Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Homestar said:

I'm a Never Trumper, but have never been an Orange Man Bad-er.  There's a difference I believe.

Also, this is a hot-button culture war topic that isn't representative of all of Biden's policies, just as children in cages wasn't a representation of all of Trump policy. 

 

Kids in cages was started by OBAMA.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Complete and utter malarkey. ONE mainstream network went after Obama, Foxnews, some of it unwarranted Political tripe, some of it valid.  Meanwhile ALL of the remaining mainstream networks suppor

Want to slash American carbon?  Build nuclear power plants.  

When MSNBC announced Trump's win in Iowa, there was an audible grunt from Rachel Madow. By the sound of it, she apparently sat on her sack wrong. Happens to the best of us.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Homestar said:

C'mon. This is the kind of divisive rhetoric that keeps us from discussing issues as a country.

My guess is that we fall in line with a lot more policy than you'd realize.

If by divisive rhetoric you mean facts...ok.  Seriously did you watch the confirmation hearings...you want us to discuss the issues when the freaking nominees won't answer the basic questions?

Straight up facts...trump said shitty things about a lot of people.  His policies on the environment were not in line with climate change and he denied official election results.

Thus far Biden has put kids back in cages...err trailers with bars on the windows.  Nominated a Secretary of HHS that isn't even a doctor, is on record saying he wants to end all private health insurance and refuses to disavow partial birth abortion. And, nominated a undersecretary of HHS that apparently thinks it is ok to amputate sex organs off three year olds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

If by divisive rhetoric you mean facts...ok.  Seriously did you watch the confirmation hearings...you want us to discuss the issues when the freaking nominees won't answer the basic questions?

Straight up facts...trump said shitty things about a lot of people.  His policies on the environment were not in line with climate change and he denied official election results.

Thus far Biden has put kids back in cages...err trailers with bars on the windows.  Nominated a Secretary of HHS that isn't even a doctor, is on record saying he wants to end all private health insurance and refuses to disavow partial birth abortion. And, nominated a undersecretary of HHS that apparently thinks it is ok to amputate sex organs off three year olds.

got it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pawnman said:

These same people argue that 18-year-old high school graduates don't know what they're signing up for when they take on student loans.

And with the constant complaining about student loan debt and campaigning to get the debt erased, i.e. paid for by taxpayers, is never ending thus validating that a substantial sum of those students getting those loans do not have the judgement to assess what they are signing themselves up for when getting a degree they can't actually make a living with.

Edited by TreeA10
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

I've said it several times, I do not like Trump but I voted for him to prevent what you will see below.  How anyone who voted for Biden can watch this without throwing something at the screen is beyond me.  Giving three year olds drugs to change their sex...you are truly some sick s.

 

Did anyone else watch this and think she looks/sounds like a real life version of a Southpark character? 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, herkbier said:

Did anyone else watch this and think she looks/sounds like a real life version of a Southpark character? 

Uncanny. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, HeloDude said:

Really dude?  The left has made the argument that if you voted for Trump then you’re lockstep with what Trump believes, etc.  Hell, the left is still trying to make that argument!  Let me know if you need examples...

By the way, how are those “cages” (or detention holding facilities?) that Biden is forcing children into?

There's a problem in what you just said, and it's *exactly* what the professional DC people want you to do. (But I agree with your point, obviously)

 

There is no longer any connection between the political class and the voter, including on the right. We are now in the phase where we-the-people need to figure that out.

 

"The left" cannot encompass the activists, journalists, professors, politicians, and voters. It's too broad, and intentionally so.

 

Their power comes from making us hate our neighbors. If we can't talk to each other, we won't realize we have far, far, far more in common with our opposing-side neighbor/coworker/friends/etc than we do with the people we're voting for.

 

The left love their polls, yet no polls on transgender sentiment. American voters overwhelmingly agree that men shouldn't play women's sports, and kids shouldn't take puberty blockers without parental consent. The Democrats (professionals, not voters) are trying to are trying to convince their constituency that conservatives hate transgender people and wish them misery and harm. That way the liberal voters don't have to vote for conversion surgery for five-year-olds, they can just vote "against bigotry." This is the same strategy employed in the BLM fight today.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2021 at 10:35 AM, HeloDude said:

Really dude?  The left has made the argument that if you voted for Trump then you’re lockstep with what Trump believes, etc.  Hell, the left is still trying to make that argument!  Let me know if you need examples...

By the way, how are those “cages” (or detention holding facilities?) that Biden is forcing children into?

Fair enough, but the right has done the same, indicating that anyone who votes for Biden is a socialist.  The "leaders" of both sides love their hyperbole.  Nice chunks of red meat their respective bases can chomp on, while staying obedient to their "R" or "D" masters. 

Edited by Swamp Yankee
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2021 at 7:02 AM, ClearedHot said:

NY AG Letitia James mulling request for probe of Gov. Cuomo over sex harass claim

And of course the mess of a mayor that is Deblasio wants the spotlight off him and is willing to throw Cuomo under the bus bus in the process.

NYC Mayor Calls for ‘Full and Independent Investigation' Into Allegations Against Cuomo

Cuomo should do like most middle-aged Italian-American men of means and get a young hot goomar who keeps her mouth shut unless he asks. 

