Visiting unit on drill weekend

I'm planning on visiting a unit this weekend that I'm applying to. I was told drill starts at 0700 but was unsure when the best time to show up would be and how long to stay? Show up at 0650 and stay all day or a few hours later and stay a couple of hours? I deifinitely don't want to step on any toes while trying to meet everyone and get my name out there but I also don't want it to appear that I'm not interested. 

Just show up at 7.  Everyone will probably be in a roll call of some sort at 7, so hang out in the bar/common area/Heritage Room/lobby until someone looks at you or says, "Who the hell are you?"  Then do your thing.

Edited by nunya

In my experience you can contact whoever is processing pilot applications (usually a pilot doing that), and they will tell you what time is good to show up. Sometimes they will pick you up at the gate and show you around for the day, or will coordinate to get you a base pass and tell you what time is good to get there. For me it varied from having lunch and talking to folks for a couple hours, all the way to making it a whole weekend event. 

1 minute ago, sforron said:

I believe they said that they're heading to Sentry Savannah for their November drill weekend, so not likely. Never hurts to reach out and see, though.

Nice, I've got family in Savannah, and could easily hop up there... But probably need to contact them first.