The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

Politics have been polarized for some time.  Who was the last Republican Presidential Candidate that the media and Democrats, but I repeat myself, called a Nazi?  Say they were going to starve old people?  Trump didn't start that, it's been going on for a while.  Trump decided not to go along to get along and refused to accept the usual spiel from Democrats and their media mouthpieces.  Blaming it on Trump is failing to look at the historical record.

Edited by TreeA10
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, slackline said:

Trump is the guy, over the last 4 years, who has driven this country further left. Supporting this narcissist’s behavior, I fear, will ultimately play a huge part in the downfall of this country if we don’t figure a way to come back to center on many issues.

I agree with this.  However, the flip side is exactly true and defines where we are as a country.  The left is driven further left by Trump.  At the same time, the right is driven further right by the Clintons, Obamas, Sanders, Pelosis and Bidens of the world.  They are the reason we ended up with Trump.  

The Democratic Party owns the vast majority of the bullshit that is going on right now or has gone on in the last few years.  They own the violence in major cities, BLM, Antifa, the defund the police movement, the identity politics, The Squad, the Russian Collusion hoax, the impeachment, the Kavanaugh hearings, Epstein, Weinstein, Carlos Danger, the cancel culture, the media and the mishandling of the Virus response/endless lockdowns on the state level.  

Edited by lloyd christmas
  • Like 2

@jazzdude Oh I get it, but my overall point is tax increase shouldn’t be a consideration until trimming all the bullshit. I’m not increasing my kid’s allowance because “he doesn’t have enough for gas” while he simultaneously continues to spend $30/week at the arcade. You can either not drive kid, or you can, while forgoing the nice-to-have arcade time. Simple fiscal responsibility, that’s all many Americans are asking for, and not receiving from all corners of the government. We’re not against better healthcare, but we are against “dial up taxes to 11” as the means to achieve it.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

How about we stop giving tax cuts with no corresponding decrease in expenditure? Or just close the current "loopholes" that allow for tax avoidance? Or we have a spending/tax plan for all of our overseas vacations instead of having a bottomless pit of OCO funds. This would have the added benefit of making politicians pay a price for us being deployed for 30 years.

25 minutes ago, Breckey said:

How about we stop giving tax cuts with no corresponding decrease in expenditure? Or just close the current "loopholes" that allow for tax avoidance? Or we have a spending/tax plan for all of our overseas vacations instead of having a bottomless pit of OCO funds. This would have the added benefit of making politicians pay a price for us being deployed for 30 years.

Tax/Spending reform would be awesome to see. I’m a pretty liberal guy socially, but I would be intrigued by a serious fiscal reform plan. Unfortunately, neither party is serious about this. You could argue that the tea party movement came close, but they never had a fiscal reform plan other than “not a single tax penny more”. There was never a serious effort to close tax loopholes or cut wasteful spending. The willingness to support all things Trump just further proves that to the modern Republican Party, fiscal reform is little more than a talking point to appease voters. At least the Dems are true to their “tax and spend” motto. 

If someone submitted a plan that required Congress to hold spending (including debt payment) to what the treasury takes in and could hold Congress to that agreement, I'd would be onboard at taking a look at raising taxes to get the fiscal house in order.  Unfortunately, the power to tax/borrow and spend, i.e. the power to reward donors/voters and punish those that your donors/voters don't like, is a power Congress is unlikely to give up.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We need a reset button. By no means advocating revolution, it would just be awesome to fire every single elected official at the federal level, so people understand their job security isn't so secure, and then elect people that understand what their job is: make the country work well.

That's not so much to ask, right? Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slackline said:

We need a reset button. By no means advocating revolution, it would just be awesome to fire every single elected official at the federal level, so people understand their job security isn't so secure, and then elect people that understand what their job is: make the country work well.

Clancy had it figured out decades ago

6 hours ago, slackline said:

The equivalent to this for the right would be me going out and posting a video of some militia, or white power group

Go for it.  KKK and "white power groups" support Corrupt Biden. Right-wing ideology support constitution with law and order. All of violence has been by the left.

Better yet, put a red MAGA hat and visit your local liberal strong hold. 

Edited by Sim
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Go for it.  KKK and "white power groups" support Corrupt Biden. Right-wing ideology support constitution with law and order. All of violence has been by the left.

This guy is a troll, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Sim said:

What part of the GRU do you work for?

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

I've been reading a lot on the science behind political blame following crises lately and found this nugget that I thought was interesting. 

Which raises one last question of history and political leadership. A “swine flu” scare struck the United States in 1976 in the midst of a presidential campaign. Gerald Ford reacted aggressively and endorsed mass immunization. When people fell ill or died after receiving the vaccine, and when the feared pandemic never materialized, Ford’s plan backfired and may have contributed to his defeat that November. When AIDS struck in 1981, Ronald Reagan ignored the epidemic throughout his entire first term. Yet he won reelection in a landslide. The current administration, thankfully, has not followed Reagan’s lead. Will it succeed where Ford went awry? Initial assessments of the U.S. government’s response have been mixed. The history of epidemics offers considerable advice, but only if people know the history and respond with wisdom.

