The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HeloDude said:

A little more than two weeks out from the midterms--any projections?

IMHO, the Repubs will barely hold the house and it will be a tie in the Senate. My long term forecast for the 2020 Presidential election: President Trump won't run and at the end of the day we will finally have our first female President.  It will be Dot (Nikki/Repub) versus Feather (Pocahontas/Dem), with Dot winning bigly (Even winning the Native American voting bloc):<)

I don't see Republicans holding the House, but I also don't see the Dems gaining any seats in the Senate. I did think 538's piece this morning on the Democratic fundraising advantage could portend unexpected results, but I don't know what to make of it any more than Nate Silver does.

• Upvote 1

My current prediction is that the GOP picks up 1-2 seats in the Senate.  As far the House, I have done some research on some individual races that are competitive/Dems believe they'll flip, but have obviously not researched to the extent of the professionals.  That being said, my current prediction is that the GOP loses the House by a few seats.  I imagine it will be a late Tuesday night in a little over a couple of weeks.

It will be interesting to see if Ginsburg or Breyer leaves SCOTUS in the next couple of years...or if Thomas retires early so Trump can name his replacement.

On 10/20/2018 at 10:48 AM, HeloDude said:

My current prediction is that the GOP picks up 1-2 seats in the Senate.  As far the House, I have done some research on some individual races that are competitive/Dems believe they'll flip, but have obviously not researched to the extent of the professionals.  That being said, my current prediction is that the GOP loses the House by a few seats.  I imagine it will be a late Tuesday night in a little over a couple of weeks.

It will be interesting to see if Ginsburg or Breyer leaves SCOTUS in the next couple of years...or if Thomas retires early so Trump can name his replacement.

Ginsberg is holding on for all she’s worth; no way she retires willingly until the next Dem administration. 

I chuckle when people whined about the politicization of the court over the past two months. YGBSM. You think it was a coincidence that Souter & Stevens retired under Obama?  Did Rehnquist and O’Connor coincidentally retire under W?  All this drama with the court shifting barely right (trading conservative swing vote for more conservative justice); imagine what happens if Trump names RBg’s successor. The whining will be unbearable. 

Ginsberg is holding on for all she’s worth; no way she retires willingly until the next Dem administration. 
I chuckle when people whined about the politicization of the court over the past two months. YGBSM. You think it was a coincidence that Souter & Stevens retired under Obama?  Did Rehnquist and O’Connor coincidentally retire under W?  All this drama with the court shifting barely right (trading conservative swing vote for more conservative justice); imagine what happens if Trump names RBg’s successor. The whining will be unbearable. 
Whining? No, it will be a full on tantrum.

I'm mostly convinced the reason he picked Kavanaugh is because he wanted to save Coney-Barrett for the possibility RGB dies in the next couple years. The left will go nuclear if RGB is replaced under Trump, and the optics of the Dems yelling at a woman about abortion is exactly the type of thing that Trump exploits perfectly.
  • Upvote 2

Stock market has taken a nose dive in recent days - lost everything for the year so far.  If Trump was responsible for the upslope, then he owns this.  No big whoop, just out there...

Mueller Special Counsel team having its ass handed to it when one defendant fights back:

https://www.redstate.com/streiff/2018/10/24/muellers-team-continues-humiliation-hands-russian-oligarch/

Admittedly, RedState is a right side of the aisle outlet, but the messenger does not change the court transcripts.  And certainly the tame media isn't going to cover anything that makes Mueller's team look buffoonish.

Senate - GOP up by 2-3 with no losses.

House - from maaaaaybe the GOP holds to a slim Democrat majority.  She's baaaack:

ap-pelosi-bug-eyes.jpg

On 10/19/2018 at 6:06 PM, waveshaper said:

IMHO, the Repubs will barely hold the house and it will be a tie in the Senate. My long term forecast for the 2020 Presidential election: President Trump won't run and at the end of the day we will finally have our first female President.  It will be Dot (Nikki/Repub) versus Feather (Pocahontas/Dem), with Dot winning bigly (Even winning the Native American voting bloc):<)

Just curious, why do you think Trump won’t run in 2020?

