The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

49 minutes ago, brickhistory said:

Trump has nominated and McConnell has moved through confirmation 218 Article III federal judges, including two Supreme Court justices.  Soon to be three.

To paraphrase the poet Burns, "And that has made all the difference..."

Difference in what? The SCOTUS isn't Trump's little henchman protector like the AG apparently is.

One thing we know for sure is that the Russians and other actors such as China, Iran, and North Korea have a vested interest in fomenting division and unrest in the United States. They used social media to great effect in the 2016 election to do just that and it appears that they are having even greater success this year. I’ve been vocal on which side I believe they’ve actively helped along, but I don’t think you have to take a partisan angle to realize that Americans of all ilks are being manipulated here. We’re all ready to be outraged at the “other side” and a few we’ll placed memes or bots are all it currently takes to fracture us. This is probably our greatest weakness as a nation right now and no one, not the politicians, not the media, not your liberal/conservative friends on Facebook, no one seems to be really taking the threat seriously. We have differences, some serious, but we should recognize that those differences are currently being exploited by outside actors, determined to bring the United States down to their own level. We the people need to get savvy to this threat and ask ourselves as we engage with one another whether our rhetoric and our tone are helping to advance outside interests. Not saying we all have to agree on everything and sing kumbaya in a drum circle in the forest, but we have got to wrap our heads around the fact that Blue America and Red America will fail on their own and that the only way forward is, as it’s always been, the United States of America. 

1 hour ago, Homestar said:

I liked this Frontline doc. It attempts to explain why Trump and Biden are the way they are. 

BL: I can respect Biden as a man even though I may disagree with his politics. I can’t respect Trump, and his politics are whatever serves Trump best in the moment. 

Do you respect him constantly sniffing women and making racist remarks? 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Kiloalpha said:

I don’t honestly know. David Duke and the KKK historically are Democratic. But there’s a good shot that guy is a Republican as well. 

But it seems like both parties have came out against it, so it’s not a great parallel. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.courier-journal.com/amp/5254313002

By historically democratic, you mean the Democrats of the 1960s, which are really today's GOP? He's apparently the leader of the local "Three Percenters" group, so there lies your answer. David Duke also ran as a Republican during the 1992 Presidential Election. 

Both parties came out about some dude tying a noose around an effigy of the governor, on the state capitol grounds? Shocking 😂 

https://www.lex18.com/news/covering-kentucky/rep-maddox-responds-to-beshear-ky-democratic-party

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I’ve heard that comparison before and it kind of feels right, but on examination doesn’t work. The Boston Tea Party was done in a targeted manner. They were fighting the Tea Act, so they went and threw a shipment of tea in the water when no one was looking as a form of protest. They didn’t burn the ships. They didn’t attack the captains.
I don’t see the relatability in looting a Foot Locker, or a Target, or burning down a random bar on a street. The looters today are saying “who cares, they have insurance.” It’s not targeted. It’s just advantageous folks looting to take things, and burning down places of no direct consequence. Vastly different to 1773.
There’s a bit of virtue in some colonists who have warned the Governor in Boston to remove the last ship of British tea... but refuses... so you go and toss it into the sea instead.
I don’t see the virtue in torching a random car park. I don’t see it in forcing customers at a restaurant to leave by flipping tables or making them chant your slogan. I sure as hell don’t see it when they’re looting a store and carrying out 65” TVs because “this ensures people eat tonight.” Sure, that’s why the grocery store isn’t touched.
POC have a right to be upset, but they’re hurting the wrong people. Democrats have ruled the urban areas which contain the vast majority of them, and what’s that given them? No school choice, a lack of entrepreneurial opportunities and a decaying familial structure. Start there before you break out the Molotov cocktails.
- All good, I’m struggling with the damn phone as well. Thanks for engaging in honest dialogue.

Good response. This discussion is what we need.

