Jump to content
HuggyU2

NFL Ratings are Way Down

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, 1111 said:

Thanks for your feedback.

So Beast and Bennett question get a pass or do you lack the expertise to spell that one out as well?

 

Don't be obtuse; the article in question was about a Kaepernick exhibit, and the objection was made about him versus what they should have in an exhibit about Thomas. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SurelySerious said:

Don't be obtuse; the article in question was about a Kaepernick exhibit, and the objection was made about him versus what they should have in an exhibit about Thomas. 

Oh I get it now, thank you for your feedback!

 

Added: which part of Colin's protest is poorly conceived? Is Beast and Bennet and Long not showing disrespect for the flag? Or do you have different standards of how one should "disrespect" the flag? 

 

Your argument runs like a double standard, but hey that's just me being insensitive and slow to understand.

Edited by 1111
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, 1111 said:

Oh I get it now, thank you for your feedback!

 

Added: which part of Colin's protest is poorly conceived? Is Beast and Bennet and Long not showing disrespect for the flag? Or do you have different standards of how one should "disrespect" the flag? 

 

Your argument runs like a double standard, but hey that's just me being insensitive and slow to understand.

I have no argument, but I am going to continue pointing out to you (since you're "slow") the discussion was about a Kaepernick exhibit at the museum, and there was a claim that Clarence Thomas would be a better subject. 

 

As far as everyone else you keep trying to use as a distraction to the real discussion?

IMG_4236.JPG.d1b139e169f539e2dbf41e5fcef589d0.JPG

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calm down Francis, I am very concerned about your health...question mark!? (Is that the proper use)

 

I asked a simple question, a lot of folks were all high and mighty I see no such outrage for Beast or Bennett. But hey keep on pointing out your point it will serve you well.

I will reserve my question for when Bennet or Beast is being placed in a museum, so like next year. 

Edited by 1111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 1111 said:

I asked a simple question, a lot of folks were all high and mighty I see no such outrage for Beast or Bennett. But hey keep on pointing out your point it will serve you well.

I will reserve my question for when Bennet or Beast is being placed in a museum, so like next year. 

IMG_4243.GIF.4758bb539f66554ada2c4cb071e324dc.GIF

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SurelySerious said:

IMG_4243.GIF.4758bb539f66554ada2c4cb071e324dc.GIF

Francis, you are 100% correct. Beast and Bennet question have no place in this thread "NFL ratings are way down".

 

you are also correct that no one should care, you showed me, I eve up voted you. Thanks for your continued feedback. 

Edited by 1111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just like when all those faggots boycotted Chick-fil-A and they had the biggest week of sales in history.

So Chick-fil-A must love fags!  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, 1111 said:

Francis, you are 100% correct. Beast and Bennet question have no place in this thread "NFL ratings are way down".

 

you are also correct that no one should care, you showed me, I eve up voted you. Thanks for your continued feedback. 

IMG_4244.GIF.74c9f20f6a7534f9e4bc2edbe3d837b6.GIF

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1111, Let me ask you one question. 

I'm an airline pilot.  Let's suppose I show up to fly... in my uniform... for my company... and we take off.  At level off, the seatbelt sign goes off and I begin to talk on the microphone:  "Ladies and gentlemen... from the flight deck... welcome to yada, yada,... seat belt sign is off... yada, yada....  And by the way, folks, I want to tell you what I think about the current political climate in the USA, and discuss my views on the whole LGBTQ scene going on..." 

What do you think my airline should do to me if I decided to do that?  Assuming they didn't ground me or fire me, what if I did that every flight?  

When Kaepernick puts on the uniform, he is there the perform for his team and represent the NFL.  That's it.  Play your silly game to the highest level you can.  You're an employee,.  Execute your job.  

CK's actions... on the job, and in his company uniform... are disgraceful to the company (NFL) and he should be disciplined.  However, Goodell was too weak to do anything, and his "company" let him run amok. 

If CK wants to run his mouth and give his views when he isn't working, he has that right like anyone else.  I'm not sure he really can, since he comes across as not too articulate, and not very well read.  While he probably has a diploma, I seriously doubt he really developed his intellect during his college years.  But while his is in the uniform of an NFL team, he represents that business.  He isn't there to make "statements".  Play your silly game, go home, takeoff the uniform, and then call your press conference.  

Yet another reason I'm glad I gave up watching NFL football in 1992.  

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HuggyU2 said:

1111, Let me ask you one question. 

I'm an airline pilot.  Let's suppose I show up to fly... in my uniform... for my company... and we take off.  At level off, the seatbelt sign goes off and I begin to talk on the microphone:  "Ladies and gentlemen... from the flight deck... welcome to yada, yada,... seat belt sign is off... yada, yada....  And by the way, folks, I want to tell you what I think about the current political climate in the USA, and discuss my views on the whole LGBTQ scene going on..." 

What do you think my airline should do to me if I decided to do that?  Assuming they didn't ground me or fire me, what if I did that every flight?  

