The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

12 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

Whataboutism at its finest.

……….words...………..

It seems the only time that the branches want to go after a senior ranking person is when they want a scapegoat to take the fall to prevent more senior personnel from taking a negative hit.

For most of your post:

confused-meme.jpg

For this
"

15 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

Those in society, who’s opinions matter on the topic, have deemed what a career attorney/politican did isn’t big enough to warrant criminal charges. 

Hmmm...to me, my opinion matters and Hillary's still not President.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brickhistory said:

For most of your post:

confused-meme.jpg

For this
"

Hmmm...to me, my opinion matters and Hillary's still not President.

Example: https://www.stripes.com/news/pacific/former-fitzgerald-commander-pleads-not-guilty-to-criminal-charges-from-collision-1.536970. This is after the Art 32 hearing officer recommended dismissal of the charges.

While the 7th Fleet Admirals are retired: https://taskandpurpose.com/navy-fires-2-admirals-prepares-senate-questions-string-mishaps/

Gotta have a a scapegoat for Congress.

She’s also never being indicted with criminal charges for those emails, so why constantly bring it up?

Edited by Sua Sponte

12 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

Example: https://www.stripes.com/news/pacific/former-fitzgerald-commander-pleads-not-guilty-to-criminal-charges-from-collision-1.536970. This is after the Art 32 hearing officer recommended dismissal of the charges.

While the 7th Fleet Admirals are retired: https://taskandpurpose.com/navy-fires-2-admirals-prepares-senate-questions-string-mishaps/

Gotta have a a scapegoat for Congress.

She’s also never being indicted with criminal charges for those emails, so why constantly bring it up?

Soooo...how do I get into that club where the laws don't apply equally?  Pretty sweet place to be...

Start by not accomplishing a mediocre career or be rich.

The real BS about it is that it’s not confined to Hillary...

You know who still has a clearance? All of her inner circle. That’s right the peons she blamed for sending/receiving still got to keep their clearances much less not face charges. Meanwhile Joe says the wrong thing in a Facebook message to his wife dropping a callsign in the conversation and his ass is in a sling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, uhhello said:

My question is to what mental level is he doing this.  Does he honestly think HE got us a 10% raise or does he think he's just rounding up or is he just straight up lying because he's gotten away with it since he started.

He actually asked for less (2.1%) than the automatic military pay adjustment (2.4%), and was overridden by congress. So bizarre.

Offering an unbiased observation: his exact words were "I said make it 10!" when referring to others saying lesser numbers during a discussion.  That may be entirely accurate, so he's probably not lying that he said that.  I didn't see any quote that said, "you guys are getting a 10% raise" or "I just gave you guys a 10% raise."  He was stating his opinion that we should get a 10% raise.  Completely agree his words are not crystal clear and his MO of speaking off the cuff like he's in the bar with his bros does not work well for communication at the presidential level.

He's dead wrong that the military hasn't received a raise in 10 years.  He could have accurately said we've had an extremely paltry raise over the last 10 years (relative to inflation).  It's not much of a raise when your 10 year average barely covers inflation.

Edited by brabus

17 hours ago, uhhello said:

My question is to what mental level is he doing this.  Does he honestly think HE got us a 10% raise or does he think he's just rounding up or is he just straight up lying because he's gotten away with it since he started.

Indeed.  What a maroon...

736126aae287e00520f883107a842200.jpg

Remember when he said, "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor?!"

In all 57 states?

Even if you get your healthcare from a Navy corpseman?

Nah...me neither...

1 hour ago, brickhistory said:

Indeed.  What a maroon...

736126aae287e00520f883107a842200.jpg

Remember when he said, "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor?!"

In all 57 states?

Even if you get your healthcare from a Navy corpseman?

Nah...me neither...

Not even close to comparable.  

3 hours ago, brabus said:

Offering an unbiased observation: his exact words were "I said make it 10!" when referring to others saying lesser numbers during a discussion.  That may be entirely accurate, so he's probably not lying that he said that.  I didn't see any quote that said, "you guys are getting a 10% raise" or "I just gave you guys a 10% raise."  He was stating his opinion that we should get a 10% raise.  Completely agree his words are not crystal clear and his MO of speaking off the cuff like he's in the bar with his bros does not work well for communication at the presidential level.

He's dead wrong that the military hasn't received a raise in 10 years.  He could have accurately said we've had an extremely paltry raise over the last 10 years (relative to inflation).  It's not much of a raise when your 10 year average barely covers inflation.

We are always going to protect you.  And you just saw that because you just got one of the biggest pay raises you’ve ever received — unless you don’t want it.  (Applause.)  Does anybody here — is anybody here willing to give up the big pay raise you just got?  Raise your hands, please.  Ah, I don’t see too many hands.  Okay, don’t give it up.

It’s great.  You know what?  Nobody deserves it more.  You haven’t gotten one in more than 10 years — more than 10 years.  And we got you a big one.  I got you a big one.  I got you a big one.  (Applause.)