Here's a problem I see with your response, maybe I read it wrong, but you can clear it up. You completely ignored what I said about the looting. That is what I'm talking about on here. Things are cherry picked in the responses to facilitate one side of the argument. By replying in the way you did, it implies the other side agrees with the point you're arguing against.

Riots, not looting are an ugly, unfortunate part of a democracy. A last resort to a people that feels left with no other options. Tea Party was not looting. I don't approve of or condone attacks on federal buildings, but that is a better option than attacking the local community.

If you pay attention to the leadership of the social justice movement, they don't condone looting or violence at all. They are pleading with people to keep things peaceful.

You say there's a bit of virtue with the colonists. I agree. There's also some virtue when POC have pointed to problems in the system, countless datasets that back up their claims, and gotten responses like, "pull yourself up by the bootstraps whiner, and point to some example of a POC who did. That's so ignorant. That's ignoring the insurmountable odds most face. That's like saying, work hard in practice, and you'll make the NFL (very loose comparison). Yes, it's possible, but it's ignoring just how difficult it is in reality.

And you're kidding yourself if you think the numbers of racists on the right and left are equal. Of course there are some in both sides, but go look at the data that exists in hate groups. Not really any on the left.

Now I can see it already. Someone will cherry pick what I just said to point to and say "slackline said attacking fed bldgs is okay" completely ignoring everything else that has been said. If that makes you (not Kiloalpha specifically) feel better, well, like I said, people so firmly in their camp can't be reasoned with...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Homestar said:

More than the guy who just straight up grabs them by the pussy? Yes. 

Hey man, I’m not going to sit here and say that Trump is a saint.  But you can’t sit there and criticize the morality of Trump while claiming Biden is a “decent man.”  Most intelligent Trump supporters would never try to convince you that Trump is some kind of saint, but in a government where most politicians are scumbags, we will take his policies which even his most ardent opponents would agree have been beneficial for the country.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, dream big said:

Hey man, I’m not going to sit here and say that Trump is a saint.  But you can’t sit there and criticize the morality of Trump while claiming Biden is a “decent man.”  Most intelligent Trump supporters would never try to convince you that Trump is some kind of saint, but in a government where most politicians are scumbags, we will take his policies which even his most ardent opponents would agree have been beneficial for the country.  

Damn right he’s no saint. He’s a piece of shit. I’ll give him credit for appointing strong conservative judges and not expanding war in the Middle East. But I wouldn’t follow him out the front door if my house were on fire. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Kiloalpha said:

I think the return question is misleading in that you’re referring to Charlottesville, an event in which Republicans in general (and the President, but let’s not make that the sticking point) condemned almost immediately. Since then, when’s the Klan burnt down businesses and attacked cops?

Another standard tactic is to write small “mistruths” into your statements that you hope are close enough to reality that you can just slightly shift the narrative.

https://apnews.com/article/eb4b472fe89b4128990502b2b9e9e581

“Immediate” and clear are the opposite of what happened.

Here, this is from a piece of liberal hippy literature:

And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed — if all records told the same tale — then the lie passed into history and became truth.”

That's too bad your side is shooting cops and is OK with it. Perception is the riots are getting mostly violent more often than not and the country is getting sick of it. Have fun losing again in 2020, repeating the same bullshit you have for the past 4 years.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

That's too bad your side is shooting cops and is OK with it. Perception is the riots are getting mostly violent more often than not and the country is getting sick of it. Have fun losing again in 2020, repeating the same bullshit you have for the past 4 years.