8 hours ago, dream big said:

Just curious, why do you think Trump won’t run in 2020?

Just a wild, wild, guess on my part. Heck, it's hard to predict what President Trump will do in the next 24 hours. That being said, I've always believed the first female President would be a Republican and for me, Nikki fits the bill perfectly.

I would advise the progressives to start stocking up on the these items now, because if Nikki or another Republican female wins in 2020 they will be flying off the shelves;

Image result for adult diapers

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Stock market has taken a nose dive in recent days - lost everything for the year so far.  If Trump was responsible for the upslope, then he owns this.  No big whoop, just out there..

This has a lot to do with the hoax mail bomb scare and the Fed insisting they will continue to raise interest rates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, MooseAg03 said:

This has a lot to do with the hoax mail bomb scare and the Fed insisting they will continue to raise interest rates.

Yep. Fuckin’ Deep State’s a bitch. 

Yep. in’ Deep State’s a bitch. 

The Fed really has no choice at this point. We couldn’t stay at interest rates of zero for forever.

As for the “pipe bombs” it sure seems real convenient, huh? None exploded, and some were possibly not even capable of detonation. And they’re all sent to people the President has been critical of. I’m not surprised by anything I see these days.

In other news, I have a reliable source telling me that all these years the chemtrails I’ve been diligently spraying are really compounds specifically designed to suppress red state voter turnout (I always wondered why we turned them on over Iowa). Well, I for one am disgusted by this practice and will be sending a letter to my congressional representative as well as Infowars, and probably that redstate.com website as well, blowing the top on this whole sick operation! Just as soon as I get my Alex Jones branded tin foil hat and penis enlargement ointment. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Prozac said:

In other news, I have a reliable source telling me that all these years the chemtrails I’ve been diligently spraying are really compounds specifically designed to suppress red state voter turnout (I always wondered why we turned them on over Iowa). Well, I for one am disgusted by this practice and will be sending a letter to my congressional representative as well as Infowars, and probably that redstate.com website as well, blowing the top on this whole sick operation! Just as soon as I get my Alex Jones branded tin foil hat and penis enlargement ointment. 

Don’t fall for that penis enlargement ointment trick, it’s another Deep State false flag plot.  Just lookup Anaconda Malt Liquor if you need proof.

Edited by DirkDiggler
Added gif
  • Haha 1

Humor me younguns, I’m in Portugal enjoying my time left and wine.  With that being said, despite differences I see posted, I believe we are all wanting the best for OUR country.   Many a time (1969-1972) I recall acrimonious verbal volleyball about the whys?   Still we focused on Mutual Support every day.  Appreciate differences of opinions, but Check each other’s 6, as we are all, or have been in the game.

• Upvote 6

It’s awfully quiet here.  Republicans keep the senate while Dems take the house.  The house will do everything in its’ power to get rid of Trump while tripping over themselves while Trump has guaranteed himself another Supreme Court pick when RBG bites the dust thanks to the senate.  Here in Texas there is hardly any “blue wave,” as some would wish.  Let the 2020 blood bath begin.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 10/19/2018 at 7:38 PM, mcbush said:

I don't see Republicans holding the House, but I also don't see the Dems gaining any seats in the Senate. 

Think it's quiet because this election pretty much went exactly as expected, at least more so than any other in recent memory. 

Not sure I'd characterize Texas as business as usual, though. The TX senate race during the 2014 midterms saw Cornyn (R) win by a tally of 61.6% to 34.4%, with a total of 4.4 million votes cast. Compare those numbers to this year, where Cruz wins 50.9% to 48.3% with over 8.2 million votes cast. Not enough to flip the state, but still a significant change. 

Story of the day, in my opinion, is the firing of Jeff Sessions.