They had plenty of people that came up.  They said, “You know, we could make it smaller.  We could make it 3 percent.  We could make it 2 percent.  We could make it 4 percent.”  I said, “No.  Make it 10 percent.  Make it more than 10 percent.”  Because it’s been a long time.  It’s been more than 10 years.  It’s been more than 10 years.  That’s a long time.  And, you know, you really put yourselves out there, and you put your lives out there.  So congratulations.

22 minutes ago, brickhistory said:

Because?

You can quote Obama's, Bush's, and all other previous presidents dumb statements all you want but I don't think they compare to the flat out lies, half truths, and 1/4 truths that Trump has stated in the last two years.  It's one thing to slip up and say something stupid on camera and another to flat out lie about facts.  I'm not an never trump or never anyone guy.  I asked a simple question and it never fails that when you question our current president, his "side" will always spout back with "well so and so said this".  Its true for both sides.  We're fucked. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, uhhello said:

Its true for both sides.  We're fucked. 

We actually agree.

I'm not a Trump the man fan per se.  I do like very much what he represents and what he accomplished in upsetting Washington on both sides.

I've stated it multiple times before - he beat 16 other run of the mill and/or RINO Republicans, then he beat Hillary.  Why is that?

Washington, on both sides, didn't like the fact that the plebes upset their collective applecart and are reacting to that 'outrage.'

It has been amusing/saddening to see the true intentions/character/actions of the NeverTrumpers and the Republican leadership as well as the Democrats' going full retard in blind opposition (when this is probably the guy to do a deal with).  To wit, with the House and the Senate, the GOP refused to repeal Obamacare, among other issues, that they swore, repeatedly, was their priority.  They had their chance, for two years, and refused to do so, because they lied repeatedly.

If he's allowed to succeed, massive character flaws and all, then the DC good times are jeopardized for a long while, not just this anomaly that thus far has caused the Weekly Standard to go belly-up along with the cushy editorial jobs/TV appearances.

So, I want Trump to succeed.  Not to stroke his massive, yet curiously fragile, ego, but to demonstrate that the great unwashed masses still run the show, not the select few, or as stated above, "Those in society, who’s opinions matter on the topic."

I want to believe that my opinion matters.

And I want my children to have that opportunity as well.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, drewpey said:

Yep, so what I said - He never said we're getting a 10% raise.  What he was wrong on was the "no raise in 10 years" and "one of the biggest raises."  Although maybe (I don't care enough to do the math) with the new standard deduction this may be the most take home pay increase for a lot of mil...but that's not what he specifically said, so not a defending him, just a thought.

Also, Brick fucking nailed it.

Edited by brabus
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, brickhistory said:

We actually agree.

I'm not a Trump the man fan per se.  I do like very much what he represents and what he accomplished in upsetting Washington on both sides.

I've stated it multiple times before - he beat 16 other run of the mill and/or RINO Republicans, then he beat Hillary.  Why is that?

Washington, on both sides, didn't like the fact that the plebes upset their collective applecart and are reacting to that 'outrage.'

It has been amusing/saddening to see the true intentions/character/actions of the NeverTrumpers and the Republican leadership as well as the Democrats' going full retard in blind opposition (when this is probably the guy to do a deal with).  To wit, with the House and the Senate, the GOP refused to repeal Obamacare, among other issues, that they swore, repeatedly, was their priority.  They had their chance, for two years, and refused to do so, because they lied repeatedly.

If he's allowed to succeed, massive character flaws and all, then the DC good times are jeopardized for a long while, not just this anomaly that thus far has caused the Weekly Standard to go belly-up along with the cushy editorial jobs/TV appearances.

So, I want Trump to succeed.  Not to stroke his massive, yet curiously fragile, ego, but to demonstrate that the great unwashed masses still run the show, not the select few, or as stated above, "Those in society, who’s opinions matter on the topic."

I want to believe that my opinion matters.

And I want my children to have that opportunity as well.

Nailed it.  Republicans had the majority for how long?  Nobody has the balls to do anything.  I want Trump to succeed as well but his personality and methods won't allow it which is hilarious because its what got him elected 🙂  I'm truly curious as to what goes on in his head.  Is he a genius who knows just the right buttons to push and how far to push it or is he just getting stupid lucky with the current political climate and so forth.  

Using his success in business over his life, I'd say he mostly knows how to push the right buttons to get the desired results.  I don't think he'd be where he is if it was all just being "stupid lucky."  His personality, demeanor, actions, etc. are a long ways off from what is typically expected in a "real" politician, but as Brick said, that's probably exactly what we needed at this point in our history.  The "standard" politicians have given us shit (on both sides of the aisle), so why the fuck would the people want to elect another "standard politician?"  I'm all for wrecking the political class in our country - we need to get back to what the founders wanted and away from this horrible "career politician" bullshit.  Despite Trump's off color personality and questionable words/actions at times, I hope he has started the movement to bring this country back to the people and out of the hands of the unspoken "ruling class" (e.g. wealthy, career politicians).

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, uhhello said:

Not even close to comparable.  

“Combat operations in Afghanistan are over....”

”no boots on the ground....”

”we will engage in a support capacity in Libya...”

i mean I guess we were all some kind of special forces or something from 2012 until 2016, because I swear I was engaged in a war that was so secret it couldn’t even be acknowledged publicly. 

Edited by Lawman