The Next President is...

disgruntledemployee

2 minutes ago, slc said:

Aah we’ll be back in that hole in 6-9 months. I had a front row seat in ‘14 in Iraq for that debacle

I don’t think we’ll be back this time.  I had the same experience in Iraq, but the mood was very different in 2013 and early 2014 before we re-invaded:  Obama was doing everything he could to let ISIS have their caliphate but those idiots could not resist provoking him with their disgusting torture propaganda.  

The Taliban will do a lot of terrible things when they regain control, but beheading western journalists and aid workers while filming it, making snazzy videos and mocking the impotence of our president is not one of those things. I think we’re out of that place for good.

13 hours ago, DosXX said:

Things seem to be going fine. Hard to be hopeful if you're a conservative but:

Pulling out of Afghanistan 

Rejoined Paris Accords 

Vaccination rollout 

Cabinet appointees

Stimulus Bill 

Infrastructure Plan https://noahpinion.substack.com/p/bidenomics-explained

So...things that Trump did, but Biden gets credit for?  Aside from the Paris Accords, I suppose.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, pawnman said:

So...things that Trump did, but Biden gets credit for?  Aside from the Paris Accords, I suppose.

Just like the economy of 16-19 was something that Obama did, but Trump gets credit for? Aside from the failed tariffs, I suppose.

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Negatory said:

Just like the economy of 16-19 was something that Obama did, but Trump gets credit for? Aside from the failed tariffs, I suppose.

Mmmmm I'll give Obama 16-17, but he had nothing to do with 18-19, let's be real there. You don't get to take credit for shit that occurs more than a year after you've been out of office. 

Why do you think the tariffs failed?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, FLEA said:

Mmmmm I'll give Obama 16-17, but he had nothing to do with 18-19, let's be real there. You don't get to take credit for shit that occurs more than a year after you've been out of office. 

Why do you think the tariffs failed?

Weird, plenty of people blame Obama for the 2008 economy even though he was sworn in back in 2009. So, the housing bubble was Bush Jr’s fault?

7 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

Weird, plenty of people blame Obama for the 2008 economy even though he was sworn in back in 2009. So, the housing bubble was Bush Jr’s fault?

In a sense that he didn't act to mitigate it yes. (Nobody could have stopped it. The housing bubble was a small part of a global recession that included the collapse of the Euro markets such as Greece. However, the housing aspect of it was completely failed policy from a US perspectives and signs of the bubble were apparent as early as 2006) 

Edited by FLEA

17 hours ago, DosXX said:

Rejoined Paris Accords 

Vaccination rollout 

Cabinet appointees

Stimulus Bill 

Hilarious, I truly hope you were kidding!

The biggest indicator the Biden administration isn't doing well is the recent increase in media reporting going after Trump again.  It's the Democrat's "Trump" card when things are going to shit, go after the orange man with the nasty Tweets! :bash:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Negatory said:

In that case, the current economic recovery is due to Trump, right?

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Wait, Biden gets credit for the vaccine rollout that he literally walked into? Remember when he set a goal of 1 million shits per day that had already been met?

Trump did a lot of things wrong, but the vaccine rollout was not one of them.

I’m no expert but I’d bet America has surpassed over 300 million shits per day

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pawnman said:

I never said Trump admin doesn't get credit for vaccine rollout, Afghan policy, and stimulus bill. I don't see what's wrong with saying it's a plus the current admin is continuing to accomplish these and also get credit for what they've done so far.

5 hours ago, M2 said:

Hilarious, I truly hope you were kidding!

Why? I wasn't and can elaborate if you want to actually discuss without insulting and going off on a tangent about the media. 

20 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Trump did a lot of things wrong, but the vaccine rollout was not one of them.

Definitely not. When did I say that? Not sure why many of you here are jittery to attack an argument I'm not making because I'm not in your ideological tribe.

2 hours ago, pawnman said:

In that case, the current economic recovery is due to Trump, right?

Probably easier to admit Presidents don't have the power to affect the economy that much (and shouldn't), but sure if you want to make that argument and be consistent. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/14/2021 at 6:20 PM, DosXX said:

Why? I wasn't and can elaborate if you want to actually discuss without insulting and going off on a tangent about the media.

Please do, as other than reversing every policy from the Trump administration, I have yet to see the Biden group do anything productive...

