Leave after UPT arrival

Fly4five

Question

I am curious as to how long after I arrive at my UPT base that I can take leave to go back to my previous base to pick up my wife and kids and drive them to UPT. We currently live in WA and either way it's going to be a hefty drive for her and 3 kids so I'd like to come back to help out since I know I'll be on casual for a while anyways. Any answers would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 answers to this question

General rule of thumb a few years ago was no leave until you were in processed, and no leave 10 days before your class start date. I'll caveat that with if you are not a shiny a new Lt and you have something legit like getting your family your probably not going to get shit if one or two things on the checklist isent done. Also make sure you know your class dates, they are subject to change. 

As soon as you show up and get in processed, talk with the STUS FLT/CC. Like viper said, if it's something legit and you actually do your part getting in processed they should at least be willing to work with you. Just don't let it get you in a situation where you are showing up late coming back and get you in a rut from the get go

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

3 hours ago, Fly4five said:

Is there anyway to find out your UPT base prior to OTS to go ahead and PCS your family prior to the start of UPT? I'm Army now and start terminal leave in December before I head off to OTS

I went to UPT after OTS and we all found out during OTS. There is plenty of time to PCS your family after your stay at the Maxell Hilton.  More than likely you'll have 6+ months of wait time before you start. 

Unless you are prior E you may have a an issue with the amount of leave you have at your disposal. I'm not a JFTR expert but there may be an avenue to do a DITY move or home of record move to get it all covered.