AD desire to land a HH60 slot.

44Driver

1 hour ago, matmacwc said:

Luck, timing and skill.

Luck and timing are the two things people hardly have control over haha. If I went active duty getting the opportunity to be a pilot in the Air Force after being a Crew Chief for 8 years is a dream. I couldn’t be happier on drop not honestly no matter what I got. I just tend to lean toward the HH-60 cause of its mission. IMO being able to fly to bring someone home that needs help gets my blood flowing (I have watched Inside Combat Rescue). 

Edited by 44Driver

On 9/16/2016 at 4:35 AM, 44Driver said:

Luck and timing are the two things people hardly have control over haha. If I went active duty getting the opportunity to be a pilot in the Air Force after being a Crew Chief for 8 years is a dream. I couldn’t be happier on drop not honestly no matter what I got. I just tend to lean toward the HH-60 cause of its mission. IMO being able to fly to bring someone home that needs help gets my blood flowing (I have watched Inside Combat Rescue). 

It's nothing like Combat Rescue now days.  More sitting around waiting for the worst to happen.  Be prepared.  

Luck and timing are 80% of everything in the AF. There are times when flight/CC's can work a special deal for the #1 guy, but don't count on that.

Go into it not expecting to get what you want, work your @ss off, make it known that you want to go 60s (make sure you're not going overboard with it), and maybe it will work out. Maybe it won't. But put in the effort so that if it doesn't work, it's because of the system and not because you didn't do your part

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

18 hours ago, uhhello said:

It's nothing like Combat Rescue now days.  More sitting around waiting for the worst to happen.  Be prepared.  

Yeah thats what I figured. Regardless I’d be happy! 

15 hours ago, hispeed7721 said:

Luck and timing are 80% of everything in the AF. There are times when flight/CC's can work a special deal for the #1 guy, but don't count on that.

Go into it not expecting to get what you want, work your @ss off, make it known that you want to go 60s (make sure you're not going overboard with it), and maybe it will work out. Maybe it won't. But put in the effort so that if it doesn't work, it's because of the system and not because you didn't do your part

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

Roger that, like I said before I would just be happy getting a chance to be a pilot in the Air Force! Flying helicopters is where I would like to end up but at the same time if I got a fighter slot or heavy slot I wouldn’t be disappointed at all. Humble and happy, I think a lot of that gets lost nowadays.

9 hours ago, Rohhiram said:

If you're set on helos look at the Guard/Reserves. I think there's ANG helos in California, Alaska, and New York..Reserve might have them down in Florida.

As a matter of fact I live in Florida and headed to visit the guys over at patrick on the next UTA. Looking forward to checking out there operation over there and meeting guys in the unit. Still deciding on either active duty or reserves. I’m on the fence about waiting till 60 for that retirement check....

Edited by 44Driver

7 hours ago, Rohhiram said:

Yeah, that was a big thing for me too when I was looking at them, but I opted for the Guard. If you're lucky you can get an AGR slot and get the normal AD retirement, but that's nothing to bank on.

Yeah an AGR slot would be great! Hell I’d take the GS-12 position I've seen on USAJOBS. All about timing I guess.