The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

There is no such thing as unbiased journalism. Never has been. The whole idea is a fallacy. That’s why it’s important to read a variety of sources. And when I say read, I mean read almost exclusively as cable news networks are universally garbage. Jeffrey Goldberg is certainly biased. But he is also an accomplished and well respected journalist and his stories have merit. It’s reasonable to believe the timing of his story is meant to have maximum impact on the election. So what? Doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. I’ll choose to believe his report, which has been verified by other, independent outlets over the pathological liar in the White House. Journalism may have its flaws, but the bigger flaw is the lack of critical thinking ability on the part of the average American. Like it or not, the free press is a critical part of a free and open society. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Prozac said:

There is no such thing as unbiased journalism. Never has been. The whole idea is a fallacy. That’s why it’s important to read a variety of sources. And when I say read, I mean read almost exclusively as cable news networks are universally garbage. Jeffrey Goldberg is certainly biased. But he is also an accomplished and well respected journalist and his stories have merit. It’s reasonable to believe the timing of his story is meant to have maximum impact on the election. So what? Doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. I’ll choose to believe his report, which has been verified by other, independent outlets over the pathological liar in the White House. Journalism may have its flaws, but the bigger flaw is the lack of critical thinking ability on the part of the average American. Like it or not, the free press is a critical part of a free and open society. 

In the opinion of his peers, which to me and many others, means nothing. 

You are quick the throw cable news under the bus but don't realize most people are already talking past that. What critical thinking are you performing when analyzing an article like Goldberg's? Did you ask what Goldberg has to gain from it? What does his publisher have to gain? What exactly is he saying, and more importantly, what exactly did he leave out? I think by now everyone knows I have an extraordinary low opinion of ALL journalist. (Really, I think they are among the lowest people in society.) I'm sure a lot of journalism out there is fine. But i trust it so much as I trust a Jeppeson approach plate without an approach plate review on a foreign airfield. 

Edit: In case anyone ask, no, I didn't catch my wife sleeping with a journalist. I just genuinely find them despicable people. 

Edited by FLEA
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Prozac said:

8C6DAE7A-C0FC-4D14-AA26-5F1730A5DA45.thumb.jpeg.6b5dd073c1f0cffc7ac7ea98e602d53e.jpegIt’s been all downhill from here. 

Maybe its true if you qualify it, that's probably the biggest gathering of non Democrat voters in DC, a city that votes 99% Dem. When Reagan beat Mondale he carried everything except Minnesota and DC. 

3 minutes ago, Desk Jobs Suck said:

How do those photos prove he is a liar? Trump's approval rating is where Obama's was before his reelection. 

Wow. I know a lot’s happened since then but, wow. I seem to recall Sean Spicer very forcibly insisting that Trump’s inauguration was “the largest audience ever to witness an inauguration, period, both in person and around the globe”. Perhaps the image above is like a Rorschach test and you see something completely different than I do. Or perhaps it is simply a couple of photos that show Trump’s inaugural crowd to be significantly smaller than previous crowds. I look at it as a clear warning that he will lie about just about anything, no matter how petty. Admittedly, this was a long time ago. More recently, Trump claimed that the Yankees had asked him to throw out the first pitch and only settled on Anthony Faucci after he declined. This was promptly refuted by the Yankees. Factcheck.org, Politifact, and Snopes all have scores of examples from the three and a half years in between these two episodes. 

The journalistic track record using the last 3 years isn't a good one.  How many stories based on "anonymous" sources turned out to be a total fabrication?  News networks and journalists banged the RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA drum for how many years interviewing how many sources (Schiff, Clapper, Brennan come to mind) and were told "We have proof" and, yet, no interest in finding out why they were lied to, and more importantly, why they lied to the American people over and over again.  Oddly enough, they didn't lie to Congress but not a wisp of interest as to why.  Journalists have not done themselves any favors over the last couple years so it's hard to put much stock in their reportage.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Desk Jobs Suck said:

Lied about his inauguration crowd? Sure.

Called John McCain a loser because he lost the 2008 election? Sure. 

Promised tax cuts?  

Quitting Paris deal? 

Conservative judges in courts? 

Handling ISIS? 

Moving Israel embassy? 

Reduce ME presence? 

Better trade agreements? 

Border wall progress? 

Many major platform promises delivered. Yet the "news" focuses on the minutiae. 

