The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

9 hours ago, brickhistory said:

If I wasn't/haven't been clear, my apologies.

The misuse of national agencies for domestic purposes isn't about "my side" or "your side."  My intent, on every post related to this topic, is that if bad things occurred and were directed by the very highest in an agency or in the White House, then there needs to be accountability and punishments for those proven to have committed crimes.  Otherwise, it will only continue and become worse because underlings will see that no harm came to leadership that misused the system, so why shouldn't they when they move up in the food chain.

If Obama and Company did it and walks with no consequences, then most likely Trump, his successor, and future Administrations are very likely to do the same.  

Which is against many, many laws designed to safeguard my, and your constitutional rights for merely being an American citizen.

An unpunished misuse of national power against our own is not ok and should be punished, regardless of what political affliation.

But the same media that was leading the anti-Trump charge, often times at the behest of those same Administration officials who were doing shenanigans, are either ignoring these revelations or actively downplaying/spinning them differently.  You do not see much coverage of this on the networks, or the Post, or the NY Times, or the LA Times, ad nauseaum.

Mud slinging in politics is one thing.  "Orange Man bad" vs. "Sleepy Joe" is fine if stupid.

Mr. FBI/CIA/NSA man doing things against fellow Americans for political gain is not.

edited to add:  I don't think Hillary is to blame for this fiasco.  As much as I think she should've been prosecuted for her server complete with multiple TS/SCI/SAP/STO email traffic to/from her, the misuse of the FBI/CIA, probably others (remember ADM Rogers went to the FISA Court during this.  What he reported hasn't been made public, but the Obama Administration mounted a campaign to fire him, then backed off suddenly), was at least at the Director of various agencies, if not the White House.  Remember Susan Rice's infamous last day in office email to self, "The President directed that everything on this matter be done by the book."

BTW, I don't belong to any party.  I quit the GOP in disgust in 2016.

There's a saying...when the facts are on your side, pound the facts...if the law is on your side pound the law...and if neither are on your side, pound the table.

When you have to cherry pick facts from secret documents to declassify to make your case while hiding the rest of the document, and despite controlling several branches of government you can't muster an indictment of these "crimes" then it just looks like you are pounding the table.  If crimes were comitted then prosecute.  If rules were broken then punish.  If no laws were broken but we don't like the action, then lets change the law.  I'm not a huge fan of secret courts and shady government processes as well, but we should have a full open discussion about it, and not have one based off a few declassified lines with little or no context.  Unless it pertains to sources, declassify it all and lets see where the cards fall.  IMHO abuse of power should always carry a severe punishment.

I'm going to utter some words.  I don't post on here often.  This liberal, "I'm a victim" crap that is running rampant on here is unbelievable.  I am so glad I am out of the military.  I worked with and was in command of the victim people.  They all, without exception, sucked at their job. Because they were victims, they didn't have to meet standards. Every single one of them, didn't have to meet standards. And I couldn't do anything about it, because the victims always have a medical issue that took all of my time.  Some of them were white, some were black, some were asian, some were probably eskimos or heaven forbid Canadians.  But the victim people always sucked at doing their jobs. And they drained my time for ridiculous crap.  Some clown in here posted their "racist" experience was when they were pulled over because they were driving the same car as a drug dealer. Not a car that I drove when I was paying my way through college, but a car with jacked up tires and a ridiculous paint job - same as the drug dealer.  Dude, or dudette, if that's the best you got for racism, you are mildly retarded, how about do it my way and not drive the same make model and ridiculous paint job car as the drug dealer. Easy stuff, easy decision.  Must be white privilege. There are about 2200 squadrons in the AF.  Chances that you got a racist commander: don't take those odds to vegas. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