-David Jones, M.D. "History in Crises - Lessons From COVID-19"

In reviewing his whole article it is clear to me where Trump is on the pandemic now. He is either lucky, or is actually listening to some very astute political advisors. Jones had some great context in the rest of the article if you check it out. But basically, downplaying the virus was about the smartest thing Trump could do.

Another good one Kirlin "COVID-19 Upends Pandemic Plan" which as a military planner is fascinating. In short, Kirlin looked at the CDC pandemic plan and recognized there were no decision points in it. Basically, the CDC wrote the plan in 2009 under direction of Obama following the H1N1 scare. The problem was, the CDC at this point in time, felt their roll in a pandemic was limited to providing protective guidance to communities and hospitals on how to prevent infection spread (like hospital procedures and handwashing techniques). They had no idea that the most important means of social protection (enforced social distancing, quarantine, closing businesses) would require the executive authority of elected political leaders (mayors, governors, POTUS) to make decisions. So there was no pre-identified COAs, decision points, or information requirements to make those decisions which led to a massive analysis-paralysis at the onset of the pandemic while government lawyers spun their wheels trying to figure out what orders they could legally give. (Something that should have been figured out in the plan already). 

I write all of that because its becoming clear to me the phenomenon of political blame is more nuanced than we often understand and as government employees we should recognize more than most that many of the big muscle movements big government makes are influenced and motivated by career employees who have been with the government for years. POTUS often puts their own flavor on things but the truth is events would probably play out very similarly in many ways if Hillary was in office now as well. 

Just interesting food for thought. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I seriously don’t understand how the media is not coving it or keeping it under wraps that Biden is directly connected to pay for play scheme with two enemy foreign super powers. And it’s been going on for a long time. At the very least massive fraud sending his son in Air Force 2 to go make some dolla bills. Doesn’t seem like liberals and Democrats really care about morals and laws. Just....”orange man bad!” It doesn’t seem to matter all of the good things a president has done, if he doesn’t talk in the manner you think he should, then he’s bad. Get him out.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Republicans before October 2020: OMG the media is all lies, and we can't trust unnamed sources!

Republicans in October 2020: We should trust the media that was shadily given this mysterious hard drive and won't produce actual copies with metadata

My favorite part of GRU-toberfest 2020 is how we pretend Republicans suddenly care about pay to play schemes.  No tears were shed over the past 4 years as foreigners quite literally pay for access to Trump via Mar a Lago and other businesses that he maintains control over in direct violation of the emoluments clause of that precious document you swore to uphold and defend.  Kushner and company are selling visas to chinese investors and soliciting investors on the taxpayers dime for his 666 5th avenue property.  You guys are a hoot.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Straw man. You made up a narrative about republicans, claim to know what they believe or are doing in Oct (which facts don’t support) and then spout some drivel based on it. Now that’s the (leftist)reporting the country is used to!

On a side note, it’s been independently verified to be his laptop. And if it wasn’t his, why did his lawyer contact the man who had it asking for it back? Yeah. Pretty mysterious how the left leaning FBI won’t produce it. I agree.

Trump relinquished control of his business.

And who would you rather trust,someone who is losing millions just to be president and do the job. Or someone who is wanting to be president and has done been in government for 47 years and used it to make money.

Super shady.

There are valid statements above from both sides, but here’s what really matters in my opinion: total fabrication or not, shady or not, the media has no problem plastering shit on trump/other GOP all over the place, but when the same level of shady shit is available on hunter/other Dems, it’s shut down by chairman mao. Regardless of the authenticity/accuracy of smear information, either allow it all (and let the consumer form their opinion), or take your “moral stand” and suppress it; your call media. But when they do one for the Dems and the other for the GOP, it’s very disturbing and frankly everybody, regardless of party affiliation, should acknowledge this bullshit. It’s still suppressing free speech even if you disagree with the content/statements, and that’s wrong. 

Edited by brabus
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Term limits. Get rid of every DC swamp creature (D’s & R’s) who’s been there for 20+ years
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 7

The Hunter Biden narrative isn’t going to move the needle, unless you can show that VP Biden actually did something illegal. Here’s the deal, there are hundreds of thousands of parents who have to deal with their children’s addictions, yes even grown children. You don’t stop trying to help your kid just because he’s an adult. It’s what you do, because you watch them grow from an infant, and try to help them ever step of the way. I don’t care if HB was a coke head, that’s his cross to bear. He’s not running for President.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jrizzell said:

The Hunter Biden narrative isn’t going to move the needle, unless you can show that VP Biden actually did something illegal. Here’s the deal, there are hundreds of thousands of parents who have to deal with their children’s addictions, yes even grown children. You don’t stop trying to help your kid just because he’s an adult. It’s what you do, because you watch them grow from an infant, and try to help them ever step of the way. I don’t care if HB was a coke head, that’s his cross to bare. He’s not running for President.