Afghan Caravan (208) 365

Bode

It's still "Wild West-ish" out here but this is actually a great deployment if you like to fly. A lot. I had very low expectations before coming here but the Afghans in the squadron are good dudes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
THREAD REVIVAL...
Any word on AC-208 365s opening up?
Tac I know you may have info but wanted to poll the masses as well.
Cooter

Seems like it’s moving right a bit. Personnel for the 60 program showed up about the time the 60s did.

They are sending Afghans to training starting this fall, not sure how long that will take. Would expect the first group of Advisors in late 2019 maybe early 2020.

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:25 AM, Bode said:

Seems like it’s moving right a bit. Personnel for the 60 program showed up about the time the 60s did.

They are sending Afghans to training starting this fall, not sure how long that will take. Would expect the first group of Advisors in late 2019 maybe early 2020.

Rog...anyone know of any12S Flying 365s? Asking for a friend...

Cooter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm hot and looking for info on the AC-208 to weigh my options.

From what I have heard the RFF is in the works. Short timeline once it’s released. Talking spring of next year for the first birds to show up.

28 minutes ago, Homestar said:

And Afghans at the controls?

Yes

There are many other countries already flying the AC-208 (Iraq, Lebanon) and the Afghans are already at the controls of the A-29, so them flying the AC-208 isn’t that big of deal.  

Edited by Tank

My Boss just sent a solicitation for the first wave of AC-208 this summer. Looking for Capt/Major IPs, 11F/B/S/U preferred but will take others. 

Unfortunately I already have orders in hand to go to Korea. Do those in the know have any idea how long this mission will last? (Broadly, no OPSEC details please) And if this is something you can potentially get into while in the guard? 

Edited by FLEA

My Boss just sent a solicitation for the first wave of AC-208 this summer. Looking for Capt/Major IPs, 11F/B/S/U preferred but will take others. 
Unfortunately I already have orders in hand to go to Korea. Do those in the know have any idea how long this mission will last? (Broadly, no OPSEC details please) And if this is something you can potentially get into while in the guard? 

My guess is the better part of a decade or two. We have been doing it for 208s for almost a decade with no end in sight.