Possibly one of the dumbest things said here.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Oh yeah, also when your side repeatedly and constantly calls black men uncle tom's when they aren't inline with the the leftist group think, women who vote for Trump aren't real women, and gays/LGBT who vote Trump are deplorable, you defeat your own cause. Constantly going against the Constitution, using arms of the government as clubs against the other side, I can go on and on. We were already sick of you in 2016, it's going to be much worst for you in 2020. The silent majority is real and we are all sick of your bullshit. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Oh yeah, also when your side repeatedly and constantly calls black men uncle tom's when they aren't inline with the the leftist group think, women who vote for Trump aren't real women, and gays/LGBT who vote Trump are deplorable, you defeat your own cause. Constantly going against the Constitution, using arms of the government as clubs against the other side, I can go on and on. We were already sick of you in 2016, it's going to be much worst for you in 2020. The silent majority is real and we are all sick of your bullshit. 
Bro, chill out.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Baseops Network mobile app

2 hours ago, slackline said:

1. Riots, not looting are an ugly, unfortunate part of a democracy. A last resort to a people that feels left with no other options. Tea Party was not looting. I don't approve of or condone attacks on federal buildings, but that is a better option than attacking the local community.

2. If you pay attention to the leadership of the social justice movement, they don't condone looting or violence at all. They are pleading with people to keep things peaceful.

3. And you're kidding yourself if you think the numbers of racists on the right and left are equal. Of course there are some in both sides, but go look at the data that exists in hate groups. Not really any on the left.

1. The numbers of single, childless, and in many cases white young adults participating in the riots indicates more that just hopelessness. Given a green light to destroy, many will.

2. Which leaders? Many of the thought leaders on the left, cited and lauded by media and political figures, are doing no such pleading. And I'm not sure a single (D) politician has condemned Antifa. How many Republicans have condemned the white supremacists? (All of them, including Trump, who is awful).

3. When you define racism as "far right" it becomes hard to find racist leftists. If you include "the soft bigotry of low expectations," as Sowell describes, the left is overwhelmingly racist. It doesn't help that we are redefining racism to fit a progressive narrative.

Couple all this with the fact that the data completely disproves the narrative of systemic police racism targeting and killing black people, and the whole thing becomes impossible to resolve.

You can not, under any circumstances, have a productive discourse if the facts are treated like lies, or worse, if presenting the facts makes you racist. Unfortunately, the public figures of "your side" are not engaging honestly in the debate, as you are. 

• Upvote 4

Nah. Conservatives and the right have been way too quiet for way too long. All of your news media outlets spout constant lies and divides the country. Tell your side to chill out shooting cops and burning cities, bro. 

I'm sure this is ok. You sound well adjusted. Tell cops to stop shooting people.

You see how dumb it sounds when baseless allegations are thrown around without proof. Especially with the vitriol you seem to be spewing...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Kiloalpha said:

I think the return question is misleading in that you’re referring to Charlottesville, an event in which Republicans in general (and the President, but let’s not make that the sticking point) condemned almost immediately. Since then, when’s the Klan burnt down businesses and attacked cops?

Apparently, during the Floyd riots/looting. 

“Man who helped ignite George Floyd riots identified as white supremacist: Police” 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-helped-ignite-george-floyd-riots-identified-white/story?id=72051536

47 minutes ago, slackline said:

I'm sure this is ok. You sound well adjusted. Tell cops to stop shooting people.

You see how dumb it sounds when baseless allegations are thrown around without proof. Especially with the vitriol you seem to be spewing...

Do you know BLM and Antifa are left wing organizations that have Democrat support? 

And they aren't baseless allegations, they are facts. 2 Louisville cops were shot during riots for Breonna Taylor. Minneapolis, Kenosha, Portland, and I'm sure many other leftist cities are burning because of these riots, which are conducted by BLM and Antifa. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/23/trump-biden-first-debate-420189

Ok, so I get that you will say it's Politico, so it's "fake news" but you guys keep letting "seadog" or whatever open his trap, so I think it should be allowed. Also, I want to restate something I've said many times, I think Biden is also despicable, just not as gross as Trump. Goes without saying that Pelosi and her ilk are also just abhorrent people.

That being said, these are quotes from the Trump team. Not spun, just their words. The guy they've been trying to say has dementia is somehow an amazing debater according to them now. Just funny stuff. Not really looking to prove points here. Gotta inform yourself reading Fox and Politico right? Otherwise you can't make informed decisions...

• Upvote 1