The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

Like brick said, "both sides pretty much suck".

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 0:03 PM, 1111 said:

Is it on track to beat Barry's 2.5 million folks that were deported?

Can't pump up your deportation numbers if you discourage illegal border-crossing to begin with.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2017/05/17/deportations-under-president-trump-undocumented-immigrants/101786264/

Highlights:
-Arrests up 38%
-Arrests of those with immigration violations tripled (a couple months under Trump compared against a couple months under Obama, possibly taken to look Trump look better)
-"Under Obama, undocumented immigrants had to be a gang member, convicted of a felony, or convicted of several misdemeanors to be deemed a deportation priority"... Trump actually calls crossing the border illegally what it is... A crime. No more "noncriminal" illegal border crossers (exactly as stupid as it sounds)
-"Under Obama, ICE agents who were conducting raids or seeking specific individuals could generally not arrest other undocumented immigrants they encountered along the way." Again, Trump doesn't care about Obama's PC fine print.
-Deportations are 12% less than Obamas, primarily because illegal border crossings (easy and fast deportations) have dropped 67%

Edited by tk1313
  • Upvote 2

I know a guy from another board who had Art 32 proceedings initiated against him for what he posted anonymously from a government computer.

If you put your CAC and pin in, it wasn't anonymous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Ho Lee Fuk said:

my last post...

...he’s suppressed substantive comments that he disagrees with and turned this thread into a pro-Trump echo-chamber. 

Adios baseops!

I wondered where that nearly epic-length post went.

My brilliant (ahem) rejoinder about "corpseman" and "57 states" only made sense when compared to your screed about how inarticulate Trump is and how gifted an orator Barack Obama was/is and how smart he is coming from his Harvard then community organizing background as compared to the Trumpinator who has decades of experience as a billionaire CEO.  For a laugh, google a speech where Obama's teleprompter took a dump.

In particular, you took exception to how Trump pronounces the word "Nazi."  You didn't like his "Naz-eeee" and wanted whatever you think is the correct way to say the word.  "Not-si" I would imagine.

But, invoking a little history from someone who, you know, actually fought Nazis, you'd probably lose your mind if you actually heard a speech from Winston Churchill.  His "Nar-zee" should've cost him the war at least from the pronunciation police forces.

As to M2's censoring, I defer to him (and the other mods) on judgement calls.  Since the posts of those others who aren't enamored with Trump seem to remain although they seem to be in the minority, your "echo chamber" also seems to be inaccurate.

• Upvote 2

Turn the news off, go outside, and do something manly. 

If something newsworthy happens, it will show up in cartoons or you will be called to deploy. 

Being "hyper informed" and wringing your hands on the Internet will not change the course of events. 

• Upvote 8

On 5/23/2017 at 6:47 AM, gearpig said:

Have there been any changes in my life since Jan 20? The only one I can think of is my investment accounts keep climbing higher. Wouldn't it be nice if we obsessed over results instead of people?

How's the economy? What's being done with my tax money? Am I becoming more or less free? Are there any new conflicts? Are we deploying more or less? Are good laws being passed? Are current laws being enforced? Am I more or less likely to be attacked? Etc.

I'm waiting to find out before I declare the country's gone to hell. I could watch the news all day today and never get an answer. What I would get, is 24 hours of the same "feelings" about a man that you have.

Dude, 

What an excellent post.  Saying this as a guy who doesn't like the man.

Thanks for the perspective

Edited by sputnik

On 5/22/2017 at 8:29 PM, brickhistory said:

As to M2's censoring, I defer to him (and the other mods) on judgement calls.  Since the posts of those others who aren't enamored with Trump seem to remain although they seem to be in the minority, your "echo chamber" also seems to be inaccurate.

Not that I need to explain any moderator actions on here, but just to get the facts straight I did not "delete" Ho Lee Fuk's post but simply hid it pending a moderator/admin review.  I extended the courtesy to let him know that, and he goes fucking ballistic about it.  I strongly suspect he may have been someone that has been previously banned from this forum.   If not, he can join that individual (who still regularly monitors BaseOps and posts his opinions about it in his "blog") in bitching about how things are run here.  I honestly couldn't care any less...

• Upvote 5

WWHHAAAAATTT?!  Two sides to the story?!

:beer:

You obviously aren't interested in a job at the Washington Post, New York Times, or any major TV network.

edited to add:  Or a divorce lawyer...

Edited by brickhistory

• 2 weeks later...

outstanding WSJ analysis:

WSJ Article, you may have to pay to view

The ‘Independent’ Mr. Comey

His prepared testimony shows why he deserved to be fired.

"The most troubling part of Mr. Comey’s statement is his belief in what he calls “the FBI’s traditionally independent status in the executive branch,” which he invokes more than once. Independent? This is a false and dangerous view of law enforcement in the American system.

