LA ANG is hiring!

We're looking for a new pilot or two.  All interested individuals are invited to send their resume and/or information to 122FSpilothiring@gmail.com .  A full application includes, but is not limited to, a college degree or status of coursework/transcript,  AFOQT scores, TBAS test and PCSM score, and summary of flying time, if any.

All applications will be considered, but only a small number of applicants will be invited to interview in January.  I highly recommend visiting during one of the upcoming drills (Oct 14-16, Nov 4-6, Dec 2-4).  If you want to maximize your chances make sure all the tests are complete with competitive scores (most of our applicants that get interviews have scores in the 90s) and you are within a semester of college graduation.  It also helps if you visit (and don't get hammered and make a fool of yourself - I mention it because it happens). 

Questions?  Shoot an email to the address above.  Good luck everyone, we're looking forward to finding our next round of Eagle drivers.

IMG_6058.JPG

IMG_6047.JPG

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

VFA-204, the River Rattlers are based out of New Orleans. What I've found is that I really love doing A/A... So why not see if I can't fly a platform that does it the best, exclusively?

VFA-204, the River Rattlers are based out of New Orleans. What I've found is that I really love doing A/A... So why not see if I can't fly a platform that does it the best, exclusively?

From what I hear, the hardest part about transitioning to the Eagle is telling your parents you're gay.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, VMFA187 said:

They have a former Navy guy, hope he made a good impression.  Joking aside, its a great unit, and in reality, a pretty good location.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, VMFA187 said:

It really depends on your situation.  The transition course you would need is not the easiest to get - particularly in FY17.  When would you be separating?  Your year group will mean a lot as well.  Feel free to PM me if you don't want to put it all on display.

And if you learn to fly God's jet you'll have to learn to live with people like Kenny who are mad they didn't graduate first in their UPT class and still get gunned by our wingmen. 

3 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

From what I hear, the hardest part about transitioning to the Eagle is telling your parents you're gay.

It's ok buddy!  You have feelings, I don't know what those are, but I'll try to be nicer.  ;) 

Just now, matmacwc said:

They have a former Navy guy, hope he made a good impression.  Joking aside, its a great unit, and in reality, a pretty good location.  

Thanks brotatochip.  Our most recent Navy guy did NOT make a good impression.  The two before him weren't terrible, so still batting .667 for the long haul.  We hired our first Strike Eagle pilot for the transition recently - we'll see how that goes!

• Upvote 1

On 10/4/2016 at 11:02 PM, EvilEagle said:

Questions?  Shoot an email to the address above.  Good luck everyone, we're looking forward to finding our next round of Eagle drivers.

Is there a preference for which of the upcoming drill weekends to show up and visit? Who should we contact to ensure gate access?

Sent in my application last week, looking to coordinate a trip over with some other Florida-based applicants.

16 minutes ago, sforron said:

Is there a preference for which of the upcoming drill weekends to show up and visit? Who should we contact to ensure gate access?

Sent in my application last week, looking to coordinate a trip over with some other Florida-based applicants.

I'm Florida-based. PM me because I definitely want to visit as well... Also, I'm Navy Civilian, so I might have access to the base depending on how strict entrance is.

Edited by tk1313

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, DuckHunter said:

Looks like this may be a non-rated board, are you considering rated guys as well?

Don't know your background but if you aren't a current or previous 11Fxx - this is the board for you.  We only go with experienced boards (current or previous fighter pilot) vs inexperienced (never been a fighter pilot).  This is an inexperienced board. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We're open to anyone stopping by for a visit/applying to the unit. 

Some questions you should know the answer to if you are going to visit:  Why didn't you get your first choice before UPT?  Why didn't you continue to apply?  How well did you do in UPT?  Why do you want to fly fighters now?  What do you know about the fighter lifestyle? 

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, matmacwc said:

UPT directs or established dudes?  Are you back in the states yet?  As a side note, your additional duty is to travel Europe on a motorcycle if you get into this unit, looked like fun!

Haha. That whole program is what I call 'guard strong'. Stuff you can't do on AD because the forces of dumb and 'no you can't do that'. It did not suck. 

We are open to hire either- we need both experienced and new guys. 

34 minutes ago, Bobsan said:

Tips for success:
- wear skin colored suede shoes
- go into interview with guitar and sing Dos gringos

Excellent advice.  For anyone rushing - remember that advice is worth what you pay for it.