When Kaepernick puts on the uniform, he is there the perform for his team and represent the NFL.  That's it.  Play your silly game to the highest level you can.  You're an employee,.  Execute your job.  

CK's actions... on the job, and in his company uniform... are disgraceful to the company (NFL) and he should be disciplined.  However, Goodell was too weak to do anything, and his "company" let him run amok. 

If CK wants to run his mouth and give his views when he isn't working, he has that right like anyone else.  I'm not sure he really can, since he comes across as not too articulate, and not very well read.  While he probably has a diploma, I seriously doubt he really developed his intellect during his college years.  But while his is in the uniform of an NFL team, he represents that business.  He isn't there to make "statements".  Play your silly game, go home, takeoff the uniform, and then call your press conference.  

Yet another reason I'm glad I gave up watching NFL football in 1992.  

 

 

To your question, they should fire you in that scenario.

Question for you. So I guess Beast and Bennett should be fired soon for "disrespecting" our national anthem and flag?

 

as I recall Beast was wearing his company uniform in the sidelines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To your question, they should fire you in that scenario.
Question for you. So I guess Beast and Bennett should be fired soon for "disrespecting" our national anthem and flag?
 
as I recall Beast was wearing his company uniform in the sidelines.
Jesus H Christ, yes! They should be fired. But life isn't fair, and when you choose to make yourself the icon of a crusade, sometimes you get to die for the cause, while your foot soldiers fade back into the fold.

CK very publicly stated that his cause was more important than his career. Lucky him, he gets to put this money where his mouth is. The fact he stopped taking a knee when it became clear he might actually lose his job shows just how dedicated to the cause he really was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As repugnant as I find the actions of those not showing respect for the symbols that stand for their right to perform those very protests (irony lost on those players, I'm betting), let the performance numbers of your red herrings Bennett and Beast drop like Kaepernick's and they are gone without a second thought by the team's owners.

Performance = profit

Flagging performance + disrespectful to most fans behavior = "would you like fries with that?"

It seems that a museum celebrating the accomplishments of only one race has a political agenda and not an actual historical intent when a football player makes it prior to a Supreme Court Justice.  Numerically, there have been a lot more black football players than black Justices. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, brickhistory said:

As repugnant as I find the actions of those not showing respect for the symbols that stand for their right to perform those very protests (irony lost on those players, I'm betting), let the performance numbers of your red herrings Bennett and Beast drop like Kaepernick's and they are gone without a second thought by the team's owners.

Performance = profit

Flagging performance + disrespectful to most fans behavior = "would you like fries with that?"

It seems that a museum celebrating the accomplishments of only one race has a political agenda and not an actual historical intent when a football player makes it prior to a Supreme Court Justice.  Numerically, there have been a lot more black football players than black Justices. 

Let me translate it is okay sometimes to disrespect the flag/anthem so long as I get something out of it or it is profitable.

Finally someone sees the light!

1 hour ago, Lord Ratner said:

Jesus H Christ, yes! They should be fired. But life isn't fair, and when you choose to make yourself the icon of a crusade, sometimes you get to die for the cause, while your foot soldiers fade back into the fold.

CK very publicly stated that his cause was more important than his career. Lucky him, he gets to put this money where his mouth is. The fact he stopped taking a knee when it became clear he might actually lose his job shows just how dedicated to the cause he really was.

So back RTB original post, he (CK) is the leader of this crusade if a Museum wants to put him on a pedestal (museum normally does that kind of thing) for stirring up race in the Church of the Pigskin, let them at it. The museum probably made a calculated decision to use him as their newest banner boy kinda like Beast and many others are pulling in the bucks it is okay for them to continue disrespecting the flag.

I love this place, Merica!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1111 said:

Let me translate it is okay sometimes to disrespect the flag/anthem so long as I get something out of it or it is profitable.

Finally someone sees the light!

So back RTB original post, he (CK) is the leader of this crusade if a Museum wants to put him on a pedestal (museum normally does that kind of thing) for stirring up race in the Church of the Pigskin, let them at it. The museum probably made a calculated decision to use him as their newest banner boy kinda like Beast and many others are pulling in the bucks it is okay for them to continue disrespecting the flag.

I love this place, Merica!

IMG_4248.GIF.21dbcc1bf291498186b7053abe482955.GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My issue with this entire thing is that CK isn't getting a job because he seemed to be on the way out athletically. Lynch and Bennett are still studs, therefore their actions are acceptable due to their productivity.

Every year 32 teams keep 2 or 3 QB's on their active roster and maybe 1 on the practice squad. For arguments sake, let's call that 100 QB's. CK isn't going to take up a practice squad spot so there's 20 less spots. 10 were drafted this year and probably double were signed as undrafted free agents. Unlike linemen, there's no benefit to having a lot of depth at QB when you only have 53 spots. Therefore, QB is extremely limited in availability. Additionally, the backup QB is most often a "don't lose the game via turnovers" guy or the next big thing waiting in the wings. CK is neither one of those things. It's for those reasons that I don't think he'd have a job even if he didn't do the protest. The NFL is a ruthless business and a ton of people get sent packing every year.