On 6/13/2021 at 7:15 PM, DosXX said:

Rejoined Paris Accords 

Vaccination rollout 

Cabinet appointees

Stimulus Bill 

I appreciate the answer.  Others here have pointed out that Biden is taking credit for things that were in the works before he took office.  

Infrastructure has become the latest example of Dems manipulating language.  They intentionally use the word infrastructure knowing that a majority of people would support fixing bridges, roads and airports.  But, when you get into it, you hear about things like “human infrastructure”, “healthcare is infrastructure” and “child care is infrastructure”.  It’s just another attempt to spend trillions of dollars on social projects paid for by tax increases on the wealthy.  

The goalposts are constantly shifting.  It’s never enough.  And it all starts with language.  

It’s being done with race.  Notice how white males aren’t being called Nazi’s anymore?  It moved on to white supremacists for a while.  Now, just being white is the problem.  It’s absurd.  

It’s been done with drugs.  We are going to legalize marijuana for medicinal purposes.  Now, I can’t walk around downtown without smelling so much weed that I worry I’m going to pop hot on a drug test.  

It’s why I was opposed to the repeal of DOMA.  It’s not because I have a problem with gay people.  It was because I knew what would happen next.  The end game was never about two gay people trying to live out a normal life through marriage.  It was about the sliding scale of gender, trans, pronouns, etc.  Look where we are now.  It never stops and it’s never enough.  

There are plenty of other issues that we can not bend on knowing there is no end game.  The goal posts will never stop shifting.  Gun rights, abortion and climate change are a few that come to mind.  

• Upvote 9

In the last few days under the Biden/Harris Administration and a Democrat-controlled legislative branch:

- a federal judge ruled Biden's cash for only farmers of color is unconstitutional.  Something about any race being singled out for special treatment or something...

- another federal judge struck down the Biden EO stopping the development of already sold gas/oil leases on federal lands.  Something about contracts being honored or something...

- President Biden was corrected, publicly, several times by the Prime Minister of the UK over names of various G7 guests and topics.  Guess the picture of the First Lady "prepping for the G7" should've been taken seriously and had her answer instead of Jello Pudding Pop guy...

- President Biden said "Libya" instead of "Syria" three separate times, despite being, gently corrected after the first gaffe, in discussions about Syria at the G7 summit.

- President Biden nodded directly and affirmatively when asked by a reporter if he trusted Putin prior to the on-going US/Russia meeting.  The White House Press Office issued a correction, "The POTUS wasn't answering that or any other specific question when he nodded."

- Inflation is equaling that of the late 1970s.

Good and hard.  I hope those that voted for this current debacle get it thusly.

• Like 9

13 hours ago, M2 said:

Please do, as other than reversing every policy from the Trump administration, I have yet to see the Biden group do anything productive...

You have to understand that, for many voters, that is productive. You don’t have to like it, but that’s the honest truth.

4 hours ago, Negatory said:

You have to understand that, for many voters, that is productive. You don’t have to like it, but that’s the honest truth.

I will allow you this. For Trump supporters much of Trump's first year was overturning Obama era policies. It will take about a year for Biden to set the playing field to start building the progress he wants, for better or for worse. 

11 hours ago, FLEA said:

I will allow you this. For Trump supporters much of Trump's first year was overturning Obama era policies. It will take about a year for Biden to set the playing field to start building the progress he wants, for better or for worse. 

That is of course, after "they" tell him what progress he wants. We're getting a good preview of the idiocy that will be.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, ThreeHoler said:

Slaves were told they were independent nationally until 19 Jun 1865.

So, yes, it is an accurate name.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

June 19th 1865 only relates to Galveston and Texas specifically. Most slaves were freed as the Union Army advanced at various dates. In fact the last slaves weren't officially free until December of 1865 since the Union states of Kentucky and Delaware did not outlaw it during the war. 

I think I agree with Congressman Roy. "Juneteenth should be commemorated as the expression of the realization of the end of slavery in the United States - and I commend those who worked for its passage," Roy said. "I could not vote for this bill, however, because the holiday should not be called 'Juneteenth National Independence Day' but rather, ‘Juneteenth National Emancipation [or Freedom or otherwise] Day.’"

• Like 2

15 hours ago, kaputt said:

<snip>Roy said. "I could not vote for this bill, however, because the holiday should not be called 'Juneteenth National Independence Day'"

This just further plays into the "we're different from you," and it's all about the mentality so prevalent today.  No surprise that's the way it has been spun.