The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

2 hours ago, Lawman said:

TDY? Their job takes them to D.C., that's a PCS for an assignment as far as it would be concerned for me or any other service member. We make captains PCS for the career course which is barely a year and then move immediately following.

Instead of TDY they should either move their families to their duty location or could make the choice to go in a 2 year bachelor status the way any service member that doesn't want to uproot their family for such a short period of time with no predictability on how long they will be there and let them pay out of pocket like we would.

these people for thinking they are special because their "duty" takes them away from home that we would be told to either move or receive no extra pay for.

Uhh.. No..  Most have offices and operate in their districts when they're not in D.C. It's not a PCS.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Buddy Spike said:

Uhh.. No..  Most have offices and operate in their districts when they're not in D.C. It's not a PCS.

This.  I want my representative to keep his home and his family in my district and spend as much time here as possible.  Stipend?  Show me that there's a need.  There may actually be a legitimate justification.  Despite the apparent popular belief, congressional representatives aren't exactly lavishly paid.  I doubt any are hurting, but there may be a few who struggle with all of the travel and expenses in Washington vs. their districts.  Again, show me the need......perhaps a stipend is in order only for junior representatives who have not yet secured alternate living arrangements in D.C.  Then again, how do I know they're not spending it all on hookers and blow?  Maybe some sort of Congressional crashpad arrangement is what's needed instead.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Homestar said:

This is why we only get millionaires in Congress.

We only get millionaires in Congress because our system makes it impossible to get elected without spending millions of dollars.

35 minutes ago, pawnman said:

We only get millionaires in Congress because our system makes it impossible to get elected without spending millions of dollars.

I'm not sure y'all are tracking.  There's occasional thousandaires elected to congress.  They almost invariably leave as millionaires.

Remember the STOCK act?  Pepperidge Farm remembers.

• Upvote 1

Build them dorms to live in. Problem solved.

This, and a cafeteria to put them on meal cards.

This woe's me shit from people who somehow make fortunes as "public servants" is crap.

These are the same people that would see something as absurd as time limit adjusting per diem rates because after 30 days you're gonna negotiate costs down in Japan and think that's ok.... but not for me.
  • Upvote 2

Make them truly part time. Give them per diem while in town when Congress is in session. They should be spending the majority of their time with constituents and less time with lobbyists in Washington. A plus is that the less time they huddle together in their DC bubble, the less time they have to pass stupid legislation that ruins our lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maybe this belongs in WTF! thread...
#CNNBLACKMAIL
CNN reporter finds maker of "Trump beating up CNN" fake wrestling video, threatens to out/doxx 15 yo meme maker, if he/she doesn't stop making meme.  Ran it as breaking news on 4th of July.
I'm speechless...

Who ever said the Reddit user was 15?

maybe this belongs in WTF! thread...
#CNNBLACKMAIL
CNN reporter finds maker of "Trump beating up CNN" fake wrestling video, threatens to out/doxx 15 yo meme maker, if he/she doesn't stop making meme. Ran it as breaking news on 4th of July.
I'm speechless...

The media group who accuses a president for attacking and marginalizing them as fake news going out of its way to hold its critics hostage....

Irony doesn't seem to cover it.
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, the g-man said:

Who ever said the Reddit user was 15?

Allegedly per a 4chan user. 

Underage or of age, still a very scary thing what the thought police did.

Somehow online stalking technique against an internet satire video maker is considered to be investigative journalism now. 

It doesn't say much good about CNN that after seeing the President tweet a rude meme, they decide the best course of action is to do some open source intel gathering in order to go after the guy who photoshopped their logo into a years old wrestling video, have him apologize, delete his account, and imply they will publicly ID him if he ever posts things they don't like in the future.

Legally, it's probably a stretch to go for a criminal blackmail charge...but seriously, this is what an international news organization thinks is a good idea?!

• Upvote 3

Sad thing is last week in two separate videotaped discussions, 2 CNN producers and Van Jones were both taped basically admitting that the whole Russia collusion conspiracy was BS, and they were only pursuing it for ratings.  Also they retracted two stories alleging Trump associates were colluding with Russia (Anthony Scaramucci).  Yet they get upset over attacks against them?

42 minutes ago, Vito said:

Sad thing is last week in two separate videotaped discussions, 2 CNN producers and Van Jones were both taped basically admitting that the whole Russia collusion conspiracy was BS, and they were only pursuing it for ratings.

Caveat: I do not watch or particularly like CNN. Cable news as a whole is about 90% junk food television and 6-9% news. I also have have a specific dislike for Van Jones above and beyond CNN as a whole.

That being said, this one is pretty easy to get a fuller picture on. Real Van Jones' response here: http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/29/opinions/much-ado-about-nothing-burger-van-jones/index.html

His point is that nothing is gonna come of the Russia investigation this week and that Democrats need to let the relevant investigators do their jobs while staying focused on kitchen table issues that actually affect American families. I agree. 

I keep telling my liberal friends not to get wrapped up in collusion crap because when the networks finally admit its nothing, they will be let down like they were the day after the election.  They are turning themselves bipolar.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Caveat: I do not watch or particularly like CNN. Cable news as a whole is about 90% junk food television and 6-9% news. I also have have a specific dislike for Van Jones above and beyond CNN as a whole.
That being said, this one is pretty easy to get a fuller picture on. Real Van Jones' response here: http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/29/opinions/much-ado-about-nothing-burger-van-jones/index.html
His point is that nothing is gonna come of the Russia investigation this week and that Democrats need to let the relevant investigators do their jobs while staying focused on kitchen table issues that actually affect American families. I agree.

20 minutes on a SIPR computer will pretty much dispel these Manchuria candidate conspiracy theories.

The fact that Democratic Party members who only go in front of the Camera with the parties blessing keep milking this forward is nothing more than partisan politics.

At this point Trump could bomb the Kremlin and critics allude to whether or not he is trying to conceal the evidence.
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2017 at 3:40 PM, matmacwc said:

I keep telling my liberal friends not to get wrapped up in collusion crap because when the networks finally admit its nothing, they will be let down like they were the day after the election.  They are turning themselves bipolar.  

It's a specific disorder that's swept this part of the world recently, while still in the research phase, neurological experts have given it the name : TDS

Trump Derangement Syndrome 

Said experts warn of its contagious effects.  It is highly advised not to attempt to treat said individuals with common sense and logic, you may be labeled a bigot, racist, white privileged patriarch.

edit: returned from acronym school, thanks nsplyr; point still stands though.

Edited by dream big
  • Upvote 2