Here's something you probably didn't expect: I admire the guy for speaking up about something he believes in and an issue that obviously needs attention. I don't think this act deserves prominence in a museum celebrating African American culture quite yet, but I'm not making those decisions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Hacker said:

The NAACP is demanding the Falcons sign Kaep...or they'll do...something.

http://www.fox4news.com/sports/274762065-story

""There will be no football in the state of Georgia if Colin Kaepernick is not on a training camp roster and given an opportunity to pursue his career," said Gerald Griggs from Atlanta NAACP. "This is not a simple request. This is a statement. This is a demand. And if Mr. Kaepernick is not allowed to pursue his career, then on September the 17th, at 5:00, we are going to have the world's largest tailgate, and that tailgate will not go into Mercedes-Benz Stadium. We will take a knee, and we will continue to take a knee on the NFL until they act with one voice.""

It's the same team that knows how to fuck up a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl and they also just installed a Chick-Fil-A in their new stadium...that's not open on Sundays.  Makes total sense.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that if even a team like the Seahawks (who have history of taking players with some issues off the field in stride due to culture and Pete Carroll's locker room leniency so long as they get it together to play football and get along) passed on CK is telling.  Regardless of talent, and even regardless of his kneeling on the field,  he obviously didn't take getting his job back very seriously.  Didn't he show up to talks in Miami with a Fidel Castro t-shirt?  At least where a collar, prick. There are career backup QBs struggling for minimum salaries with a wife and kids and prepared to move to their fourth or fifth shitty city and fourth or fifth shitty team.  I guess the minimum salary is still hundreds of thousands, but still.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 1111 said:

Let me translate it is okay sometimes to disrespect the flag/anthem so long as I get something out of it or it is profitable.

 

Negative.  It is not "ok" to disrespect the flag and anthem.  But that is my personal belief.  I won't watch those teams who keep such arrogant, clueless individuals and I let the advertisers know of my displeasure. 

If enough fans of the affected teams feel that way, then the players will be kicked to the curb without a second thought.

If more fans want a winning team vs. a respectful one, then the opposite will occur.

Those disrespecting the flag/anthem are protesting the symbols of the very idea that gives them the right, opportunity, and vehicle to stage said protest.  Not the brightest bulbs in the ceiling fixture in my mind. 

Going old school:  don't like it, GTFO.

I don't see them thriving in Russia or Cuba.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1111, Let me ask you one question. 
I'm an airline pilot.  Let's suppose I show up to fly... in my uniform... for my company... and we take off.  At level off, the seatbelt sign goes off and I begin to talk on the microphone:  "Ladies and gentlemen... from the flight deck... welcome to yada, yada,... seat belt sign is off... yada, yada....  And by the way, folks, I want to tell you what I think about the current political climate in the USA, and discuss my views on the whole LGBTQ scene going on..." 
What do you think my airline should do to me if I decided to do that?  Assuming they didn't ground me or fire me, what if I did that every flight?  
When Kaepernick puts on the uniform, he is there the perform for his team and represent the NFL.  That's it.  Play your silly game to the highest level you can.  You're an employee,.  Execute your job.  
CK's actions... on the job, and in his company uniform... are disgraceful to the company (NFL) and he should be disciplined.  However, Goodell was too weak to do anything, and his "company" let him run amok. 
If CK wants to run his mouth and give his views when he isn't working, he has that right like anyone else.  I'm not sure he really can, since he comes across as not too articulate, and not very well read.  While he probably has a diploma, I seriously doubt he really developed his intellect during his college years.  But while his is in the uniform of an NFL team, he represents that business.  He isn't there to make "statements".  Play your silly game, go home, takeoff the uniform, and then call your press conference.  
Yet another reason I'm glad I gave up watching NFL football in 1992.  
 
 


Well. Effing. Stated.

Good day to you sir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CK didn't become persona non grata when he took a knee; he did it when he wore socks depicting cops as pigs and a shirt idolizing Castro - even a high school education should have prevented him from that level of hypocrisy.  Even at that: plenty of asshat players have still found employment when they can play serious ball: TO, Pacman Jones and Vick were a few. What sealed the deal with CK was when it became obvious that his only good season in SF was a result of a strong Harbaugh team hitting on all cylinders.

He sucks, plain and simple. Maybe, if he weren't such an asshole, he could get hired as a backup. So could Johnny Football. It's not about race; it's about how much benefit you offer and at how much cost (both monetary and in terms of associated drama). His risk/reward just doesn't make sense to any team right now.  That's what you get for being an a$$hole. 

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Joe Mixon

  signs a 5 million dollar contract. It's ALL about the Benjamins and how much you contribute to the team's bottom line. Nothing more, nothing less

Edited by fire4effect
spellin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×