The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

1 hour ago, mcbush said:

You forgot Kurdistan. But don’t worry, everybody always does.

Legitimately curious, what was your plan for all that? Just illegally continue to keep troops positioned in Syria with no AUMF, hoping to outlast Assad's will power to maintain his own borders without sparking a major shooting war with Russia? And how would you justify this to your more strategic partner Turkey? How are you going to do all of the above when Turkey removes access to your air bases? How will you justify to American people using UE blood and treasure to build a new state in the ME illegally in the borders or another state with little interest for the US? Honestly want your thoughts on all of this. 

Started August of 2016, so about 6 months of it under your disliked folks, continued for 3.69 years under current reign. Disregarding the fact that it likely took time to recognize shortfall, begin to address it, and that it accelerated into the million+ range under Trump. Or that it was 100% under Trump Admin that Dr. Prezant’s (who has been a solid champion for us) letters inquiring about the loss have been ignored. 
See admission article here
But, yes, continue to feel “attacked” and that I’m distorting facts as I cowtow to “Lightgiver.”

And you're still missing the point that it's a non issue that is being played likely for politics.

Authorized/appropriated money for this is in the billions of dollars. And it's still a federal appropriation, so colors of money/time windows to use that money based on color of money/etc all still apply, just like the military budget (except that this fund was exempted from sequestration and fully funded). So the fact that the fund is executing almost all of it's money is a good thing.

I get that the fund started reducing payments, as it was running out of money and likely was trying to make it stretch to get everyone who needs help some help. So that's got to be frustrating. But now another $10B got added, and the expiration pushed out to 2090, so probably should be good going into the future

Hate on the president and administration all you want, but this particular issue shouldn't be a concern.

How do mail in ballots work? Do they have to be in by Election Day or is there leeway like for absentee ballots? How can CNN call a state for candidate X if the race is close? 

I’m not a fan of the “game day” atmosphere on Election Day on TV. Basically once a state has been called one way by a majority of channels people stop caring and forget about the thousands of absentee ballots left to count. 

I live in UT, where it's been mail-in for a while now.  I will get my ballots no later than 9 Oct (I think). I can mail them in anytime up to election day, and I can drop them off any time up to election day.

They did send out warnings that if they're mailed on election day they might not get counted if they're delayed, or something happens.

Love my 1st Amendment, but I like the way the UK does election day.  No reporting on it until the polls close in all districts.  Would suck for our East Americans, but addresses the, "why bother" if someone appears to be down and a area hasn't counted a ton of ballots.  I guess I should add that I heard that was the status in the UK, but now I'm thinking it might be Australia...shit, I don't know.

4 hours ago, brabus said:

Can’t wait for the shitshow.

Michigan judge just gave a two week extension for mail in ballots to be collected, allowed ballot harvesting.

New Jersey "just discovered" 1,600 mail in ballots from a July election.

Georgia announced 1,000 instances of "double voting" from this past June's primary election.

Pennsylvania just stated that the signatures on the ballot and the envelope don't have to match now.

05onfire1_xp-master768-v2.jpg

Also, Biden last night: "I'll keep fracking."  "I'll phase out fracking."  "China isn't a threat, it's a competitor."

When the cameras were supposed to be off, Biden goes over to moderator Cooper and whispers in his ear.  A) Distance/masks save lives?  B) Whispering to the moderator?  Didn't read about that with Trump at the ABC "townhall."

Last week, Harris in a Spanish language broadcast referenced a "Harris Administration...with Joe Biden."

Same day last week, Biden mumbles through a badly delivered to no one, literally, except media present about a "Harris-Biden Administration."

Ladies first, I guess?

Edited by brickhistory

7 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

“The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.”

— Mitch McConnell, 2016.

If you think for one second that Obama wouldn’t have filed a SCOTUS seat, when his party had controlled the Senate, at the end of his first term; then you’re not being intellectually honest. Parliamentary procedure isn’t about “fairness”, it’s about what party’s in control. Just like Harry Reid in 2013, when they changed to rules requiring 60 votes to approve federal judges and executive branch nominees, to the now accepted simple majority. https://www.heritage.org/political-process/commentary/5-years-after-going-nuclear-democrats-have-reaped-what-they-sowed

This RBG wrinkle is going to make the first 9 months of 2020 look relatively peaceful...

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, jrizzell said:

If you think for one second that Obama wouldn’t have filed a SCOTUS seat, when his party had controlled the Senate, at the end of his first term; then you’re not being intellectually honest. Parliamentary procedure isn’t about “fairness”, it’s about what party’s in control. Just like Harry Reid in 2013, when they changed to rules requiring 60 votes to approve federal judges and executive branch nominees, to the now accepted simple majority. https://www.heritage.org/political-process/commentary/5-years-after-going-nuclear-democrats-have-reaped-what-they-sowed

This RBG wrinkle is going to make the first 9 months of 2020 look relatively peaceful...

He’s just pointing out blatant hypocritical statements that didn’t need to be said in 2016. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, di1630 said:

A lot has changed since 2016. The left went all out assault and declared war with little regard to anything. I’m 100% for the right to counter-attack.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

It must be terrifying for you to live in a world where you are under constant attack from such a ruthless and powerful enemy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

4 hours ago, di1630 said:

A lot has changed since 2016. The left went all out assault and declared war with little regard to anything. I’m 100% for the right to counter-attack.

And the Right was just sitting there as innocent as can be, doing nothing at all and getting sucker punched by the big mean left.  😢

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hypocritical politicians?

I'm shocked, I tell you.  Shocked.

I believe some guy said "Elections have consequences.  I won"  Or something like that.

And he was correct.

And now at least two Republican senators - Murkowski and Collins have said they won't vote for a nominee until after the Inaugeration (sp?) next year.  I fully expect Pierre Delecto to join them.  Won't be surprised if other squish GOP senators join them.

And that encapsulates why I quit the Republican party in 2016.  They don't seem to like to win, only virtue signal about their righteousness.  Add in the disdain for Trump, who beat 16 other run of the mill Republicans to become President, and they take every opportunity to oppose the people who elected Trump and wanted stuff done or undone on their behalf.  And those SOBs ain't having it.  Messes up their cushy gigs and future K Street opportunities.

I commend the Democratic party.  When they win, they use the power given to them by the electorate.

Although the "burn it all down if they appoint someone" mantra probably isn't a good look for getting elected.

We'll see.

• Like 2