The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

Highest employment numbers for Americans.  (with whatever hyphen you might want to add) EVER. RECORDED. You can argue that the rich made money but the rich always will and people who were making ZERO money were making dollars. 

What?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, uhhello said:

Do you honestly think there is ANYONE left in this country who hasn't had their mind made up and then some?  Trump could shoot someone in the street and his base wouldn't care.  

Rather depends on who he shot and why.

1 hour ago, brickhistory said:

Rather depends on who he shot and why.

What if we just did elections 1800's style and turned them into pistol duals. First blood draw, your electoral votes determine your pistol and vice president picks act as seconds. If you sweep the electoral map, Keanu Reaves comes in and takes your shots for you. 

Satire of course. 

Edited by FLEA

3 hours ago, slackline said:

Rallies aren’t a good example my friend. The fanatics are the ones that go to Trump rallies, so that’s not anymore enthusiasm than normal.

This morning, I waited 1.5 hours outside in the rain, in a line that stretched around the courthouse to vote early. No one in line was wearing political gear, but many were wearing red.

Around the town square, people were in chairs under umbrellas holding Trump signs while the passing traffic honked, gave thumbs up, etc.

I got inside, got my ballot from the clerk who said it had been like this for days. ( I know, I stopped by two other days last week and the line was too long). As I'm voting, the clerk explains to the 50-60 year old man immediately behind me that he could vote a straight ticket if he wanted. He said "What's that mean? I'm sorry, I've never voted before."

That's just my little corner of the world, but I have never ever seen anything like it, and neither had anyone around me in line I was talking to.

I do agree with your point about the economy. We're f'd six ways from Sunday. We're in a false recovery. Whoever is POTUS will have one of the biggest economic meltdowns ever on their watch.

Edited by torqued
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, TreeA10 said:

Highest employment numbers for Americans.  (with whatever hyphen you might want to add) EVER. RECORDED.

Highest deficit numbers for America. (with whatever hyphen you might want to add). EVER. RECORDED. 

Kicking the can down the road to artificially prop up the economy by multiplying the deficit in the short term is genius political strategy I must say. Surprised to see it work so well on here. 

There's a huge amount of confounding factors affecting deficit/employment, of which the President has little control over.

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, TreeA10 said:

Yeah...so...who cares?  This is very much what have you done for me lately.  The R's...nothing.

4 hours ago, torqued said:

This morning, I waited 1.5 hours outside in the rain, in a line that stretched around the courthouse to vote early. No one in line was wearing political gear, but many were wearing red.

Around the town square, people were in chairs under umbrellas holding Trump signs while the passing traffic honked, gave thumbs up, etc.

I got inside, got my ballot from the clerk who said it had been like this for days. ( I know, I stopped by two other days last week and the line was too long). As I'm voting, the clerk explains to the 50-60 year old man immediately behind me that he could vote a straight ticket if he wanted. He said "What's that mean? I'm sorry, I've never voted before."

That's just my little corner of the world, but I have never ever seen anything like it, and neither had anyone around me in line I was talking to.

Good!

My question to the liberals on this board is, what do you stand for?  What do you actually get up in the morning and think, if this went away, I'm doomed. Or if it goes this way, I've got it made in the shade.  In case you didn't ask, I'll tell you what I stand for.  I stand for liberty.  Freedom.  I live on 37 acres.  In the woods.  Rural.  Can't get that easy anywhere else on earth. I treasure that.  That's liberty (From HOAs) and freedom.  I make my own decisions.  The grocery store is pretty far down the road.  I have a garden. I have a well.  I have chickens and goats.  Whenever I decide I need to gather up a burn pile of deadfall that's the size of a Dominos store, I pile it up and burn it. I treasure that.  There are no restrictions.  There are no HOAs.  I look at people that live in urban and suburban life and I can see why they would want to depend on the government, especially if it all went down hill.  I want as little gov't involvement as possible, especially if it goes down hill.  Have liberals given up on being independent and pioneering?

/Rant/ Males (definitely not men) in this country have devolved to phoning it in to living in the suburbs.  They don't know how to change a tire.  They don't don't know how to grow food.  They don't know how to fish.  They certainly can't field dress a deer. They don't know how to do anything except to watch Netflix and order in.  They are all caught up in the liberal bullshit of the day: transgender/#metoo/blacklivesmatter. Maybe that's ok for generations that are overtaking me.  I don't subscribe to that mentality or lifestyle.  I think it is a shame.  

