Recommended GoPro?

Spaceballs

Question

6 answers to this question

Pretending the comment above doesn't exist.... I highly recommend the GoPro 4 Silver.... It's nice because it has the screen on the back. Also recommend purchasing from the BX and getting the protection plan. My Gp4 Silver got crushed en-route to the 'stan and the protection plan replaced it, no questions asked!

• Upvote 1

On 10/15/2016 at 8:44 PM, Spaceballs said:

Hey guys, I know almost nothing about GoPros. I've just started looking into one to record some 38 flights and whatever my next plane is. Any recommendations on which one to get? Thanks.

I would agree that having the screen in the back is really nice. But nothing beats the video quality of the Black model. GoPro happened to listen to the consumer and put a screen in the newest GoPro Hero 5 Black. You now have the best of both world. Amazing quality video and amazing user interface. I would say go with Hero5 Black. Plus, the battery lasts longer.

• Upvote 1

Great thread topic, as I too have been wanting to jump onto the GoPro wagon; but have wondered which model to get.

A buddy of mine recently showed me a video he shot with a GoPro when he rented an Alfa Romeo 4C in Italy.  I was impressed at the quality, and decided it would be a fun to have one.

He got his off eBay, but I was wondering if I should do that or buy one of the newer/better ones?  With such items I tend to start off cheap until I am sure it's worth the money to get the latest/greatest model.  Is that a bad idea when it comes to GoPros?

Cheers!  M2

6 hours ago, M2 said:

Great thread topic, as I too have been wanting to jump onto the GoPro wagon; but have wondered which model to get.

A buddy of mine recently showed me a video he shot with a GoPro when he rented an Alfa Romeo 4C in Italy.  I was impressed at the quality, and decided it would be a fun to have one.

He got his off eBay, but I was wondering if I should do that or buy one of the newer/better ones?  With such items I tend to start off cheap until I am sure it's worth the money to get the latest/greatest model.  Is that a bad idea when it comes to GoPros?

Cheers!  M2

When it comes to action camcorders, I would suggest you get a good one from the beginning, instead of buying the cheaper one and then having to sell it when you realize you want the additional features that come with the higher price camera ( like I did ). As stated before, one of the best cameras in the market for all types of use is the GoPro Hero4 or Hero5 Black. If you don't care about having a screen on the camera itself to see what you are recording, I would recommend you stick with the Hero4 Black as it is cheaper than the new Hero5 Black while giving you amazing video quality. On the Hero4 black you can use your smartphone to connect to the camera via WIFI and use the phone as the viewfinder. However, it will result in lower battery life.

Buying a camera off ebay is ideal when you can find a brand new one for much cheaper than the going market price. The current market price for the Hero4 Black is 349, and for the Hero 5 Black is 399. Although I've seen a brand new Hero4 Black on ebay sell for 280 (This is when you should def buy it on ebay.) 

Finally the upgrades from the Hero4 Black to the Hero5 Black are the following. The camera has a screen on the back and is voice activated. Now the camera is waterproof without a case which in turn provides better audio recording since is not being muffled by the case needed on the Hero4 to make it waterproof. The video recording resolution is the same but the actual quality is just a bit better due to a better sensor and upgraded software which gives you digital image stabilization and lastly, the battery lasts a bit longer than the Hero4 Black. I would recommend you at least get the Hero4 Black but it is up to you to decide if these added features of the Hero5 Black are worth the additional costs associated with it. 

• Upvote 1