I'm going to utter some words.  I don't post on here often.  This liberal, "I'm a victim" crap that is running rampant on here is unbelievable.  I am so glad I am out of the military.  I worked with and was in command of the victim people.  They all, without exception, sucked at their job. Because they were victims, they didn't have to meet standards. Every single one of them, didn't have to meet standards. And I couldn't do anything about it, because the victims always have a medical issue that took all of my time.  Some of them were white, some were black, some were asian, some were probably eskimos or heaven forbid Canadians.  But the victim people always sucked at doing their jobs. And they drained my time for ridiculous crap.  Some clown in here posted their "racist" experience was when they were pulled over because they were driving the same car as a drug dealer. Not a car that I drove when I was paying my way through college, but a car with jacked up tires and a ridiculous paint job - same as the drug dealer.  Dude, or dudette, if that's the best you got for racism, you are mildly retarded, how about do it my way and not drive the same make model and ridiculous paint job car as the drug dealer. Easy stuff, easy decision.  Must be white privilege. There are about 2200 squadrons in the AF.  Chances that you got a racist commander: don't take those odds to vegas. 

Seems like something has got you riled up. You can find slackers and ROAD (retired on active duty) types of every political ideology, so I don’t see where you’re going in your rant about liberals and racism. Thanks for your service, glad you have other things to worry about now
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, filthy_liar said:

Hahaha you seem upset, did I say something to "trigger" you? You even resorted to name calling lol. Not sure if your entire post was directed at me, but I'll address your points. Again, I am a black male, right leaning millennial, probably more right after the latest foolishness. I'm not a victim, never said I was. I'm doing damn well right now despite the things I've faced in my past. Doesn't mean I can't bring those things up in discussion. I'm not here to change anyone's mind as I've said before. I'm here to get a different perspective and get an idea of why different people see things the way they do, also to provide my own perspective for others to see. I appreciate all the viewpoints here, even the ones I don't agree with. I was damn good on AD. I have the strats, records, and reputation to prove it. Never DNIF, never pulled off a sortie for any reason. I think that had a lot to do with me getting picked up to go to UPT in the Guard. But I'm not here to dick measure. I know some people just like the ones you described, they come from all sorts of backgrounds. I too commanded (flight) some of them. Know what I did? Had a one on one, one sided discussion on how they needed to unfornicate themselves and pull their weight. If they couldn't, me and the gang picked up the slack. I don't have time for complaints and weakness. As far as my car (1985 Cutlass Supreme) it was trash when I found it. Put rally wheels, white letter racing tires, 2 chamber flow master exhaust, single color (green) paint job, not to mention what I did under the hood. It wasn't the way you described it as, it was a sick car in my opinion. And I worked hard to get it to where I wanted to be. Not the best I have for racism, thats just the example you chose to pull out (sts) and thats fine. Doesn't make what I said  not valid. I can write a book about the racist shit I've experienced in the south, you'd downplay that as well I'm guessing. Not going to, those experiences helped make me who I am. Made me more aware of my surroundings, where I can and can't go, and what I can and can't say. Also it made me open my mind to people that think differently than me. They don't know me, what happened in their life to make them see me the way they do? It helped me learn more about the world I was living in and how to live in it. My cutlass was stolen a few years ago. I was able to convince my wife to let me buy another one, and I'm in the middle of bringing it back to glory. I still get racially profiled in it, but that's apart of my life. Here's the thing, I should be able to drive whatever car I want without being pulled over and searched having done nothing wrong. I can get pulled over, unreasonably searched, and I have to comply under the threat of physical harm or death. That's not what freedom is my friend. I should be able to go where I want, when I want, in the car I want. If you're not ok with that, I don't have much for you and that's your opinion. I think your opinion may be that, that example is minuscule, and I agree. Doesn't mean that it's right. Just providing some perspective to the thread, that's all. I want there to be zero racist commanders, but I know that's not possible. I've learned to navigate that. I have many bros that think just like you. I tell all my black friends, I CANNOT and WILL NOT exile people that think the way you do. We need to hear what you have to say as well. Last week I got a bourbon and a cigar with a good friend of mine that has the same line of thinking as you. We talked about it like the grown ass men that we are, learned from each other, shook hands (yes, even during the "pandemic"), and made plans to continue the discussion down the road. That's why I don't post here much. I'd rather sip some Basil Hayden's and have a face to face discussion about these topics. But hey...I could be a mildly retarded clown. Think I've only been called that once, by my dad. Maybe that old bastard is right. Hope you're enjoying being out of the AF. If I run into you down the road, first bourbon is on me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah... The whole "he was asking for it" by driving a "drug dealer" car is a bit much. If drug dealers suddenly discover the amazing  heated and ventilated seats, near silent road noise, and two panel panoramic sunroof of the Hyundai Sonata, am I supposed change cars to protect myself from unjustified police intervention?

America absolutely, positively has a problem with police brutality and general policing philosophy. An analysis of the evidence suggests that this problem is not due to race, but the complex relationships in America between crime, race, poverty, and the history of racism make it easy to blame skin color.

But changing the automotive tastes of law-abiding citizens is not the answer.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, filthy_liar said:

This liberal, "I'm a victim" crap that is running rampant on here is unbelievable.

I don't think victim "crap" runs rampant on here.  Sure, people complain about the promotion process, planning Christmas parties, and stuff like that, but that's just good, old-fashioned sport bitching.

There are about 2200 squadrons in the AF.  Chances that you got a racist commander: don't take those odds to vegas. 

Maybe you're just having a bad day, but I think you probably need to take a step back and take a look in the mirror.  Can we not have a reasonable discussion about how some people may have a different experience than you?  If this makes you defensive, it is probably because it touches a specific nerve inside you.  I mean, we all believe readily that some commanders play favorites.  Is it that much of a stretch to believe that other commanders play "least favorites"?

1 hour ago, TurnHer4 said:

Hahaha you seem upset, did I say something to "trigger" you? You even resorted to name calling lol. Not sure if your entire post was directed at me, but I'll address your points. Again, I am a black male, right leaning millennial, probably more right after the latest foolishness. I'm not a victim, never said I was. I'm doing damn well right now despite the things I've faced in my past. Doesn't mean I can't bring those things up in discussion. I'm not here to change anyone's mind as I've said before. I'm here to get a different perspective and get an idea of why different people see things the way they do, also to provide my own perspective for others to see. I appreciate all the viewpoints here, even the ones I don't agree with. I was damn good on AD. I have the strats, records, and reputation to prove it. Never DNIF, never pulled off a sortie for any reason. I think that had a lot to do with me getting picked up to go to UPT in the Guard. But I'm not here to dick measure. I know some people just like the ones you described, they come from all sorts of backgrounds. I too commanded (flight) some of them. Know what I did? Had a one on one, one sided discussion on how they needed to unfornicate themselves and pull their weight. If they couldn't, me and the gang picked up the slack. I don't have time for complaints and weakness. As far as my car (1985 Cutlass Supreme) it was trash when I found it. Put rally wheels, white letter racing tires, 2 chamber flow master exhaust, single color (green) paint job, not to mention what I did under the hood. It wasn't the way you described it as, it was a sick car in my opinion. And I worked hard to get it to where I wanted to be. Not the best I have for racism, thats just the example you chose to pull out (sts) and thats fine. Doesn't make what I said  not valid. I can write a book about the racist shit I've experienced in the south, you'd downplay that as well I'm guessing. Not going to, those experiences helped make me who I am. Made me more aware of my surroundings, where I can and can't go, and what I can and can't say. Also it made me open my mind to people that think differently than me. They don't know me, what happened in their life to make them see me the way they do? It helped me learn more about the world I was living in and how to live in it. My cutlass was stolen a few years ago. I was able to convince my wife to let me buy another one, and I'm in the middle of bringing it back to glory. I still get racially profiled in it, but that's apart of my life. Here's the thing, I should be able to drive whatever car I want without being pulled over and searched having done nothing wrong. I can get pulled over, unreasonably searched, and I have to comply under the threat of physical harm or death. That's not what freedom is my friend. I should be able to go where I want, when I want, in the car I want. If you're not ok with that, I don't have much for you and that's your opinion. I think your opinion may be that, that example is minuscule, and I agree. Doesn't mean that it's right. Just providing some perspective to the thread, that's all. I want there to be zero racist commanders, but I know that's not possible. I've learned to navigate that. I have many bros that think just like you. I tell all my black friends, I CANNOT and WILL NOT exile people that think the way you do. We need to hear what you have to say as well. Last week I got a bourbon and a cigar with a good friend of mine that has the same line of thinking as you. We talked about it like the grown ass men that we are, learned from each other, shook hands (yes, even during the "pandemic"), and made plans to continue the discussion down the road. That's why I don't post here much. I'd rather sip some Basil Hayden's and have a face to face discussion about these topics. But hey...I could be a mildly retarded clown. Think I've only been called that once, by my dad. Maybe that old bastard is right. Hope you're enjoying being out of the AF. If I run into you down the road, first bourbon is on me.

