NFL Ratings are Way Down

HuggyU2

24 minutes ago, SocialD said:

Imagine the ratings drop if fantasy football went away.  

I know a number of people that have quit fantasy football over their disgust with the NFL.  They have echoed this very thing.  

For the record, I have no idea how fantasy football works or really even what it is.  

• Upvote 2

On 8/13/2018 at 6:46 PM, HossHarris said:

Don’t take your social/political/societal cues from professional gladiators  nor allow their opinions the same weight as real people .... 

The same should be said about reality TV stars... but here we are, with one in the WH.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2018 at 3:31 PM, Prosuper said:

I believe that my generation ,born 1963, are no longer enamored by the current generation of players. Maybe its because of today's social media and 24 hr news cycle, a player gets caught beating up his wife or committing a felony makes it hard to root for these guys on Sunday. For every Tim Tebow there are 20 Ray Carruths, the guy who murdered his pregnant girlfriend. Still love to watch the High Schools and college which still plays the game at its purest level. My favorite players were guys like Walter Payton, who even though played on some horrible teams they still gave us 100%. 

Todays generation grew up with much more choices for their entertainment money and time. The NFL will not close up shop but they have to think about the players, ask yourself would you want these guys living next door to you. 

Wait....so you actually think college and high school players don't do those things?

College ball is 100x more corrupt and shady than the NFL could ever hope to be.

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:19 AM, Vertigo said:

an-im-not-racist-or-anything-guide-exactly-when-where-27997760.png

Ah yes, playing the racist card...

I'm not a professional card player, just the occasional home game, but when I see someone playing the race card even I can recognize a weak hand.

So these suddenly socially aware athletes, who were able to take advantage of their God-given talent, hard work, and luck within the nation and system that rewarded them by making them part of the dreaded 1%, want to denigrate not just the part of our society that need improving, but the whole enchilada.  And me too.

If the NFL chooses to ignore such behavior, I withhold my money, my time, and my givingashitedness.  The continuing decline of revenue will either convince the owners to impose their will upon their employees or they will continue to see money going elsewhere and the proud race warriors who rarely ever seem to voluntarily live back in the old neighborhood dropping rapidly out of that 1%.

To that I say to the average three year career NFL'er, "It's the green BMW," as I hand him the valet ticket.

As to "Malcolm X" Kaepernick and his 'bold' stance in face of The Man, I remind him that the clock is ticking and he's not getting any younger.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, brickhistory said:

Ah yes, playing the racist card...

I'm not a professional card player, just the occasional home game, but when I see someone playing the race card even I can recognize a weak hand.

So these suddenly socially aware athletes, who were able to take advantage of their God-given talent, hard work, and luck within the nation and system that rewarded them by making them part of the dreaded 1%, want to denigrate not just the part of our society that need improving, but the whole enchilada.  And me too.

If the NFL chooses to ignore such behavior, I withhold my money, my time, and my givingashitedness.  The continuing decline of revenue will either convince the owners to impose their will upon their employees or they will continue to see money going elsewhere and the proud race warriors who rarely ever seem to voluntarily live back in the old neighborhood dropping rapidly out of that 1%.

To that I say to the average three year career NFL'er, "It's the green BMW," as I hand him the valet ticket.

As to "Malcolm X" Kaepernick and his 'bold' stance in face of The Man, I remind him that the clock is ticking and he's not getting any younger.

I'm confused. Are they the 1% or are they lowly minimum wage servants?

I think you've completely forget that athletes have always been outspoken and played major roles in conversation about racial discrimination in our society. Jackie Robinson said he wouldn't sing the anthem or salute the flag because of the racism he faced in society.  Jessie Owens wasn't outspoken publicly but he certainly contributed to the debate. Tommie Smith and the other black sprinter made the black power fist on the olympics to raise awareness about oppression. Mohammed Ali wouldn't go fight for America because a Vietnamese soldier never called him the n word. Pay attention, this has happened for decades.

I bet you would love for them to shut up, but probably like to hear Ted Nugent's latest opinions on foreign policy on fox news each week, because he's more qualified than a Stanford educated athlete. Just say you don't agree with their views instead of taking the cowardly way out and refusing to even discuss the problem at it's merits.

Athletes are raising awareness that unarmed black citizens, who are legally presumed innocent, are executed by police at a rate 2.5 times more frequently than white men. Why are you so scared to discuss that issue? Why are you saying that kneeling is more disrespectful than some guy who wants to use that precious symbol to decorate his sleeveless tap out shirt?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

“Presumed innocent” doesn’t mean just take it when someone attempts, or appears to attempt to kill. If I was convinced someone was trying to kill me, I wouldn’t think to myself, well their skin is a certain color so I’ll just let them do it.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, pintail21 said:

Athletes are raising awareness that unarmed black citizens, who are legally presumed innocent, are executed by police at a rate 2.5 times more frequently than white men. Why are you so scared to discuss that issue? Why are you saying that kneeling is more disrespectful than some guy who wants to use that precious symbol to decorate his sleeveless tap out shirt?

Wow.  What an incredibly ignorant statement.  

We can absolutely discuss the issue, but honesty is warranted first.  "Unarmed black citizens" are not being "executed" by police.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

12 hours ago, pintail21 said:

I'm confused. Are they the 1% or are they lowly minimum wage servants?

I think you've completely forget that athletes have always been outspoken and played major roles in conversation about racial discrimination in our society. Jackie Robinson said he wouldn't sing the anthem or salute the flag because of the racism he faced in society.  Jessie Owens wasn't outspoken publicly but he certainly contributed to the debate. Tommie Smith and the other black sprinter made the black power fist on the olympics to raise awareness about oppression. Mohammed Ali wouldn't go fight for America because a Vietnamese soldier never called him the n word. Pay attention, this has happened for decades.

I bet you would love for them to shut up, but probably like to hear Ted Nugent's latest opinions on foreign policy on fox news each week, because he's more qualified than a Stanford educated athlete. Just say you don't agree with their views instead of taking the cowardly way out and refusing to even discuss the problem at it's merits.

What are some of the differences in today's society/culture/laws compared to the 40s when Jackie Robinson was crossing the color line as the first black major league baseball player?  I am curious what your thoughts are on this since you are accusing folks of being cowards and refusing to discuss the problem at it's merits.  

I love how people are attacking Dak Prescott for saying that the anthem is not the time to protest but that if someone comes up with a plan to do something about social injustice that he would be first in line to actually DO SOMETHING about it. I guess kneeling is much easier than actual change.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, pintail21 said:

Executed?

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/04/23/health/gun-deaths-in-men-by-state-study/index.html

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/20/2018 at 8:13 PM, pintail21 said:

unarmed black citizens, who are legally presumed innocent, are executed by police at a rate 2.5 times more frequently than white men

What a bullshit statement.  Execution rate?  GMAFB. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings-2017/

Summary:

Unarmed White Men killed by police:  24 (2017) and 17 (2018)

Unarmed Black Men killed by police: 19 (2017) and 12 (2018)

Yes, there are more White Men in the population than Black Men.  But to draw some type of tyrannical conclusion that the 700,000+ police officers in the country are on some kind of black citizen "Execution" spree with 19 unarmed black deaths compared to 24 unarmed white deaths is just ridiculous.  

• Upvote 5

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/6/2019 at 11:16 PM, HuggyU2 said:

5BE384CE-F320-4815-87CA-68536C3D8ABA.jpeg

I literally was unaware that the regular season started last Sunday.  So after watching the F1 race, seeing the schedule on the Direct TV guide, reminded me, "Where's Kaepernick?"

Not gettin' any younger, are you Colin?

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...