/Rant off/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, filthy_liar said:

My question to the liberals on this board is, what do you stand for?  What do you actually get up in the morning and think, if this went away, I'm doomed. Or if it goes this way, I've got it made in the shade.  In case you didn't ask, I'll tell you what I stand for.  I stand for liberty.  Freedom.  I live on 37 acres.  In the woods.  Rural.  Can't get that easy anywhere else on earth. I treasure that.  That's liberty (From HOAs) and freedom.  I make my own decisions.  The grocery store is pretty far down the road.  I have a garden. I have a well.  I have chickens and goats.  Whenever I decide I need to gather up a burn pile of deadfall that's the size of a Dominos store, I pile it up and burn it. I treasure that.  There are no restrictions.  There are no HOAs.  I look at people that live in urban and suburban life and I can see why they would want to depend on the government, especially if it all went down hill.  I want as little gov't involvement as possible, especially if it goes down hill.  Have liberals given up on being independent and pioneering?

/Rant/ Males (definitely not men) in this country have devolved to phoning it in to living in the suburbs.  They don't know how to change a tire.  They don't don't know how to grow food.  They don't know how to fish.  They certainly can't field dress a deer. They don't know how to do anything except to watch Netflix and order in.  They are all caught up in the liberal bullshit of the day: transgender/#metoo/blacklivesmatter. Maybe that's ok for generations that are overtaking me.  I don't subscribe to that mentality or lifestyle.  I think it is a shame.  

/Rant off/

Not a liberal but literally NONE of that matters. Although I'm sure some grandpa's back during WW2 bemoaned that the worlds greatest generation didn't know how to change wagon wheels or work a plow. 

The world is changing. Self sufficiency is a nice ideal but you have to recognize civilization is held on the pillars of cooperation, not on the pillars of individualism. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, filthy_liar said:

/Rant off/

Please tell me...do you masturbate while looking at ol stars and stripes?

You seem to have an interesting view on how everyone else besides you lives.  Where did the suburbs touch you?

Gotta go...have to catch up on the liberal bullshit of the day!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, filthy_liar said:

So, idiot responses. As expected.  Good job.

In all seriousness what did you expect. You clearly live in a bubble. You can change tires and grow your own food, great.  What about your interpersonal skills?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, filthy_liar said:

what do you stand for?  What do you actually get up in the morning and think, if this went away, I'm doomed. Or if it goes this way, I've got it made in the shade.

I try not to base my world view solely on my self interest, but on what I feel will make the world a better place. Sometimes they overlap, sometimes they don't.

25 minutes ago, filthy_liar said:

There are no HOAs.

Really got it out for them HOAs.

27 minutes ago, filthy_liar said:

Males (definitely not men)

(Definitely not insecure about masculinity, now check out the muffler on my lifted truck)

29 minutes ago, filthy_liar said:

I don't subscribe to that mentality or lifestyle.  I think it is a shame.

I'm genuinely glad you found what makes you happy, but it's confusing to me why you care so much about what makes other people happy being the independent pioneer you are.

2 minutes ago, filthy_liar said:

Very mature of you to follow up on your post with more insults. 

• Like 1

Yeah, damn liberals and their...grocery stores?

But you're right, I guess I should have given you more of a response.

I'm really glad that your farming and hunting has given you such fulfillment. Seriously, it's awesome. But just because you like your way of life, doesn't mean everyone else would. And it definitely doesn't mean they are lesser men because they don't.

I guarantee the vast majority of people on this board, conservative or liberal, old or young, don't live semi-isolated on 37 acres. Sorry those of us that live in cities and suburbs and dont grow or hunt most of our food are such a disappointment to you. But the ability to field dress a deer has nothing to do with the quality of a person or their "manliness".

Sent from my SM-N975U using Baseops Network mobile app

• Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, FLEA said:

Not a liberal but literally NONE of that matters. Although I'm sure some grandpa's back during WW2 bemoaned that the worlds greatest generation didn't know how to change wagon wheels or work a plow. 

The world is changing. Self sufficiency is a nice ideal but you have to recognize civilization is held on the pillars of cooperation, not on the pillars of individualism. 

What?  Did you just read what you just typed?  The world is changing?  Thanks for coming out.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, filthy_liar said:

I stand for liberty.  Freedom.  I live on 37 acres.  In the woods.  Rural.  Can't get that easy anywhere else on earth. I treasure that.  That's liberty (From HOAs) and freedom.  I make my own decisions.

I stand for popping bottles, cashing checks, generally having a good time, and sexy adventures around the world.

But hey you go have fun with all that freedom and all those, uh....goats.

55 minutes ago, filthy_liar said:

Not one of you morons answered the question.  I didn't expect anything less.  Just insults.  Good job.  Thank you, liberals.

I thought getting triggered was a lib thing? 

Look man, the only one name calling insults here is you, everyone else is either making fun of arrogant and denigrating parts of your post or responding to some of the things you said in good faith. If you ask genuine questions you will get genuine responses, as has been shown time and time again on this forum. Don't expect respect if you don't give it. Don't know how you haven't learned that one yet.

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, FLEA said:

Individualism, yes. It's why we are different from so many other civilizations.

Isolation, no.

• Upvote 1