I don't care for leftist "news" media outlets who have nothing better to say than "orange man bad". Fact checking is indeed not fact checking anymore, but has become a political tool to call someone you don't agree with a liar. The fact that you can have factcheck, politifact, or snopes as sources and we can't even use fox is extremely telling of bias and dishonesty. 

Well, you asked me why I thought he was a pathological liar, not whether he’d followed through on campaign promises. Thought we’d covered that one a while back. 😎 As far as Fox being used as a fact checking source, well that’s as laughable using MSNBC for the same purpose. Websites like politifact, while certainly not perfect, at least attempt to maintain some semblance of impartiality. 

4 hours ago, drewpey said:

Again...see differentiating entertainment/opinion from real journalism.

Who determines what is fact and what isn't?  What if two people were at an event, and they have differing opinions of what occurred or was said?  How does one report on that?

If you’re a journalist, don’t editorialize your opinion in the news reporting. There’s an Op-Ed section for this specific distinction. 

Edited by SurelySerious
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, A man for all seasons said:

Didn't Biden have TWO military sons? One of which received a direct commission at age 43? Wonder what he learned from Hunter's military experience.

At least a Master's degree in hookers and blow.

Literally.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TreeA10 said:

The journalistic track record using the last 3 years isn't a good one.  How many stories based on "anonymous" sources turned out to be a total fabrication?  News networks and journalists banged the RUSSIA, RUSSIA, RUSSIA drum for how many years interviewing how many sources (Schiff, Clapper, Brennan come to mind) and were told "We have proof" and, yet, no interest in finding out why they were lied to, and more importantly, why they lied to the American people over and over again.  Oddly enough, they didn't lie to Congress but not a wisp of interest as to why.  Journalists have not done themselves any favors over the last couple years so it's hard to put much stock in their reportage.

Huh? Are you saying the CIA, FBI, DISA, etc are all wrong about Russian interference? Is this more disinformation?

The Republican-led Senate Intelligence Committee submitted the first in their five-volume 1,313-page report in July 2019 in which they concluded that the January 2017 intelligence community assessment alleging Russian interference was "coherent and well-constructed". 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_interference_in_the_2016_United_States_elections

• Upvote 1

Huh? Are you saying the CIA, FBI, DISA, etc are all wrong about Russian interference? Is this more disinformation?
”The Republican-led Senate Intelligence Committee submitted the first in their five-volume 1,313-page report in July 2019 in which they concluded that the January 2017 intelligence community assessment alleging Russian interference was "coherent and well-constructed". ”
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_interference_in_the_2016_United_States_elections

Interference and the “Trump is a Russian agent” narrative are very different. It is dishonest to link the two.

You’ll no doubt be horrified to learn that a lot of nations interfere in our electoral and law-making processes. There are entire organizations dedicated to this, they’re called PACs. A lot of former lawmakers make a good living putting foreign interests above American ones. This is nothing new.

Despicable and should be illegal, but nothing new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, A man for all seasons said:

Didn't Biden have TWO military sons? One of which received a direct commission at age 43? Wonder what he learned from Hunter's military experience.

Now that someone has brought up, Hunter was not only a customer but the “President” of that business and many more - super qualified or not whatever. Poor Biden lost the good one which really sucks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Desk Jobs Suck said:

Having early onset dementia is wildly different than calling people wrong names.

Didn’t know we had neurologists on this forum? We already have a ton of political scientists, attorneys, and national security experts.

Edited by Sua Sponte
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

Didn’t know we had neurologists on this forum? We already have a ton of political scientists, attorneys, and national security experts.

My Father was a 1st generation Japanese immigrant mid 1950s Neurosurgeon ( teenager in Japan/war effort during WWII), which has NOTHING to do with me except for my upbringing/environment  - integrity, work ethic, Patriotism, religion, etc. (list goes on, truly fortunate).

You are totally right for me specifically, so you tell me what the Hell is going on with Biden? EVERY month, almost EVERY week now? Names, really? Already on file by the majority as the hardest thing to remember......

You and I are not Blind. Look at Warhawk Joe Pre-War, where the heck is that guy? Dems need him. Too long ago? Look up Joe 4 years ago, Judas Priest, what is going on?.?.? Please help us understand, you have access to soooo many actual videos during 2019, how about 2020 alone - not anonymous here say, but actual videos x 1, 3, 5, 10, xx, xxx...

Video evidence, indisputable... Truth which is Fact! Something is wrong, what is it?

Edited by AirGuardianC141747
  • Confused 1