HuggyU2

NFL Ratings are Way Down

Nonetheless, even when speaking of economic or social status, "equality" doesn't mean "equity."  We don't have equity, nor in a society that values both individual liberty, egalitarianism, and personal responsibility do we desire such a thing.  It is the "land of equal opportunity", not the land of "equal outcomes".

Think you might want to review what equity and equality mean...

Did his incredibly weak command of the English language prevent you from getting the point?

7 hours ago, ihtfp06 said:

They are not synonymous in the social sciences, and they have very specific meanings in the context of this discussion.

Equality refers to the quality of being equal in objective status in society -- that people are all the same under the law.  Equity refers to the equal quality of balance and fairness in society in terms of means and ways -- it is most applicable to discussion of relative economic means and perceived/actual social power.

One refers to opportunity and access, the other refers to outcomes.  One is the core of individualism.  The other is the core of collectivism.

But, thanks.

Edited by Hacker
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 2:16 PM, Smokin said:

You can see how many really care about making a political statement when the Cowboys threatened to fire anyone who knelt.  All stood.  Either everyone on that team feels very different than the rest of the NFL, or the NFL players in general really don't believe in whatever it is they're 'protesting'.

Funny that you believed that internet hoax.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/08/vice-president-mike-pence-leaves-colts-49ers-game-after-players-reportedly-kneel.html

"I left today's Colts game because President Trump and I will not dignify any event that disrespects our soldiers, our Flag, or our National Anthem. At a time when so many Americans are inspiring our nation with their courage, resolve, and resilience, now, more than ever, we should rally around our Flag and everything that unites us." "While everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I don't think it's too much to ask NFL players to respect the Flag and our National Anthem," he continued. "I stand with President Trump, I stand with our soldiers, and I will always stand for our Flag and National Anthem." 

I wish I had seen this real time, but the NFL already lost me and I was at the pool getting a workout in instead of watching the games.

It would be nice to see 30K walk out at these games, someday...maybe.

ATIS

Maybe, maybe not, but it reinforced what a lot of right leaning voters believed, which I think was the purpose.  

47 minutes ago, ThreeHoler said:

He may have walked out but the ticket was still paid for...think the NFL cares?

Was it?  Most of these are comped tix. I would be surprised if anyone paid for them. They were on a suite, not in the stands. At least the local pro teams here provide plenty of comps. 

On 10/9/2017 at 2:16 AM, tac airlifter said:

This is a hoax?

I’m slow to the discussion here, so im seriously asking.

Your comment was made on 9/29 - when at the time Jerry Jones had made no statement and was debunked as a hoax. It wasn't until October 9th that he had came out and said players would "sit". Also notice you said fired... which is what the hoax said. He never said anything like that, and in fact I believe he lead his team in a kneel down to show solidarity with those who had been protesting.

So on 9/29- when you made your comment- there was a hoax saying Jerry Jones was going to fire those who knelt. He then lead his team in kneeling (reference your own article) and remarked he never said such a thing. It wasn't until VP Pence left the game that he came out with a policy that those who knelt would sit during the game.

3 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Your comment was made on 9/29 - when at the time Jerry Jones had made no statement and was debunked as a hoax. It wasn't until October 9th that he had came out and said players would "sit". Also notice you said fired... which is what the hoax said. He never said anything like that, and in fact I believe he lead his team in a kneel down to show solidarity with those who had been protesting.

So on 9/29- when you made your comment- there was a hoax saying Jerry Jones was going to fire those who knelt. He then lead his team in kneeling (reference your own article) and remarked he never said such a thing. It wasn't until VP Pence left the game that he came out with a policy that those who knelt would sit during the game.

What comment did I make on 9/29?