LA ANG is hiring!

3 hours ago, Buddy Spike said:

Don't forget blue suit and red tie.  Or is it red suit and blue tie?  I can never remember.  

Forgive my dumb question, but what's wrong with blue suit and red tie?

• Downvote 1

On 7/4/2017 at 7:46 PM, GDAL said:

Forgive my dumb question, but what's wrong with blue suit and red tie?

Nothing if it's interview time.  If you show up in a suit on a random drill weekend to rush it might be a different story.  Lose the jacket and tie till you get an interview.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

It's that time again .  May drill will be our next UPT board.  The rushing window is officially open - Feb 23-25 and Mar 9-11 are upcoming drill dates for visits.  April drill the squadron will be on the road shooting missiles at Tyndall so get your visits in soon.  Resumes and coordination still go to 122fspilothiring@gmail.com

C'mon down!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 1/17/2018 at 7:00 PM, EvilEagle said:

It's that time again .  May drill will be our next UPT board.  The rushing window is officially open - Feb 23-25 and Mar 9-11 are upcoming drill dates for visits.  April drill the squadron will be on the road shooting missiles at Tyndall so get your visits in soon.  Resumes and coordination still go to 122fspilothiring@gmail.com

C'mon down!

Is this board also for non-11F dudes?

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:00 PM, EvilEagle said:

C'mon down!

EvilEagle, are you all entertaining age waivers at this time for AD or prior guys? 

Thanks!

On 1/20/2018 at 12:49 PM, LookieRookie said:

Is this board also for non-11F dudes?

Are you talking about cross training from a different platform?  

2 hours ago, umaerograd said:

EvilEagle, are you all entertaining age waivers at this time for AD or prior guys? 

Thanks!

No, sorry we aren’t looking for age waivers. 

52 minutes ago, LookieRookie said:

Yes, pilots from non-fighter airframes.

PM me for specifics. 

In general there aren’t any cross flow opportunities these days. The state gets more for their dollar (speaking longevity here) from a brand new Lt going to the few b-course slots that we get than older dudes. Not completely impossible but it’s a significant uphill climb — particularly in our squadron because the last three times we did that it did work out. 

• 2 months later...

Folks, we've decided to get one more weekend of visiting in before our hiring board so we're moving the board back to June.  May 18-20 is the next drill weekend that we'll be in town, so make plans to come to Nola if you want to be an Eagle driver.  

Edited by EvilEagle

On 3/23/2018 at 8:29 PM, EvilEagle said:

Folks, we've decided to get one more weekend of visiting in before our hiring board so we're moving the board back to June.  May 18-20 is the next drill weekend that we'll be in town, so make plans to come to Nola if you want to be an Eagle driver.  

Will you guys be accepting any new applications?

13 hours ago, EvilEagle said:

Absolutely! Get your pilot packages to 122fspilothiring@gmail.com

Evil, are you guys seriously using a Gmail account for recruiting/hiring?  Do you guys not have a comm squadron who can set up an email account that's, you know, official and stuff?

hehe

Hacker: it’s just easier to use Gmail. You remember how much of a pain it is getting anything non-standard going on official email. Nothing wrong with Gmail and more than one person can check it. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/25/2018 at 11:50 AM, EvilEagle said:

Hacker: it’s just easier to use Gmail. You remember how much of a pain it is getting anything non-standard going on official email. Nothing wrong with Gmail and more than one person can check it. 

I just had this hope that the ANG was a last bastion of places that didn't have to deal with the big, inefficient bureaucracy of stuff like that.

On 3/28/2018 at 7:31 PM, EvilEagle said:

It is the last bastion, but few places overcome the lethargy that is the "support" group...

On one of my assignments working on Wing Staff, I took to calling them "The Group" as they were not providing any support  or service to anyone except themselves.

The Wing CV advised me that, although that was dead-on and quite funny, I should not say that in Wing Staff meetings.

Edited by Hacker
  • Like 1

On 3/23/2018 at 8:29 PM, EvilEagle said:

Evil, is this rated or UPT only?