, and when invited to rise to the challenge of bringing America through a crisis he failed bigly, again, imho (feel free to disagree and think what you like). I like his Supreme Court justices, sure, so the Machiavelli in me is grateful for that I guess. I also like to own the libs every now and then, but 4 years of this has be ready for a different style. But to me character still matters. A lot. And comparing Biden to Trump.....there’s nothing redeeming for me about Trump. I want to be able to tell my grandkids that I never voted for that guy. 

Give me Crenshaw or Give me Death. 

Don't let perfect be the enemy of good.

• Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Sua Sponte said:

Sequestration cost aviator lives? Go on. I’m sure having a minority woman as POTUS scares the shit out of you hilfuck Texas.

Huh? I happen to be a minority and will give you multiple female minorities I would love to have for POTUS (Rice, Haley, etc); I just don’t find someone appealing who whores herself out to married men while attacking her opponents about decency, brags about smoking MJ while putting thousands of blacks in prison while screeching about racism.  Try again. 

Yes..sequestration led to a rise in incidents that cost lives why is that so triggering to some people? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Absolutely. The first pirate president, and someone who actually can explain their position. And a hero. Landslide victory.

Yang vs Crenshaw. How nice would it be to vote for the greater of two goods for once. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

The average young fighter dude in a Marine Hornet squadron from '13-'16 got about 100hrs a year. Some fewer. We had multiple fatalities in that period due to poor maintenance and resulting lack of training in the community. Yes, sequestration cost the lives of aviators.

Nice personal attack that has come to be the standard from someone who apparently espouses beliefs like yourself.

Edited by VMFA187
  • Upvote 1

The Harris/Biden campaign waited until many people had early voted before she posted this cute Twitter clip. “Equality of outcome, so we all end up at the same place”, is contrary to what has made America an environment which people across the globe seek out. I absolutely accept that many people, don’t start off on the small place. But if we start to expect the “Government” to ensure we’re all ending the same, that’s the opposite of freedom.

• Like 2