Sometimes, one just needs a carriage return.

On a separate note, "unfornicate" is not a real word, but passes muster here, as we like alternate ways of saying things.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

I’m a victim of your poor grammar, JFC.

• Haha 1

He’s saying that he’s tired of the liberal mind set. The one that creates lazy, self interested, victim hood, virtue signaling, making up facts, rioting when I don’t get my way and call it a protest , everything must be equal but I need to be more important than most everyone else type mentality.

Same kind of mentality found in today’s feminism also.

Being a CC ain’t what it used to be because of people like that.

Thanks for your post. Hope you feel better.

• Upvote 2

He also forgot he was running for president today. Not intending this to be a loaded question, but aren’t Biden supporters worried about his mental capability to hold this office for at least 4 years? Everyone misspeaks, but there’s a long line of clear evidence that Biden’s memory is failing and he gets confused pretty easily for someone who could be the leader of the U.S. Is this really not a problem in peoples’ minds?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Oh yeah, plenty wrong with him... Just less bad than Trump's egotistic impulses, divisive rhetoric, policy positions, and cabinet appointees. You'll find very few people who are truly Biden supporters in the literal sense of the word, especially on here. I'll likely vote republican if he runs again in 4 years (so long as it's not someone like Roy Moore). 

• Downvote 1

12 hours ago, brabus said:

He also forgot he was running for president today. Not intending this to be a loaded question, but aren’t Biden supporters worried about his mental capability to hold this office for at least 4 years? Everyone misspeaks, but there’s a long line of clear evidence that Biden’s memory is failing and he gets confused pretty easily for someone who could be the leader of the U.S. Is this really not a problem in peoples’ minds?

Maybe this is why Pelosi is introducing the 25th Amendment.  

If Trump wins, it’s another way to stick it to him.  If Biden wins, it’s a way to oust him because of his mental status.  

Either way, it’s a win for Pelosi!

12 hours ago, brabus said:

It's mostly right wing pundits latching onto single liners without context. He's had a life long challenge with speech and its effects:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/01/joe-biden-stutter-profile/602401/

https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/accessibility/471707-how-joe-bidens-gaffes-have-affected-his-campaign-and

If one doesn't want to vote for Biden, fine... but don't parrot talking points that have nothing to do with policy or positions.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, xaarman said:

It's mostly right wing pundits latching onto single liners without context. He's had a life long challenge with speech and its effects:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/01/joe-biden-stutter-profile/602401/

https://thehill.com/changing-america/respect/accessibility/471707-how-joe-bidens-gaffes-have-affected-his-campaign-and

If one doesn't want to vote for Biden, fine... but don't parrot talking points that have nothing to do with policy or positions.

As well as a life-long bromance with Neil Kinnock as well.  Just sayin'...

As to positions or policy, what are Biden's positions or policies?  His "you'll find out when the election's over"schtick seems to be aided and abetted by the liberal media since they don't pursue these evasions, but rational voters do seem to want to know what they are signing up for.

Except for the "anybody but Trump" voters.  It could be Satan Hitler and they'll happily pull the lever.

As I did against Hillary in 2016.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, xaarman said:

Wait what?