Mr. Comey is describing an FBI director who essentially answers to no one. But the police powers of the government are awesome and often abused, and the only way to prevent or correct abuses is to report to elected officials who are accountable to voters. A director must resist intervention to obstruct an investigation, but he and the agency must be politically accountable or risk becoming the FBI of J. Edgar Hoover.

Mr. Comey says Mr. Trump strongly suggested in February that he close the Michael Flynn file, but after conferring with his “FBI senior leadership” he decided not to relay the conversation to Attorney General Jeff Sessions or any other Justice Department superior. If he thought he was being unduly pressured he had a legal obligation to report, and in our view to resign, but he says he didn’t because “we expected” that Mr. Sessions would recuse himself from Russia involvement.

Well, how did he know? Mr. Sessions didn’t recuse himself until two weeks later. Mr. Comey also didn’t tell the acting Deputy AG, who at the time was a U.S. attorney whom Mr. Comey dismisses as someone “who would also not be long in the role.”

This remarkable presumptuousness is the Comey mindset that was on display last year. He broke Justice Department protocol to absolve Hillary Clinton’s mishandling of classified material, without the involvement of Justice prosecutors or even telling then Attorney General Loretta Lynch. Mr. Comey’s disregard for the chain of legal command is why Mr. Trump was right to fire him, whatever his reasons."

Edited by panchbarnes
  • Upvote 4

On 5/22/2017 at 7:33 AM, HeloDude said:

Sure it does.  If it doesn't, then why didn't the Supreme Court step in and make a ruling that the Senate had to offer a hearing?

I don't think that's how the Supreme Court operates... they don't just "step in" whenever they feel like it. A lawsuit in the lower courts has to occur first, then it goes to the appeals courts, and then onto the supreme court and then  they hear the case ONLY if they feel it needs reviewed at their level. 

3 hours ago, Vertigo said:

I don't think that's how the Supreme Court operates... they don't just "step in" whenever they feel like it. A lawsuit in the lower courts has to occur first, then it goes to the appeals courts, and then onto the supreme court and then  they hear the case ONLY if they feel it needs reviewed at their level. 

Again, I'm not aware of any court challenges by those who disagreed with the Senate...perhaps I missed it?

Again, I'm not aware of any court challenges by those who disagreed with the Senate...perhaps I missed it?

There were no court challenges (since they weren't breaking any rules), so the SCOTUS could not do anything. Dems knew they were SOL. Raising a court challenge would have just given the gop a court victory to shield themselves with

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2017 at 6:36 PM, UltWarrior said:

People on the left I have noticed will yell, threaten violence, and lie to make their argument. 

Russia story just BS. We meddle in elections of other countries too. Only idiots believed this was the difference in the election. 

Travel ban....Just look at Europe. 

Border Security...Maybe this will help Chicago by cutting off some of the flow of drugs into the city. 

Bernie Sanders...Under FBI investigation

H. Clinton..If an officer or enlisted had classified messages on a server, they would lose all access to classified. But she walks around like she didn't do anything wrong, yet still has a clearance?

Great speech. Well sourced arguments. You are clearly a man with unlimited political potential. 

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Great speech. Well sourced arguments. You are clearly a man with unlimited political potential. 

In his defense... when's the last time you saw well-sourced articles consistently making headlines. Hard to start a twitter war between edgy teenagers when you use well thought out arguments.

6 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Errr, most WaPo/NYT/CBS/NBC/ABC/CNN, etc, etc, et-bloody-c, don't seem to be bothering with "well-sourced" so perhaps you reach too far?

If the price of harpooning the Trumpster is the occasional retraction or correction, well that's only minor collateral damage.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, brickhistory said:

Errr, most WaPo/NYT/CBS/NBC/ABC/CNN, etc, etc, et-bloody-c, don't seem to be bothering with "well-sourced" so perhaps you reach too far?

If the price of harpooning the Trumpster is the occasional retraction or correction, well that's only minor collateral damage.

Well, you don't remember Vertigo of the past do you?

U.S. Representative Chaffetz wants members in congress to receive a $2,500 stipend. Not sure if that is monthly or not. Why not get the TDY rate for DC and BAH for where you live like the military would? Wouldn't be enough to support their lavish spending.

U.S. Representative Chaffetz wants members in congress to receive a $2,500 stipend. Not sure if that is monthly or not. Why not get the TDY rate for DC and BAH for where you live like the military would? Wouldn't be enough to support their lavish spending.

TDY? Their job takes them to D.C., that's a PCS for an assignment as far as it would be concerned for me or any other service member. We make captains PCS for the career course which is barely a year and then move immediately following.

Instead of TDY they should either move their families to their duty location or could make the choice to go in a 2 year bachelor status the way any service member that doesn't want to uproot their family for such a short period of time with no predictability on how long they will be there and let them pay out of pocket like we would.

these people for thinking they are special because their "duty" takes them away from home that we would be told to either move or receive no extra pay for.

2 hours ago, UltWarrior said:

As if they didn't make enough. Don't take the job if you don't like the pay.

• Upvote 1