Edited by Swamp Yankee
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Swamp Yankee said:

Cuomo should do like most middle-aged Italian-American men of means and get a young hot goomar who keeps her mouth shut unless he asks. 

tenor.gif?itemid=13459856

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thoughts?

I personally hope he fades away from politics but this would be crazier than Springer in the 90’s!

 

E6185CA9-6E2B-4619-9923-47F3A97AD4E1.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tank said:

Thoughts?

I personally hope he fades away from politics but this would be crazier than Springer in the 90’s!

 

E6185CA9-6E2B-4619-9923-47F3A97AD4E1.png

This just makes my head hurt.

Yep, he can run for Congress. He also could be named Speaker if the delegation were to vote him as such.

The current House/Senate rules don't allow for impeaching two people at the same time. So there would be two trials.

If they impeached Biden and had him removed, Kamala would immediately become President. She would then nominate a VP candidate, subject to confirmation by the House and Senate (simple majority under the 25th amendment, I think).

The same process would occur if Kamala went first. Biden would nominate a VP candidate for confirmation.

The only way the Speaker would get elevated in this scenario is if the House/Senate refuses to vote on the nomination of a new VP, (leaves it vacant) and impeaches the President, thus making the Speaker next in line when convicted.

If there is such a thing as a Chinese/Russian troll farm on Facebook, I bet they put out stuff like this.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Swamp Yankee said:

Fair enough, but the right has done the same, indicating that anyone who votes for Biden is a socialist.  The "leaders" of both sides love their hyperbole.  Nice chunks of red meat their respective bases can chomp on, while staying obedient to their "R" or "D" masters. 

Can’t disagree there.  But it only further supports the opinion that mainstream media is far left as they largely only carry and support only one of these two messages.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, HeloDude said:

Can’t disagree there.  But it only further supports the opinion that mainstream media is far left as they largely only carry and support only one of these two messages.

I've repeated this here and I'm probably wasting keystrokes, but the era of solely-liberal "mainstream media" is past.  There are many established and new conservative-leaning outlets beyond Fox (much of talk radio, OAN, Newsmax, Blaze, NY Post, WSJ editorials, certain podcasts, etc, etc)  Granted, they may not have the same collective viewership (yet) as the liberal outlets but they have the ability to deliver whatever narrative they want.  That said, the two sides are so far apart there aren't any moderate news sources in the US.   An important point because the media/political cabals are trying to get each of us to choose a side and stay in it.   You're not "allowed" to be, for instance, pro-environment AND pro-2A.  Or capitalist AND pro-Obamacare.  It's kind of Orwellian how we are trained to be reflexively loyal to one political party or the other.  End of conspiracy theory rant.  

BBC might be the least biased major outlet.   Of course, bias is in the mind of the consumer.  I'm sure there are folks on the extremes that consider Infowars or Mother Jones moderate. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Swamp Yankee said:

I've repeated this here and I'm probably wasting keystrokes, but the era of solely-liberal "mainstream media" is past.  There are many established and new conservative-leaning outlets beyond Fox (much of talk radio, OAN, Newsmax, Blaze, NY Post, WSJ editorials, certain podcasts, etc, etc)  Granted, they may not have the same collective viewership (yet) as the liberal outlets but they have the ability to deliver whatever narrative they want.  That said, the two sides are so far apart there aren't any moderate news sources in the US.   An important point because the media/political cabals are trying to get each of us to choose a side and stay in it.   You're not "allowed" to be, for instance, pro-environment AND pro-2A.  Or capitalist AND pro-Obamacare.  It's kind of Orwellian how we are trained to be reflexively loyal to one political party or the other.  End of conspiracy theory rant.  

BBC might be the least biased major outlet.   Of course, bias is in the mind of the consumer.  I'm sure there are folks on the extremes that consider Infowars or Mother Jones moderate. 

Have been watching Sky News Australia, they have a different take from the outside looking in. They have much more to lose if Biden mucks up Chinese relations and by their tone they are not confidant.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Prosuper said:

Have been watching Sky News Australia, they have a different take from the outside looking in. They have much more to lose if Biden mucks up Chinese relations and by their tone they are not confidant.

Australian news in general have been beating Biden like a borrowed mule.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, arg said:

Australian news in general have been beating Biden like a borrowed mule.

Weird because I've been watching a lot of Australian youtubers.  Sure, left leaning, but apparently their news is very right leaning? 

Either way they've gone on at length about the sweetheart deals that China has been given by the Conservative governments.  Plus you know, fires destroying their country.


So, I wonder if that's a money thing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Knew not one but two dudes in the BUFF who would share videos on Facebook about how it was a mistake for South Africa to end apartheid. And at Dyess we have someone working at the sim building with QAnon decals on his or her car (also a Texas A&M car ornament, naturally). The crazies are out there.

Edit: I swore I posted this in the Extremism in the Military thread... Must have gone full stupid or weird computer things are happening.

Edited by Disco_Nav963
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to admit I have been impressed by the Presidential press conferences and frank exchange of questions and answers between President Biden and the members of the press since taking office.

  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, brickhistory said:

I have to admit I have been impressed by the Presidential press conferences and frank exchange of questions and answers between President Biden and the members of the press since taking office.

He's trying to set another record. But thankfully the truth and transparency is back.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...