Christmas holiday pre-solo

Question

I know AETC goes on exodus over Christmas (10 duty days). What's the word on how that works for new studs who are pre-solo/pre-flight line? I start in one of the Nov classes. Will we be allowed to take leave and head home for exodus?

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

Yes, but they might require to be back earlier than you expect. i.e. No return home flights at 11:00PM the night before work the next day, they will disapprove your leave if you do this, take driving from the airport into account as well.

Rumor on the streets is the 23rd is a full fly day for my location. Safety briefs start at 0800 on the 2nd. I wouldn't expect to get out any earlier than your peers and being the baby class probably means the last flights of the day on the 23rd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go and see the Phase 1 Flt/cc in your Stus. You can expect a week or 10 days off. Don't buy any tickets until you talk to your leadership. I would plan on being back a couple days early so your not a complete idiot when you start again. 

And Lst, stop posting crap about rumors. Facts or don't post. 

Go and see the Phase 1 Flt/cc in your Stus. You can expect a week or 10 days off. Don't buy any tickets until you talk to your leadership. I would plan on being back a couple days early so your not a complete idiot when you start again. 
And Lst, stop posting crap about rumors. Facts or don't post. 

Ok so I will lay it out like this... OG/CC stated to expect it. It's still a rumor because it's not finalized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk