The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

On September 21, 2018 at 12:56 PM, nsplayr said:

If after an investigation happens the allegations are true, withdraw him, nominate Hardiman or whoever else, and press...the GOP will still hold the WH and the Senate until January at a bare minimum, likely longer. After holding the Scalia seat open for over a year, I don't see any reason whatsoever for hasty speed to confirm Kavanaugh to a lifetime appointment that will likely last 30+ years.

Well, you got your investigation...now comes the vote.  Democrats overplayed their hand.

11 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

Well, you got your investigation...now comes the vote.  Democrats overplayed their hand.

Go ahead and vote, if this is the guy the GOP wants then they should have the votes to get him. Remained true the whole time. Glad at least some kind of investigation happened at a bare minimum. Still would not vote for him and his testimony during the second hearing was very problematic from my point of view.

10 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

Go ahead and vote, if this is the guy the GOP wants then they should have the votes to get him. Remained true the whole time. Glad at least some kind of investigation happened at a bare minimum. Still would not vote for him and his testimony during the second hearing was very problematic from my point of view.

Of course it was

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

Kind of like how Hillary Clinton's testimony went several years ago.  Oh well...at this point, what difference does is make?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

See the source image

• Like 1

If your entire professional career was being railroaded on a national stage by uncorroborated allegations you would have been angry during testimony as well. All he did was wind up as the next Justice that shifts the balance, it wouldn’t have mattered who was nominated, there would have been yahoos out there claiming ridiculous stuff like we’ve seen over the past month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/4/2018 at 4:53 PM, nsplayr said:

Anything with (R) after their name you’re gonna have a problem with, stop pretending ridiculously false charges are “concerning”, even you know it’s too far and too much, but hell, you might be an end justifies the means kinda guy. But I don’t feel that.  

This is more proof the court is too powerful for our limited government.

On 10/6/2018 at 11:38 AM, matmacwc said:

Anything with (R) after their name you’re gonna have a problem with, stop pretending ridiculously false charges are “concerning”, even you know it’s too far and too much, but hell, you might be an end justifies the means kinda guy. But I don’t feel that.  

This is more proof the court is too powerful for our limited government.

I mean, you don't have to believe me, but I honestly didn't have a problem with Gorsuch, Alito or Roberts. I had a big problem with the way Gorsuch was named to a seat held open for nakedly partisan reasons, but he seems like a good guy. I don't agree with his judicial philosophy, which is largely shared by all the conservative members of the court, but that's nothing against him or them personally.

I was very concerned by the allegations against Judge Kavanaugh, and especially by his demeanor during the second hearing. It's not clear he can remain nonpartisan when under pressure, his argumentative tone with some of the Senators questioning him was unbecoming, and it's pretty clear to me he was lying under oath about his drinking habits in high school and college. Those drinking habits wouldn't on their own be that problematic given his life since then, but lying under oath will always be a big deal.

But, he's confirmed now, so not much can be done about all that. I still wish Kavanaugh had been withdrawn, but I hope he turns out to be a good justice. Given his age, he'll be on the court until I'm a crusty old retiree on Medicare, so fingers crossed.

Edited by nsplayr
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Damn, I would have had the same demeanor as Kavanaugh if I was being accused of the same as him. They were personal attacks and I don’t blame him for vehemently rebutting them. He’s supposedly never had any issues with demeanor previously while on the bench and I don’t expect that he will have any in the future. I can’t imagine he’ll receive any such treatment while in the SCOTUS courtroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

Not satire. If you’re left leaning how are you not embarrassed where the radical left is taking the democrat party?

I'll give the Democrats an A for effort. I would recommend that the President award all the Senate Democrats (minus Manchin), and a few key lawyers the "Presidential Medal of Freedom with V Device" (Avenatti should be awarded two V Devices).  Note: This particular V Device wouldn't be for Valor but for the V-Day Movement or V-????, etc, etc.

Edited by waveshaper

I wonder how many "near center" democrats are fed up and withdrawing support for a party that probably once aligned with their viewpoints, but now has turned into an emotional dumpster fire? Personally I'm fed up with the majority of our politicians and disagree with several Republicans, but this incredibly polarized left is destroying their own party's credibility.  The big problem across the entire political spectrum these days is so much emotion - absorb credible facts, look at the data, then make decisions. People of all political affiliations are unable to apparently do that these days, but the left is in general significantly leading that charge by miles.

Team loyalties are very strong. People get depressed/jubilant/furious when "their" team of perfect strangers perform a certain way in a kids' game. They attack other people for wearing the costumes of opposing teams. Now politics is a team sport. We can expect similar performances as long as this remains true

• Upvote 3

Mr Ratner is right but not on the scale, politics is alot of the lefts religion.

The real test will be when RBG exits stage left, if Pres T is smart, he's holding Amy Whateberhername in reserve because her past is flawless.  It's fun to see the feminist fight against a woman, it mutes their arguments.

I think this fight is the one really everyone is planning.

Edited by matmacwc

17 minutes ago, matmacwc said:

Mr Ratner is right but not on the scale, politics is alot of the lefts religion.

The real test will be when RBG exits stage left, if Pres T is smart, he's holding Amy Whateberhername in reserve because her past is flawless.  It's fun to see the feminist fight against a woman, it mutes their arguments.

I think this fight is the one really everyone is planning.

“She’s Catholic, it just shows she is part of the patriarchy.”

Calling it now. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SurelySerious said:

“She’s Catholic, it just shows she is part of the patriarchy."

I think most people know the "patriarchy" game just makes the majority or voters roll their eyes. The Dems just need to keep doing what they are doing, to keep getting the results they are getting.  Fine by me.

Edited by matmacwc